This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

2020 C8 Accessories People Have Purchased

I can fully recommend the Carcoversfactory.ca indoor cover for the C8. $199 no tax no delivery fee. If fits very well and is very soft. Also very easy to put on as the material is very stretchy, very much like althletic apparel.

Great post! I purchased my 256GB PDR card on Amazon Canada - from Stimula Lifestyle as seller they have the lowest price in Canada. The card comes straight out of the box and ready to use. Remember the SD card must be formatted FAT32 in order for your SD CARD to work! SD CARDS purchased at stores are EXFAT formatted. Here is a breakdown of recording time;

256GB GIVES YOU 6304 MINUTES OR 105 HOURS OF RECORDING 4.38 DAYS

128GB SD CARD WHICH GIVES YOU 3149 MINUTES

64GB SD CARD WHICH GIVES YOU 25 HOURS OF RECORDING

Cheers!

Reactions: gone
ExFat works in the C8
Edit: For the PDR it's ExFat
To begin, insert an exFAT formatted SD card, Class 10 required, 16 GB or larger recommended, into the glove box SD card reader.

Naming for Music as below
File System and Naming File systems supported by the USB may include: . FAT32 . NTFS . HFS+

Last edited:
Reactions: gone
I'm adding another C8 potential accessory:

20. Cover up labels for sun visors. For those picky people who consider the warning labels on the sun visors ugly, you can cover them up to blend in with the rest of the sun visor and make it a clean uniform look. A company that sells this material is: Car Lovers THE ORIGINAL SUNVISOR SOLUTIONS and they do ship to Canada with the over-all cost looking fairly reasonable. I've not purchased from them so can't recommend dimensions or the type of material needed for a C8, and I'm hoping anyone who does can let us know. In the past, our Forum member SN-III had made/sold some for previous generations but he's yet to come out with something for the C8. I can only hope that changes so we have a "made-in-Canada" solution...

I tried to add this to the original post so everything would be together but ran into a "20,000 word limit" and couldn't. I don't know if one of the moderators can lift the limit to include the above and I'll leave this with them to decide. TKS.

I don't know about you guys, but I have such a bad case of the Monday winter blahs today. I wish spring was here so I can get driving again.

So far stuff I've bought for the C8.

1. GM indoor car cover. Bought this from Kipp Scott online. Local dealer wasn't willing to price match, so just paid the $50 for shipping to the GTA.

2. Paragon lowering collars.

3. Paragon 20mm wheel spacers.

4. Radiator and side vent guards from radiator grill store.

5. AGM carbon 5VM front and side skirts.

6. GM highwing spoiler.

7. UPR oil catch can.

8. Samsung 256 gig memory card....Black Friday deal for $40 from Bestbuy.

Still really debating wheels....$5-6K is a lot of cheddar...plus tires...plus TPMS.

The winter blahs are no doubt compounded from being "COVID cooped-up". Glad your order from Kipp Scott online worked out and lucky you, being able to score a high wing spoiler from GM. If you can hold off on the tires/rims, I suspect sale prices will start to happen with more C8's produced and as more manufacturers enter the fray.

Reactions: ABC
We gave him the measurements and he was going to build them. Haven't heard since.

Great post, thanks for putting in the research!!

I bought some jack pads, but now I'm questioning my decision on the type. Can those who know tell me if these will actually stay on the car?
Amazon product ASIN B07JBW2NTJ
The review said they came with Allen screws and a key, but the ones I received are one solid piece with no adjustment

Last edited:
Those will not stay in your car premanently...those you turn to get them to hold in the slots and belive me, they WILL fall out if you for get them out after you finish what your doing...been there, done that...got the T-shirt.

I bought some jack pads, but now I'm questioning my decision on the type. Can those who know tell me if these will actually stay on the car?
Amazon product ASIN B07JBW2NTJ
I've got a similar type and my understanding is they are NOT meant to remain on the car, but rather should be installed only when needed. I think they extend too low so it wouldn't be a good idea...plus they might twist off with vibration. You need to get the shorter kind that snaps in or otherwise attaches securely to the undercarriage jack points.

On a related topic does anyone have any experience as to where to safely put jack stands after I jack the car up with a floor jack?

I am not having any luck finding anyone locally that can powder coat the wheels and also remove and dismount them so I will have to remove myself and get dismounted at the dealer or a tire shop.