Featured Thread
Aug 10, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
G87 in transit
Province
ON
We've gotten lots of questions about our white seats over the past few months so we decided to make a video on it. For those not interested in watching the video, there's definitely some wear and darkening on the white GT1 seats after 10 months and 8000km's. All the darker spots managed to come out very easily with some leather cleaning products without much fuss. Overall pretty impressed with the 1LT mulan leather and don't regret getting the white seats!

Here's the full video review -

Nice! I was the dude asking about if you had any major issues by not having the "front lift kit" on the 1LT :)
Pretty sure I'm going to go the 1LT route. Your videos were super insightful
Glad we could help out, I don't find the height of the vehicle problematic. If you don't take speedbumps dead on then you wont have any issues.

• Winner
Reactions: marcus86
Glad we could help out, I don't find the height of the vehicle problematic. If you don't take speedbumps dead on then you wont have any issues.
Yea, for sure! I've driven some exotics in the past and getting into a mid-engine supercar has been a dream since starting my biz years ago. Most of the 'issues' folks have I've already accepted as "it comes with the territory" lol.

We've gotten lots of questions about our white seats over the past few months so we decided to make a video on it. For those not interested in watching the video, there's definitely some wear and darkening on the white GT1 seats after 10 months and 8000km's. All the darker spots managed to come out very easily with some leather cleaning products without much fuss. Overall pretty impressed with the 1LT mulan leather and don't regret getting the white seats!

Here's the full video review -

l have had white and tan seats it does not matter how well you look after them in 5 years they look like s**t. Why do you think any person who owns there ride for the long run goes for black or maybe a dark blue. People who want Bling go for them other colors because they know in 2 years they will move on. Black is a no brainer for forever Vettes that you want to give to your grandsons .

Reactions: nKuch and JVi
Yea, for sure! I've driven some exotics in the past and getting into a mid-engine supercar has been a dream since starting my biz years ago. Most of the 'issues' folks have I've already accepted as "it comes with the territory" lol.
It all depends on your area. I live in the Oak Ridges Moraine (Google it. ;) ) and there are lots of weird and wonderful roads. One place in Mount Albert where out Post Office is has some funky roads with weird off camber paving etc. I scrape in 2 places there. While I don't "need" the front lift, I'm happy for it.
If your location in Alberta is mostly flat then, ya, you likely don't need it.

Murray, I was extremely bored so I Googled "Oak Ridges Moraine". Nice Post Office...
I scrape right here. ;)

1606402958576.png

• Wow
Reactions: marcus86
l have had white and tan seats it does not matter how well you look after them in 5 years they look like s**t. Why do you think any person who owns there ride for the long run goes for black or maybe a dark blue. People who want Bling go for them other colors because they know in 2 years they will move on. Black is a no brainer for forever Vettes that you want to give to your grandsons .
I went black at the last moment before getting locked in at 2000 ... the build was sky grey until I saw the video and the dirt and grime on the seats, especially that fudge mark on the edge (you're supposed to eat a fudgesicle and not put it in your back pocket for later).

It all depends on your area. I live in the Oak Ridges Moraine (Google it. ;) ) and there are lots of weird and wonderful roads. One place in Mount Albert where out Post Office is has some funky roads with weird off camber paving etc. I scrape in 2 places there. While I don't "need" the front lift, I'm happy for it.
If your location in Alberta is mostly flat then, ya, you likely don't need it.
Thanks for sharing Murray! Gotta love uneven paved roads. Not so bad where I live :)

I'm fairly confident it won't be that big of an an issue. Got a little curious and Google searched the ground clearance of the C8 compared to what I currently drive only to find my Subaru BRZ sits lower at 4.9inches vs the 5.3inches listed on C8. Haven't scraped it on any speed bumps or anything, just one of those concrete block things in front of a store and only once. Once was enough to make me paranoid about pulling forward too much lol.

Was also messaging with @violinfather and he didn't have much issue with it in his 2020 C8 around the same town I'm in either.

Thanks for sharing Murray! Gotta love uneven paved roads. Not so bad where I live :)

I'm fairly confident it won't be that big of an an issue. Got a little curious and Google searched the ground clearance of the C8 compared to what I currently drive only to find my Subaru BRZ sits lower at 4.9inches vs the 5.3inches listed on C8. Haven't scraped it on any speed bumps or anything, just one of those concrete block things in front of a store and only once. Once was enough to make me paranoid about pulling forward too much lol.

Was also messaging with @violinfather and he didn't have much issue with it in his 2020 C8 around the same town I'm in either.
Google is your friend sometimes. lol. The ground clearance of the front deflector is less than 3.5 inches. I put a 2x4 in the garage so we know where to stop and the car can roll over it so I tried using a 4x4 (3.5x3.5) instead and the deflector hits it before the front wheels. SO then I tried 2 2x4's (1.5+1.5=3) and it still hits. And ours is NOT a Z51.

Google is your friend sometimes. lol. The ground clearance of the front deflector is less than 3.5 inches. I put a 2x4 in the garage so we know where to stop and the car can roll over it so I tried using a 4x4 (3.5x3.5) instead and the deflector hits it before the front wheels. SO then I tried 2 2x4's (1.5+1.5=3) and it still hits. And ours is NOT a Z51.
that's smart, actually. so you drive up til your front wheels hit it and that's the 'getting close' or you roll over it?

that's smart, actually. so you drive up til your front wheels hit it and that's the 'getting close' or you roll over it?
The power of the car in drive at idle will go over the 2x4 if you let it. I'd rather it hit and stop, but with the clearance I can't go to a 3 inch wall without it hitting the deflector. So we drive up to it and feel it touch and stop the car with the brakes and put it in park etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread