Carbon fiber trim can be removed with the wheel installed. Lift the bottom of the aluminum steering bezel for clearance. Z06 foil based decal is under the clear coat. Sand with 180gr to remove...finish with 400gr, then satin clear coat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol.. Just called my dealer for a price quote on the wheel... He was saying $629 for the wheel is what the catalogue was saying. Crazy!!!

Your dealer is quoting full pop retail, no discount. If you bought your car there go see your sales person and ask him to get you a deal on it. He should be able to swing 20% off retail no problem for you. Maybe even 25% off.
Even our local sponsoring dealer gives our club 10% off everything. I can do better at the dealer I prefer to deal with though...

Sell it, then order the correct wheel.

I'm going to keep it. Kind of like the + and - . I was able to sand off the z06 symbol and clearcoat. looks good.

The problem is the steering wheel bolt. I tried the T50 with the ratchet and an impact gun. The bolt will not move at all.:confused:::(

I don't want to chance stripping the bolt. Any ideas would be welcome, other then taking it to the dealer, which is my last recourse.

I'm going to keep it. Kind of like the + and - . I was able to sand off the z06 symbol and clearcoat. looks good.

The problem is the steering wheel bolt. I tried the T50 with the ratchet and an impact gun. The bolt will not move at all.:confused:::(

I don't want to chance stripping the bolt. Any ideas would be welcome, other then taking it to the dealer, which is my last recourse.

Let your wife try. I'm sure she could get it for you after you "loosened it" for her.

Oh boy!! Thanks for the advise. I'm sure if I get her mad enough she'll tear the steering wheel out.:D

Now does anyone really have some advise that I can actually use??

Sold my stock wheel for $175...net cost on the Z06 wheel was $150. It's got a great feel & a sweet look...@ 6'3" easier to get in/out of the car with the flat bottom wheel. One of the best mods I've done.

Last edited by a moderator:
The z06 comes off quite easy. I still don't have my wheel on because I can't loosen the bolt. Waiting for some decent weather and going to the dealer with this.:(

Installed the MGW shifter this weekend, Can't wait to drive the car.:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.