I'm New Here
Nov 26, 2017
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2009 Corvette
Hello all my name is Todd
I have a 2009 Corvette
When I open the door the window comes down slightly as it is supposed to.
Unfortunately when I close the door the window does not go back up.
As a result this is draining my battery.
What can i do to remedy this problem?

Thanks, Todd

When you're in the car and push the window up button will it go up the remainder of the way? If so, then to reset the boundaries I believe all you need to do is hold the 'up' button for about 30 seconds. It will re-learn where the up boundary is.

The above is worth a shot, however, since your battery is dying, my guess is that there is something wrong with the door sensor and the car's computer thinks the door is open when it's closed. Not sure how to fix that.

The widow problem may be a symptom of a battery issue. I know I had the same issue when I disconnected my battery. The widows can be reset as mentioned above. A battery tender is a great way to keep your battery in good shape during storage or when it is not driven regularly.

Just a reminder that if you store your car in an unheated area and keep the battery connected it will discharge, at least in a Corvette. A discharged battery can and will freeze potentially cracking the case. On the C5's there is a lot of expensive equipment sitting right under that battery. If you can take them out store them in a cool place and throw the battery tender on once in a while.

Winter. Sucks.

Good chance its a memory issue. When I disconnect the battery in the Buick and message shows up saying to "Window down, window up and hold"
This should reset it. Also I have always disconnected the battery when in storage. Charge it overnight when its been sitting for more than a month. Never had an issue doing this and have been storing my cars in the winter for over 13 years.

Just a reminder that if you store your car in an unheated area and keep the battery connected it will discharge, at least in a Corvette. A discharged battery can and will freeze potentially cracking the case. On the C5's there is a lot of expensive equipment sitting right under that battery. If you can take them out store them in a cool place and throw the battery tender on once in a while.

Winter. Sucks.
With our 2005 six speed, it needs to be in reverse AND have the emergency brake on. If you don't, an alert on the dash tells me to put it in reverse. I need that reminder often. also, the seat won't go back to the exit position until these two things are done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.