Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B - Two Day Cruise

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • C - If two Day Cruise - Jasper

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • C - If Two Day Cruise - Banff

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
It's not clear in my post from yesterday. We will meet at the Parkland Mall Parking Lot, by the Keg Restaurant in Red Deer. We will leave @ 8:30 am of July 9th.

Sorry guys, I was away in Forestburg for the weekend at the races.

The main card of the UFC fights usually start at 8pm MDT and go to about 10:30. Since it is a huge event, they may start earlier. As far as I am aware, all internet at Saskatchewan Crossing is going to be via satellite which is why internet costs money there, and it is not likely going to stream very well. It will also be quite costly for a pub to put it on for us as they have to pay a fee to show it, and depending on how many people the bar can hold, it would likely cost $800+ for them to put it on. Honestly, if I'm the only person that really wants to watch it, then let's not worry about it. I can always order it when I get home.

sorry to hear that Don. Would love to see those cars out on the road! We will have to do it again. Jeremaid, we will do our best you just never know with a small pub like the one out there. If you don't see it you will have to avoid all social media till you get home!! Jeff you better ask your wife to go, you know "happy wife, happy life". Haha.

Sorry guys, I was away in Forestburg for the weekend at the races.

The main card of the UFC fights usually start at 8pm MDT and go to about 10:30. Since it is a huge event, they may start earlier. As far as I am aware, all internet at Saskatchewan Crossing is going to be via satellite which is why internet costs money there, and it is not likely going to stream very well. It will also be quite costly for a pub to put it on for us as they have to pay a fee to show it, and depending on how many people the bar can hold, it would likely cost $800+ for them to put it on. Honestly, if I'm the only person that really wants to watch it, then let's not worry about it. I can always order it when I get home.

They said that a staff member might have it on in one of the rooms. Said maybe we could join them in the room.

I don't care to watch it but can if we are socializing together. Maybe Jeffer and myself can put on a show too...... bring gloves Jeff! ;)

Too bad Don, the more the merrier.

Anyone want to share a room
, asked a guy with a Z06 and he said he probably can't as he has a family reunion soon after in the USA to attend.

Brian

I just called them... they still have about 4 reg rooms and some other sizes.

She said I could send them an email a week before with all the names booked and they can try put us all close together rooms wise.

Does everyone want rooms in the back where we parked our cars, we can request that but all depends too on what types of rooms each booked she said.

Brian

We may have Perry coming he had the Z06 at the ponoka meet I will pass on your offer Brian

Sorry I have been away for a bit. Alot is going on right now. First of all my wife now has a mandatory store inventory for the 9th of all the dang days. Email was sent down from head office so not her store where we might have some flexibility. It did say they could come in at 2 am to 3 am to get started. Well...she works til 10pm the night before and has no idea if she goes in at that time if she can even be done sometime that morning. Pretty unfair all around and the lack of sleep is going to be hard on her. I don't think I'd do this without her as Jasper has always been THE place we want to go to together as we haven't been there.
Secondly her mother was rushed into the hospital again today after a small stroke a few days ago and has a heart full of bloodclots. Just a hard time right now and with my new immune suppressing treatments starting next month we are a little overwhelmed at the moment. We had our heart set on this trip but all these new unforseen things beyond our control are making it impossible to commit. We will try our hardest but it doesn't look good. Sorry if this messes with any of the plans thus far. Thank you for understanding. Just having a real tough time right now.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife and mother-in-law Tinman. Do what's right for your family and there is always a next time. One year we did two cruises, one jasper and one lake Louise. Keep us posted and if there's anything I can help, let me know.

Reactions: Tinman
Hey Tim. Sorry to hear about the added stress in your world. Maybe we can get together for a day trip or two in later on just to put that smile back on our faces. And I haven't heard that new exhaust yet either. ;) Chin up my friend and our thoughts are with Jessica and her mom as well.

Reactions: Tinman
Thanks everyone. One day at a time. Will pass the sentiment on to the wife as well. And Eric...that would be great. And it does sound like therapy...er ...amazing!

I'm having some difficulty with the logistics of this cruise, and it's not looking good for me either. I only have one family that I can trust to watch my four-year-old for a couple of days and they are busy that weekend. The only option it would leave me would be for my wife to follow us in another car, and I'm having a hard time with the amount of travel time she would have to endure with a child that young. Plus, if Tinman can't make it, it makes it that much harder for me to want to go without him. This was something we wanted to do together.

Well it looks like everyone but brian, jeff and I have bowed out. Jo and I are still good and want to do this. What about you two?