Casual User
Aug 15, 2014
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
2015 c7 Z51
Hi
I have a 2015 Z51 and considering a Z06
How is the manual transmission, is the exhaust much louder.
How about the suspension on bumpy roads.
Is it worth the extra 30 000$

Thanks in advance for your comments

I have the 2015 Z06 and have been in both the StingRay and Z51. I have an 8 speed automatic and would not have had it any other way; it is simply amazing. As for the exhaust, when you switch from Eco or Touring to Sport or Trac...get ready for it. A quick spurt will create a bark that will have eyes turning for miles around. Similarly, when you are accelerating into the higher speeds, the exhaust is simply music. Is it worth the extra $30,000? Absolutely it is, but really when you consider what you are paying for the Z51, there is not really anywhere near 30K difference.

To me the difference between the Z51 and the Z06 isn't left at one or two features, it is the overall package of upgrades to include exterior look and options, performance, interior comfort as well as the ability to configure the Z06 to suit your needs much more than any similar sports car on the road today. Just my opinion...

Compressed Vette.jpg

I have to agree with AllFlash.......it is tough looking at the hard #'s when comparing an apple to an orange. I somehow.....can justify to myself any expense that one seems extravagant.....it annoys my wife to all hell....in the grand scheme of things...we spend too much money and depreciating assets (new vehicles are the worse)...but then again....who cares! Have yet to see the brinks truck following the hearse.............

I made 15000km with my base stingray manual last year.
Today i have 2500km on my zzzzz auto.

My base car was very very comfort, and my z is nice to. I daily drive it and it very pleasant to do.
I really love the manual transmission of my 2014 and i not loving tath much at this time the a8. The fun factor of manual is very exciting and i miss it. It why i have a z07 2016 on order for next spring with 7 speed REV MATCH! But it a personnal taste and you cant make bad descision because it really a fantastic car all around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 12
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.