Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
I am going to take a bit of a flyer on this one but we will see. I have a hard cover book published in 1982 called "Grand National Stock Car Racing..The Other Side of The Fence". I looked on Ebay and you can buy one for $3.87. The book contains some beautiful photography of racers and race cars.

What makes this one special is that it contains four autographs, three of which if you do not have them you will never get. The fourth is a highly unlikely one as well. So I am hoping the book with the autographs will have some value to those whose passion is NASCAR.

The book was autographed by:

The late Tim Richmond
The late Buddy Baker
The late Dale Earnhardt
and Bobby Allison

So lets do a 12 Days of Christmas and whoever has the high bid by midnight on the forum clock on December 12, 2017 will be declared the winner. I will pay for the freight and hopefully have it to you before Christmas. Remember all the funds go to the Canadian Corvette Forum. I am not putting a minimum bid on this, I really want it to go to a good home. Any questions just ask.

Just put your bid, if you want to bid of course, as a reply to this thread. Good luck.

Murray

IMG_5878.jpg
IMG_5878.jpg

Last edited:
I am going to take a bit of a flyer on this one but we will see. I have a hard cover book published in 1982 called "Grand National Stock Car Racing..The Other Side of The Fence". I looked on Ebay and you can buy one for $3.87. The book contains some beautiful photography of racers and race cars.

What makes this one special is that it contains four autographs, three of which if you do not have them you will never get. The fourth is a highly unlikely one as well. So I am hoping the book with the autographs will have some value to those whose passion is NASCAR.

The book was autographed by:

The late Tim Richmond
The late Buddy Baker
The late Dale Earnhardt
and Bobby Allison

So lets do a 12 Days of Christmas and whoever has the high bid by midnight on the forum clock on December 12, 2017 will be declared the winner. I will pay for the freight and hopefully have it to you before Christmas. Remember all the funds go to the Canadian Corvette Forum. I am not putting a minimum bid on this, I really want it to go to a good home. Any questions just ask.

Just put your bid, if you want to bid of course, as a reply to this thread. Good luck.

Murray

View attachment 13035 View attachment 13035

Wow, Murray, speechless. Thank you for your continued support of this community and this is quite prize.

Perhaps a pic of the autographs would get folks looking into this with excitement.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
At one time I had access to all of these guys without someone calling "Security...Security". The shots of the individual autographs are not great, the lighting in the house just never seems to work. Earnhardt, I had a long conversation with when he signed this picture. Richmond was in the midsts of thinking of going to F1 when he signed the book, really nice person with a great sense of humour. Buddy Baker was like sitting down with your best friend for a beer, good guy. Allison was a bit stand offish but he signed anyhow.

Thanks for looking. Remember it goes to a really good cause, the Canadian Corvette Forum.

IMG_5879.jpg
IMG_5881.jpg

Reactions: ddgermann
Murray..
That is an awesome donation ....!
Thank you.

I’ll start this off a low bid of $31.57...
Come on people get in here..there is only 11 days left.
Graham

Great donation Murray... Thank you....

$31.57 ? Is that with BC taxes or something Graham? lol...I don't have near the Nascar passion that lots of members here have but the cause is a good one so I will bump the bid.... How much though....Since I'm in Alberta and everything here revolves around the price of oil, I will bid today's barrel of oil closing price of $ 58.36.

Eric.. should I out-bid you or are you you getting me my Xmas present!
Spoiler alert!!!
LOL
Graham

Awwwwww Graham.... How to ruin a surprise....Now I might as well just buy it as an investment... . I will have it on ebay on December 13th for
$125.00... That will teach you to guess what you were getting for Christmas....:rolleyes:

Reactions: nascar03
Graham could not agree with you more. The First Lady of Motorsport,Linda Vaughn is one classy lady. She has been struggling with heart issues lately but is still working hard promoting all things automotive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.