Elf

Power User
Feb 28, 2011
North of Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2008m vert
I bought my 08 vert (new) for the very good price of $42000 ,MSRP was like $68,000.I figured that I could drive it for two years and sell it for $42,000 and buy 2010 or 11 without much invested .Great theory that didn't quite work out .The great recession came along and I couldn't sell it for $1000 and a six pack of beer . I've set the price at $30,000 absolutely firm and I have my first good potential buyer in 5 years .

Not to get ahead of myself but now what ?The car is sold ,don't want another C6 ,don't want the first year of C7 .So that would give me an empty garage till 2015 .:eek:

I hate to not to sell it to the guy but I've had an empty garage before and it's not good as a matter of fact it sucks .I could buy a cheap filler car like a BMW Z3 and sell it when the time comes or even a C4 .

I just don't know .

Or even a C4...that hurts my friend .

If your deal does fall through, I have a six pack here (Canadian beer) and could find a grand someplace !
Oh I love C4 's.The market is real soft here and I don't think people realize what a great car they really are .There are a fair amount to choose from under $10,000 if I drove it for a couple years I could get most of my money back .If nothing else I'd have a couple Vettes .Same is true with the BMW z3's .

I just don't want to ride on up to have a beer with ya Brian on my Vesper :D

How about a Blue '67 -- 327-300 hp. Looks and sounds like a heck of a car.
Wow, a dream car back in the day wasn't it -- and to some it still is ....

At that age one could say the purchase would be an investment as well as a lot of fun.

Wish I had an empty spot in the garage ..........

http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/vehicles-sale-wanted/3855-1967-coupe.html

......and no I don't want any "finder's fee" or anything at all --- but I think it's an opportunity to buy a heck of a good car from a very diligent owner.

C.

I would rather have an empty back account than an empty garage.:D
(Didn't mean this comment to reflect on your situation in any way, just for myself)

Good luck on the sale! C5 are scrapping the bottom of the barrel for prices and are decent cars too.

what about a Honda S2000 ? Stopped making them in either '08 or '09.

Lot of go, although torque isn't great. But nimble and speedy, max ~ 140mph !!
I had one for ~ 20 months. Great cars, but completely different to a 'vette.

The more I think about sport cars....the trick is to find the make that you enjoy;
and stop comparing this make against that make. All of them are pretty good, but
which one really speaks to you !!

Tony,
welland

Well over here I can get a free scooter under Medacare .The reason I would consider a Z3 is that it is a "Chick car".My wife thinks there cute and likes red .There cheap to buy and I know she'd latch on to the sucker.This all clears the way for the C7.

Women are strange critters and ya have to keep there eyes off the real target .:D

Well over here I can get a free scooter under Medacare .The reason I would consider a Z3 is that it is a "Chick car".My wife thinks there cute and likes red .There cheap to buy and I know she'd latch on to the sucker.This all clears the way for the C7.

Women are strange critters and ya have to keep there eyes off the real target .:D

A 2nd hidden agenda is a whole new ballgame...if it clears the way for the C7, then a little ridicule maybe tolerable in small bursts.......

There are such wild cars Wayne....... and yeah what a blast that would be.....'chick car' notwithstanding.....:D

Nice post count Wayne -- befitting perhaps? -- and here I thought you had a holo over your head.... :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.