I wonder what effect that will have on the Canadian allocations. I know we have been told what we will get for the first 6-months, but what about the other half of the model year???

First 6 Months?! Crap. I thought that number was first quarter...

They called it "phase 1". There are two 'phases' in a production model year.

This all being said, they could have come up with that information from a few surveys of dealerships: "How many orders do you have in your system" and compare that to how many they plan on producing. In the long run, we're probably going to get plenty.

Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
I still haven't put the order in for mine, I wanted to wait till the viewing at Depew. Definitely getting it. I expected 2020MY to be sold out but im now wondering if i'll even get a 2021 in time for Spring that year. Dealership I bought my Camaro from 2 years ago told me they will keep me on a waiting list for 3rd wave since im a customer already but they havent taken any deposit from me. Wondering if I should go and put a deposit down somewhere to try and get one for Spring 2021.

Generally wondering what others are doing w.r.t this 2020 sold out news?

My bet is that "sold out" is actual combined sales to individuals AND dealer allocations sold or not sold yet.... There will be lots of 2020's on dealer lots... Just not in Canada... lol.... Good PR for GM dealers though... There will now be a mad rush of deposits for 2021 models.... JMO

I wonder what effect that will have on the Canadian allocations. I know we have been told what we will get for the first 6-months, but what about the other half of the model year???

Second half will be slashed dramatically if we see any. The strike is the cause of this unfortunately They have to cut numbers somewhere and Canada place to start.

Reactions: Gilles27
Second half will be slashed dramatically if we see any. The strike is the cause of this unfortunately They have to cut numbers somewhere and Canada place to start.
pure speculation

Jake tell me how magically they can produce the same number of vehicles after that long of a strike vs what they had planned prior to? Not enough runway left

Well, GM's original plan was to build 40,000 2020 Corvettes, and in that article, they said that all 40,000 are sold, so that's something to go on.

At the end of the day, anything is speculation. We'll have to wait and see.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Reactions: BDK and Gilles27
I still haven't put the order in for mine, I wanted to wait till the viewing at Depew. Definitely getting it. I expected 2020MY to be sold out but im now wondering if i'll even get a 2021 in time for Spring that year. Dealership I bought my Camaro from 2 years ago told me they will keep me on a waiting list for 3rd wave since im a customer already but they havent taken any deposit from me. Wondering if I should go and put a deposit down somewhere to try and get one for Spring 2021.

Generally wondering what others are doing w.r.t this 2020 sold out news?
I was told this week that I probably won’t see mine until 2021 sometime and I put 5k down in August. Disappointing to say the least.

Might also cost you an extra $5000 for that 5HP with GM price increase! lol

I know my dealership probably doesn't know much (or anything) about the 2021 and its all speculation but...they did advise me the prices for the order I just put in for the C8 will likely change and expect up to 10k delta. But thats the ceiling so I guess anywhere from 2k to 10k is fair game?

I'd probably say the 1LT will get the steeper of the price hikes.

So if you have a contract for a build at the agreed price and they cant provide the car would they be allowed to raise the price if we had to wait longer than expected? I would think that would be breach of contract.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.