I respect Murray for this awesome gesture that he has created ...
Shenanigans gives me concern. I would suggest a tiny condition or two ...

Bidding on this item should be easy to understand ... like what's the high bid

Bidders should maybe put a donation in and that's it - a donation. No virtual running up of the bids like in that reality show without actually committing and the rest knowing.

Nik (or Murray) it's your rule to make?

Last edited:
Officially 200
I respect Murray for this awesome gesture that he has created ... it is something I want to follow with an item of my own the week after ... however

Shenanigans gives me concern. I would suggest a tiny change to the rule ...

Bidding on this item should be in actual accumulated donations an individual member between Dec 1st and Dec 12th only.
The individual member with the highest accumulation of donated bids gains the prize.

Bidders should put a donation in and that's it - a donation. No virtual running up of the bids like in that reality show without actually committing.
I see Derek is already in with an actual $100 donation since Dec 1st and that is what I want to put my bid in against ... not the virtual Derek's + $10.

Nik (or Murray) it's your rule to make?

... and I am a sniper-bidder at the end ... I do want this item real bad ... but I want my bid to be an actual donation so that all other bids are donations too ...
then all shenanigans stop

That’s a good idea Spence. I may however may have shot too soon. If we only get one bid.

:banghead:

Reactions: YFCvii
Officially 200

That’s a good idea Spence. I may however may have shot too soon. If we only get one bid.

:banghead:
Nope ... should have it covered ... Since Dec 1st ! and total accumulated bids donated between Dec 1st and 12th ... so your next donation of $10 makes your bid $110 ...

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
OK guys, let's keep it simple and not make this something that requires a degree in rocket science with a minor in textiles. Not sure why I find textiles complicated but alas it's a scary word.

Sorry I should've jumped in and clarified this a little sooner.

The rules are as follows:

• Bid period: Dec 1 - 12 (midnight PST)

• Please post clearly with a bid higher than the previous one. Avoid ambiguity please so we don't go off topic. We will look at lower bids in case the winner changes his/her mind at which point we will do lower second chance bids (because we're not equipped to send the boys round to collect like ebay) :)

• This is open bidding, you get as many or few bids as you desire. But let's keep it manageable and avoid bidding less than $10 higher than the previous highest bid. Because we don't have the mechanisms like ebay to hide your highest bid (and autobid) please avoid stating your highest bid.

• If you wish to bid in private please PM me and I will bid on your behalf publicly (without mentioning your username)

I've created a special donation page for this (and future ad-hoc contests):
Ad-hoc CCF Donations | Canadian Corvette Forums

To Spence's (@SN-III) point and to be fair if you have made a donation during this period (Dec 1-12) to our monthly campaign you may deduct it from the final amount owing. I'll leave that entirely to your discretion and will thank you profusely whichever way you decide to go.

On a side note this (and all other generous monthly donations) come at a really crucial time for CCF as we have some very significant expenses we will be incurring over the next couple of months as we go through our major upgrades. Again thank you all, thanks Murray.

In the interest of keeping this simple please use the above link for final payment. Monthly donation drives I'd like to keep separate with this being the exception to the rule.

Thanks again and hope that clarifies things.

I'm in for $112.69.

Derek you are the current HIGHEST bidder as of this time.

I’m out. The highest I’ll go to is $200. Merry Christmas & it’s Great we are raising Lots of ‘Mula’!

I appreciate this but please clarify if you are bidding $200 or simply making a statement. :) Sorry I don't want to leave people disappointed or stressed out. This should be a fun contest :).

Reactions: nascar03 and YFCvii
Thank you Nik for the clarification.

My hope with this was to have a little fun, raise some money for the CCF and send this book off to a good home. Just so everyone is aware I handed the book to each driver and he signed it while we chatted, the signatures are real.

Appreciate the bids and as usual the good humour that floats so easily around here.:thumbs:

At the suggestion of a friend I want to add a bit to this auction. I do ask in advance that you might have to bear with me to ship the book until after Christmas.

Looking through my stuff that I can put my hands on, there is lots more, I have pictures of Earnhardt, Allison and Buddy Baker and their respective cars. I have a pit pass and it is possible that I have a program from Cayuga Speedway the day they ran. It was an incredible race dominated by one of the NASCAR racers. I have never seen such a display of racers determination. A short story of that race will be included.

Photos of Richmond remain elusive at the moment but I do have a pit pass for that race as well. I am sure I have a program for this NASCAR North race as well.

So if you can wait I will provide you with prints of the drivers/cars and whatever else I can find. I just cannot physically look for it at the moment.

Thanks for the bids so far guys. I see some strategies developing here and it will be interesting how this all works.

At the suggestion of a friend I want to add a bit to this auction. I do ask in advance that you might have to bear with me to ship the book until after Christmas.

Looking through my stuff that I can put my hands on, there is lots more, I have pictures of Earnhardt, Allison and Buddy Baker and their respective cars. I have a pit pass and it is possible that I have a program from Cayuga Speedway the day they ran. It was an incredible race dominated by one of the NASCAR racers. I have never seen such a display of racers determination. A short story of that race will be included.

Photos of Richmond remain elusive at the moment but I do have a pit pass for that race as well. I am sure I have a program for this NASCAR North race as well.

So if you can wait I will provide you with prints of the drivers/cars and whatever else I can find. I just cannot physically look for it at the moment.

Thanks for the bids so far guys. I see some strategies developing here and it will be interesting how this all works.

Great addition to this item Murray. From my antique picking sideline experience, I have learned a smidgen regarding the value of a good provenance when dealing with items like this. The fact that you are able to relate and authenticate your own hands-on acquisition of the book, meeting these drivers, acquiring their signatures, and offering up the program and other track paraphernalia all adds up to equal a very very happy Nascar aficionado when this auction closes on the 12th. :thumbs:

Murray..
Another great gesture !
May I suggest something my mom told me..
'Don't give it all up on the first date!'
There could be other auctions.. more fun for everyone.
Maybe a DAYTONA DONATION DAY...
thanx pal.

graham
It's a good suggestion Graham

I have a goody or two to offer as well for CCF (some for the smaller donations to win)
I intend to follow in this legacy of Murray's - and under Nik's guidance.
(I will avoid colliding with the timing of another campaign though)

Last edited:
Reactions: nascar03
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.