Feb 12, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
2023 1lt stingray
Province
AB
Hi, everybody, I just won last night during Super Bowl. The kinsmen raffle for their Corvette. I currently drive a 2015 Camaro SS that I built up as a track car naturally. Aspirated with a cam we only have a single car garage. I'm looking at my options to keep it or?. This car cannot be sold in the States for a set amount of kilometers and time. But I can sell it in Canada or take sticker price. Dreaming of the new E-ray if I sold both and added$$$

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Hi, everybody, I just won last night during Super Bowl. The kinsmen raffle for their Corvette. I currently drive a 2015 Camaro SS that I built up as a track car naturally. Aspirated with a cam we only have a single car garage. I'm looking at my options to keep it or?. This car cannot be sold in the States for a set amount of kilometers and time. But I can sell it in Canada or take sticker price. Dreaming of the new E-ray if I sold both and added$$$
Wowsers. Great win. Not sure of the rules about selling a car that you won but good luck. You might want to post this in the C8 section of the forum as we have some guys in the C8 know who may be able to offer some advice. And welcome to the forum.

Hi Bretts

Congrats on the windfall!

You mention in your post you can take sticker price from the Kinsmen Raffle - that win should be tax free. Talk to your accountant or ask the Kinsmen for their accounting firm and double check with them. If you can get the cash tax free - then do what you wish!

If you cannot - see what a dealer will give you on a trade towards an eRay - hopefully GM Canada will transfer the warranty.

Keep us posted !

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Hi Bretts

Congrats on the windfall!

You mention in your post you can take sticker price from the Kinsmen Raffle - that win should be tax free. Talk to your accountant or ask the Kinsmen for their accounting firm and double check with them. If you can get the cash tax free - then do what you wish!

If you cannot - see what a dealer will give you on a trade towards an eRay - hopefully GM Canada will transfer the warranty.

Keep us posted !
Yes take 83650 Canadian or car pay registration and insurance

After some serious thought on it, I am taking car and a few dealer add ons , my Camaro is near same wieght as the Eray all be it rear wheel hp ,but think I want the lightness 1lt will bring for a different experience

Reactions: 1st Vette
After some serious thought on it, I am taking car and a few dealer add ons , my Camaro is near same wieght as the Eray all be it rear wheel hp ,but think I want the lightness 1lt will bring for a different experience
Seeing how the car is basically free you should be able to afford the seemingly highly controversial PPF albeit that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make the decision based on your own personal opinion. :Pistolsmiley:

Reactions: Bretts
Yes did all the usual places including door pillars top of windshield in expel this time 3m looking pretty worn on 2015, high wing from dealer so they can still the holes and the ground effects kit and mud flaps from dealer were cheap enough and hopefully ok looking

Reactions: 1st Vette