This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

1980 Corvette rebuild

Very Good! Nice that you are down to the final details to have it finally buttoned up! Hopefully next summer is drier and we can all have the cars out more!

ok its done lol. Got the tranny leak fixed tonight, got the carb working where it needs to be, and all the leaks are fixed. One issue left is the fuel is boiling in the carb. I have to pull the intake to change the gaskets to a propane style with a steel heat riser block off. that should cool the intake enough. I may also move the fuel line to the side of the engine. Was a nice cool night tonight, and the car ran like a champ.Its a blast to toss it around corners at speed. Now i just need to go through it again and finess all the rough spots.

Awesome. Never knew fuel would boil in the bowls. How did you know this? Just asking as I have a carburetor car and never checked for this.

Congrats on completing the car!!!

It was a nice warm day today, 21c which is about 74 F. The car ran great, one little problem which i took care of. The E brake clip was clipping the wheel weight on the inside of the tire? it dug a pretty good hole in it, but i moved the clip and will see what happens. here are some pictures of the day in the park.

i'm not sure they will "settle" but i think the car looks great... maybe a LITTLE lower in the front but that's probably protecting you from dragging the front chin all around town!!

car looks awesome. guys like you that can even imagine starting a project like that amaze me. i have been putting off replacing a power door lock switch in my 87 for a month cause i am nervous about taking the door panel off. lol.