iOS Image - 3982177667.jpg
iOS Image - 1568994526.jpg
iOS Image - 2320699729.jpg
iOS Image - 286063007.jpg

Not much action lately in the Everson Garage!
Got rid of the old 66 seat and installed a 1990 Silverado seat. Think it fits good👍. Cleaned up, and started to install the old body parts. I need a radiator, fuel system, driveshaft, exhaust, and power brakes. With all this covid-19 stuff going on, I might just take a break on the C10. I was hopping to have it on the road soon, but it is hard to get any parts, and doesn’t help with the cdn dollar being low. Keeping my eye on kijiji though 🤣.

View attachment 39125View attachment 39126View attachment 39127View attachment 39128
Not much action lately in the Everson Garage!
Got rid of the old 66 seat and installed a 1990 Silverado seat. Think it fits good👍. Cleaned up, and started to install the old body parts. I need a radiator, fuel system, driveshaft, exhaust, and power brakes. With all this covid-19 stuff going on, I might just take a break on the C10. I was hopping to have it on the road soon, but it is hard to get any parts, and doesn’t help with the cdn dollar being low. Keeping my eye on kijiji though 🤣.

We're very patient here Dalen.... :thumbs:

View attachment 39507View attachment 39508View attachment 39509View attachment 39510View attachment 39511View attachment 39512 I figured I should open up the air cleaner a little more. Thinking this 5.3L requires more air then the 1975 350ci that this air cleaner came off of. The original opening was only 2”, think I accomplished something like 20x more than that....🤣.

Taking NA to the next level. :thumbs: ... Use to flip the breather cover in my dad's Polaris for the sound when I got to take it out as a kid.... Caught hell when I forgot to flip it back over. If I'd only known about this back then.... Lol....

Reactions: AlbertaZ06
First I see of your project, talk about fun! I love those 60s and 70s C10s. To this day, 2 things I remember about the Lassie TV show in the 60s when I was a boy, that beautiful collie, and a cool 61 C10 with side bars!
Nothing better to keep you busy in these times. That's really nice work you are doing.
Cheers, Luke

First I see of your project, talk about fun! I love those 60s and 70s C10s. To this day, 2 things I remember about the Lassie TV show in the 60s when I was a boy, that beautiful collie, and a cool 61 C10 with side bars!
Nothing better to keep you busy in these times. That's really nice work you are doing.
Cheers, Luke

If you enjoy Dalen's rebuild thread, you might want to check out his C4 LSX turbo builds.

iOS Image - 1598885198.jpg
iOS Image - 517232180.jpg
iOS Image - 1941117080.jpg

So the doors off this truck are not original. They were brown and installed and painted on this truck some time in the 80’s when the truck was restored. They never painted the inside of the doors, and it always drove me nuts!! I painted them the original factory blue of the truck. Going to spray the door panels and inside of cab a dark grey my wife picked. The direction I’m going with on this project, is new inside, new under the hood and leaving the body patina

iOS Image - 3673660756.jpg
iOS Image - 4117155077.jpg
iOS Image - 2144847072.jpg
iOS Image - 2826722338.jpg

I think the colour is perfect 👌!! I wasn’t sure at first, thought it look like primer, but my wife has a good taste in colour ! It’s not perfect by no means, I didn’t weld up any screw holes, blemishes in the paint, and should have spent some more time sanding.But it’s a huge improvement and cleaned up the inside 👍

I think we are all guilty of that Dalen. So another resto in the future?
There a few parts I could use off it. But it’s in rough shape!!
I have 3 boys that are already hanging around in the garage... maybe one of them will take it on as a project 🤣, but not me..... I have enough things on the go! I’m still planning the C5 turbo build, and looking for a smaller car to do a electric swap in

iOS Image - 4181334339.jpg
iOS Image - 3281144589.jpg
iOS Image - 2627526008.jpg
iOS Image - 3128503549.jpg
iOS Image - 3954269399.jpg

New suspension parts should be here soon! Busting everything loose on a 54 year old truck seems to be a challenge 😳. Installing new bushings, brakes, 3” lowering springs in the rear, and 2 1/2” drop spindles in the front. The underside of the hood is ready for paint!! Keeping the outside patina, and rebuilding everything else 😎😎. My favorite part of long weekends... late night wrenching 🔧😜

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.