Featured Thread
The power of the car in drive at idle will go over the 2x4 if you let it. I'd rather it hit and stop, but with the clearance I can't go to a 3 inch wall without it hitting the deflector. So we drive up to it and feel it touch and stop the car with the brakes and put it in park etc.
That's smart + a relatively inexpensive solution :)

After a while, with some practice pulling up to parking curbs or whatever, you will be able to judge the distance. When I first started owning corvettes, I use to think I was close enough, would get out and look and still had 4 feet...lol... Now I stop at 1 foot. Have never bumped a curb yet. My man cave is 32 feet deep so no problem in there. Curb Alert makes aftermarket sensors that can be set for distance and beep at you when you get closer than the setting.

The 2LT with all the cameras makes it easy also, but my wife needs it. Ya, that's right, ya. Dat's da ticket!.
I would always just line up my shoulder with a mark on the wall. A stud, window or whatever and I always close the garage standing by the door by the door just to make sure I don't close it on the back of the car.

Reactions: ABC and marcus86
Some of the shopping plazas I frequent in SW Edmonton have the large "speed bumps" that are about 8-10 feet long with nicely angled approaches. Plus some neighbourhoods use the narrow but ++steep "speed bumps" which are especially annoying and cause a big "jolt" when taking them at ANY speed. So for those and the steep driveway at my house, I'm happy to have the front lift. I might be OK with many of them, if slowing right down next to nothing and taking them at a careful angle, but I'd rather rely on the front lift. As with any option, it's all a matter of preference and what you want to spend your hard earned cash on.

My City is rather infamous for potholes, which are especially problematic in the Spring and before the repair crews get to them. I suspect I may program a few of the nicer ones into my GPS this Spring. For example, my office tower landlord has promised he'll fix the potholes in the back alley leading to our parkade, but nothing has happened over the past 4 months so I doubt it'll be done. Time will tell and Spring feels like it'll take "forever" before its arrival, when I keep looking at my parked C8 every day...

Reactions: ABC
I hear you on the pot hole issues around Edmonton @netsinah! I'm a lil north of ya ;)

I was originally looking at some older '06-'09 cars (Gallardo, F430, R8) prior to the C8 release, and have driven them all as well out in B.C., so I'm familiar with what you shared about those bumps and potholes. I'm just stoked to be able to get similar performance for a fraction of the cost and also still be under warranty!

There were some spots where we had to take "longer shaped speed bumps" like you mentioned, but it was just a matter of making sure you approach it the right way on a slight angle. Had a friend stall one of 'em out in the middle of the speed bump, looked like the poor guy high-centered the car, lol, but he was able to recover.

I am going with the sky grey seats again. My wife has white leather in her X3 and we just expect that it has to be cleaned. Your black seats are just as dirty probably even more so because they don't get cleaned as much as light coloured seats. Rapid blue with sky grey seats and blue seatbelts just looks plain sexy!

• Love
Reactions: nKuch and marcus86
I am going with the sky grey seats again. My wife has white leather in her X3 and we just expect that it has to be cleaned. Your black seats are just as dirty probably even more so because they don't get cleaned as much as light coloured seats. Rapid blue with sky grey seats and blue seatbelts just looks plain sexy!
I know. Still, when Cam tried to clean his seats in his video, he said the fudgesicle smudge on the edge in his video did not come out and one can still see it.
Next step: get out the fire hose.

These seats have to be maintained everyday, twice on Sunday.
1606428705408.png

@Rruuff Day - yea, I think it's like anything - once you get over the 'it's brand new' thing and realize it's still 'just a car' and that you've been driving for quite some time it's really not a big deal. 😆
I dunno... I would still be pissed if I got a scratch or banged my splitter on my C7 after 5 plus years... It still looks great and presents as "showroom" at the show and shines...

Reactions: canadiansteelman
These seats have to be maintained everyday, twice on Sunday.
View attachment 74176
Okay simply put that person is a dirt bag lol. Plus who the hell wears jeans in the summer? Shorts for me unless I am going out somewhere and then khakis or some other casual pants. Those seats are just gross. Plus look at the filthy hand in the photo. No wonder the seats look like that.

I know. Still, when Cam tried to clean his seats in his video, he said the fudgesicle smudge on the edge in his video did not come out and one can still see it.
Next step: get out the fire hose
Each to their own but if you clean your seats regularly they are fine. The seats in my wife’s vehicle look great after one year. Plus nobody eats in my sports cars!

I bought a C7 off a guy and i had to spend a considerable time cleaning the red seats. Even then there was still dirt trapped in the perforated leather. Luckily I bought it for a song and dumped it quickly for a profit! Had to have areas repainted because he drove it on gravel. Some people just don’t care.

• Winner
Reactions: marcus86
lol.... Doesn't explain why the seat back is almost as dirty unless he's pulling his pants up to his chest...

View attachment 74178
Actually if you look at the passenger seat you'll see that the sky cool gray seats always look dirty with those holes.

Each to their own but if you clean your seats regularly they are fine. The seats in my wife’s vehicle look great after one year. Plus nobody eats in my sports cars!

I bought a C7 off a guy and i had to spend a considerable time cleaning the red seats. Even then there was still dirt trapped in the perforated leather. Luckily I bought it for a song and dumped it quickly for a profit! Had to have areas repainted because he drove it on gravel. Some people just don’t care.
Yea they are right up there with animal abusers and wife beaters

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread