Highway highest point is more like 3400 ft higher. Like Brian says, frost gone it will be more the temperature for most guys tires. No fun in hockey pucks

When i went through there May long it was way cooler then Jasper.

Current pics there. no snow whatsoever.

64708456_10156113721997007_9173883138747662336_n.jpg

64743780_10156113722007007_1306728020098154496_n.jpg

I will give you guys a current update on the road conditions on Friday. My shortest route to get to Hinton happens to be on the same route we take for our cruise
:canada:. I should reach Saskatchewan crossing around 1 or 2 pm . From there north another 3 hrs and im in Hinton

Reactions: Cariboocreek
I will give you guys a current update on the road conditions on Friday. My shortest route to get to Hinton happens to be on the same route we take for our cruise
:canada:. I should reach Saskatchewan crossing around 1 or 2 pm . From there north another 3 hrs and im in Hinton

OK...

Check the live camera's Friday am before you leave

The safer way to get to Hinton is Sask Crossing, east and North thru Brazeau Dam road but it is not the cleanest road as Wide05 was saying.

Kamloops, Valemount the next but long LOL

B

Not to scare but Jasper is over 6000 feet lower elevation than Columbia Icefield... Gonna be iffy for the PSS and SC2 rubber if the Weather network is close for the icefield elevations max temperature.... It will be a limp along trip for some (me for sure...lol)... This is the forecast for Columbia icefields as of this morning...

Tyson with the black C7 Z06 posted this.

IMG_4420j.jpg

Columbia Icefields now says +5 Saturday and dry.

Should be fine I hope. There is snow falling but highways wet only.

If snow ends today will have 1.5 days for it to clear on highways. highways clear faster then city roads... and it is not as cold as winter.

IMG_4421j.jpg

Highway highest point is more like 3400 ft higher. Like Brian says, frost gone it will be more the temperature for most guys tires. No fun in hockey pucks
I stand corrected... the elevation of 9,843′ I was given appears to be for the Columbia icefields. I guess it's possible the Weather Network's forecast may also be for the Columbia icefields.

Wasn’t to correct you lol. Just saying the temperature more of an issue than snow . It’s still high. I think one of the highest highways in Canada

I stand corrected... the elevation of 9,843′ I was given appears to be for the Columbia icefields. I guess it's possible the Weather Network's forecast may also be for the Columbia icefields.

Wasn’t to correct you lol. Just saying the temperature more of an issue than snow . It’s still high. I think one of the highest highways in Canada
Not to scare but Jasper is over 6000 feet lower elevation than Columbia Icefield... Gonna be iffy for the PSS and SC2 rubber if the Weather network is close for the icefield elevations max temperature.... It will be a limp along trip for some (me for sure...lol)... This is the forecast for Columbia icefields as of this morning...

Tyson with the black C7 Z06 posted this.

View attachment 28254

Columbia Icefields now says +5 Saturday and dry.

Should be fine I hope. There is snow falling but highways wet only.

If snow ends today will have 1.5 days for it to clear on highways. highways clear faster then city roads... and it is not as cold as winter.

View attachment 28255

Brenda and I have decided to forego the run up the Icefields parkway and have withdrawn our reservation in Hinton. We will be leaving Red Deer Saturday morning, meeting another member for lunch along the way and doing some cruising in the mountains at lower elevations and warmer temps before we check into DTR. For those starting at Hinton, enjoy the drive down 93, drive safe and we will see you at DTR Saturday night or maybe meet you on the road somewhere. :Biggrin:

Brenda and I have decided to forego the run up the Icefields parkway and have withdrawn our reservation in Hinton. We will be leaving Red Deer Saturday morning, meeting another member for lunch along the way and doing some cruising in the mountains at lower elevations and warmer temps before we check into DTR. For those starting at Hinton, enjoy the drive down 93, drive safe and we will see you at DTR Saturday night or maybe meet you on the road somewhere. :Biggrin:

Ok, good to know. Would be good to know who the other is so we don't think he is missing.

There is 8-10" at the Icefields.... Paul and I will be watching and discussing.

I think the highway will clear fast but there is more now then they forecasted.

B

Yes... it is not good. Paul Jeff and I will be talking tonight.

Now, the plow did one lane... look at skywalk camera ......... I am still guessing that by tomorrow 6pm it will look completely different on the main highway.

B

all this talk about snow

went to doctor this am and now on meds

we will be taking the wife’s mustang

I am in no condition to drive in mountains

Will chat with the powers that be tonight
jjjjjjjjjeeeeeeeeffffffffyyyyyyyyy

Looking at forecast and they’re expecting snow tomorrow and warming by afternoon. I may not go up 93 and take the xtra couple hrs around, will see what it’s like when I get closer :canada: :canada:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2009CGMZR1
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread