Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B - Two Day Cruise

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • C - If two Day Cruise - Jasper

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • C - If Two Day Cruise - Banff

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Ya, their cancellation policy sucks. next time we should book Lake Louise..... I think 48 hour cancellation. ( everything was sold out........ still is )

Frick Sept 10th was the first time I got a reservation in Lake Louise......and you can get free cancellation 3 days before for a room fee that is $30-45.00 a night more.

Sept 10th and Sept 24th have 3 rooms for a Sat night........ frick busy busy in these mountains.

OH........

So, does that mean I have to find a wife by then??? 3 Stooges and their wives? The maids were cute two years ago...... will be hoping it is the same still.

:)

We will have fun... we are a good bunch.

Always keep your options open Brian. If you want we can all work at setting you up! That could be a bad thing. Haha.

I have confirmation from friend Mike that he's coming too. New C7 about 500 k on his car. He's looking forward to travelling with us!

Wow, I really wish I could make it, but I have an employee off for the first two weeks in July, and I already approved his vacation time!!! On a side note guys, my wife and I are doing a similar cruise for our 20th anniversary, and will be spending 2 nights in Banff, 1 night in Lake Louise and the last 2 nights in Jasper, so if you guys have any tips for some cool stuff to show the wife, please fill me in. My wife has not been very far from home her entire life, other than travelling with me back when I drove truck, but she didn't really enjoy travelling in a big rig, as we really couldn't maneuver this big of a unit to any site attractions. Anyway, she has never been to Banff, Lake Louise or Jasper so I want to make this cruise as enjoyable as possible.

Wow, I really wish I could make it, but I have an employee off for the first two weeks in July, and I already approved his vacation time!!! On a side note guys, my wife and I are doing a similar cruise for our 20th anniversary, and will be spending 2 nights in Banff, 1 night in Lake Louise and the last 2 nights in Jasper, so if you guys have any tips for some cool stuff to show the wife, please fill me in. My wife has not been very far from home her entire life, other than travelling with me back when I drove truck, but she didn't really enjoy travelling in a big rig, as we really couldn't maneuver this big of a unit to any site attractions. Anyway, she has never been to Banff, Lake Louise or Jasper so I want to make this cruise as enjoyable as possible.

Go to Morraine Lake 15-20 min from Lake Louise, amazing view ( travel companies use many pics ) - get there 9-10 am as parking is hard in the afternoon

there is some falls across from Lake Louise ( a bit towards banff ) on the 1A highway.... Johnson Canyon Falls

Horseback riding at Lake Louise

Skywalk 90 min north of LL and Columbia Ice Fields - same area

Brian

Hey guys, just got back from a 2 day cruise to Radium. 93 so busy wasn't even great fun. First cruise that direction, couple years ago, we introduced the pub at the Crossing. Stopped in there yesterday and pub closed.
Sign on door said open but all staff said closed and not sure when open. Just thought I would mention cuz it's the right distance for lunch and Pilsner. Check with the office there before if that destination is must see on your trip. Also when mentioning gas along your route, remember, price at Crossing, somewhat ridiculous, as well, Ron at David Thompson Resort and Nordegg have no Premium.

Hey guys, just got back from a 2 day cruise to Radium. 93 so busy wasn't even great fun. First cruise that direction, couple years ago, we introduced the pub at the Crossing. Stopped in there yesterday and pub closed.
Sign on door said open but all staff said closed and not sure when open. Just thought I would mention cuz it's the right distance for lunch and Pilsner. Check with the office there before if that destination is must see on your trip. Also when mentioning gas along your route, remember, price at Crossing, somewhat ridiculous, as well, Ron at David Thompson Resort and Nordegg have no Premium.

The pub opens at 5pm M-F so maybe you were just there too early. I think they only open in the afternoon on weekends.

If I bring the ZR1 I will fill with 94 at Petro Can in Red Deer then Rocky and then Husky in Lake Louise.

Garth, are you gonna come on our cruise? Think this is Garth.

Brian

Hey Brian, you are correct we were there for lunch which would be about the same time most cruises get there from Red Deer, Rocky. I understand they are going to open for lunch when it gets busier. Not sure how much busier it could get. Couldn't hardly park in lot or walk in restaurant or store. Lots travelling local because of Can$. Lotsa buses as usual.
Yes going to make every effort to join the cruise. Should be great. We have to review all the previous posts cuz still not sure exactly where u are going and staying. Will keep following and stay in touch.
Garth

great

here is a map Paul did, think we are adding Lake Louise to it.... we have to if I bring my ZR1 as will need a 94 fill for my 93 tune ( but have contemplating putting stock tune back in as annoying in spring and fall to put 91 shell in car and have to drive it half throttle ) Seems like the tune does get me 2/10ths in the quarter mile

July 9/10 Cruise

Sat Red Deer, Rocky, Sask crossing them maybe down to Lake Louise and back, the night as Sask crossing then Sunday am icefields and the clear walk thing then Jasper and Hinton and home.

great

here is a map Paul did, think we are adding Lake Louise to it.... we have to if I bring my ZR1 as will need a 94 fill for my 93 tune ( but have contemplating putting stock tune back in as annoying in spring and fall to put 91 shell in car and have to drive it half throttle ) Seems like the tune does get me 2/10ths in the quarter mile

July 9/10 Cruise

Sat Red Deer, Rocky, Sask crossing them maybe down to Lake Louise and back, the night as Sask crossing then Sunday am icefields and the clear walk thing then Jasper and Hinton and home.
Saturday will be a go and will work on the overnight thing. U gotta put me in touch with your tuner, 2/10s takes me about an extra 100hp in my altered.
Have a great weekend guys.

Saturday will be a go and will work on the overnight thing. U gotta put me in touch with your tuner, 2/10s takes me about an extra 100hp in my altered.
Have a great weekend guys.

It was a mail order from USA. I can't remember the place... ( will try find it ) I had to save my factory tune, email it to them and they go through it and send one 2 days later.

With a good 60 foot ( blew 2-3 shift ) and some of my other runs I had/worked out a 11.57 or so coming at Castrol... so maybe a 11.1 at sea level when the car runs 11.3 sea level factory

Ran a 11.7 and took the better 60 foot launch on another run to do the math

B

Hi Garth! Hopefully you have found the map. Start in Red Deer, The Keg @ Parkland Mall at 8:30am. out to Rocky, should be at suth side Timmies about 9:30am. On from there. Get to Saskatchewan crossing about 1 pm. Book in. Head south to Lake Louise and see sights. Next day to ice fields and jasper head east and turn south on 753 tie in into Sunchild road Check back and you will find map.

Well the weather is not good for the weekend at the moment. Always the optimist I saw we have a few more days left for the weather gods to shine down upon us. Come on sunshine! Room is booked so of weather ugly still heading g out to the crossing for a great day and night in the mountains.

Where do we get gas in Rocky that has premium

Jeff

Rocky Mountain House - Shell should have 91 and Petro has 94 I think. I filled up my ZR in Rocky and got 94 --- Husky in Rocky might have 94 too.

And Lake Louise Husky has 94 ( called and checked ) and maybe 91 too

Yes, put wipers on....... :(

I think next time we should pick two dates in early spring ( mean chose two summer dates in early early spring --- as the hotels get booked up 2 months in advance ) and use Expedia or what ever to book Lake Louise Inn as those have 48 hour cancellations.. then if the first weekend doesn't look good we all cancel 3 days before and hope the second weekend is better.

Everyone was booked when we booked this one so Sask crossing was the last resort but don't like the no cancellation with them.

Some idea's for next year if we do another next year.

hopefully the rain is sparatic this weekend and we get some dry time too.

B

Last edited: