Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took a look at the Chevrolet.ca build and price for 2023 Z06. My build HTC 3LZ with Rapid blue paint was $156,192 and is now $163,412

The price went up by $7,220 x 20% lux tax = $8,664 x 13% tax = $9,790.32

Total price: $163,412 + $2000 Excise tax (Green Levy) = 165,412 + $13,082.40 Lux tax = 178,494.40 x 13% HST = $201,698.67
It will probably be up another 10K before it arrives on your driveway. 😂 lol

The increase on 911's is eye watering, so not at all surprised by this. The Z06 is still a 'bargain' based on what you are getting. Having said that, it's getting silly this car game--someone has to blink. Price elasticity is a real thing at some point for just about every product on the globe.

The increase on 911's is eye watering, so not at all surprised by this. The Z06 is still a 'bargain' based on what you are getting. Having said that, it's getting silly this car game--someone has to blink. Price elasticity is a real thing at some point for just about every product on the globe.
911 Carrera S has increased $25k since 2021

Reactions: lupo
I just took a look at the Chevrolet.ca build and price for 2023 Z06. My build HTC 3LZ with Rapid blue paint was $156,192 and is now $163,412

The price went up by $7,220 x 20% lux tax = $8,664 x 13% tax = $9,790.32

Total price: $163,412 + $2000 Excise tax (Green Levy) = 165,412 + $13,082.40 Lux tax = 178,494.40 x 13% HST = $201,698.67
Denis, can you check again. I just checked on two of my computers and got the same as when I built my car after the $1200 OnStar increase. I got exactly the same on my 3LZ Coupe at $175,587 as I did on December 17th. All options were exactly the same price with no pricing available for the reinstated Engine Appearance Package.
Then I built your car incognito on the chevrolet.ca build and price and got your $156,192 price that includes $2295 freight, $100 air tax and $699 dealer fee. I haven't read anything about a price increase lately for our Z06's!

911 Carrera S has increased $25k since 2021

As a former 911 owner (Carrera 4, 4S, T and GT3), I don't feel 911s add value over what is available in the market for similar pricing. Its unfortunate as a few friends have become disenfranchised with the brand and no longer willing to pay the Porsche tax or play silly games anymore.

As a former 911 owner (Carrera 4, 4S, T and GT3), I don't feel 911s add value over what is available in the market for similar pricing. It’s unfortunate as a few friends have become disenfranchised with the brand and no longer willing to pay the Porsche tax or play silly games anymore.
Yes, I know those games.

My interest is simply due to the smaller package, better visibility, less weight and manual option.

Hoping to get Z06, but it’s similar to being on a GT3 wait list.

Last edited:
Reactions: CamsC8
A

Yes, I know those games.

My interest is simply due to the smaller package, better visibility, less weight and manual option.

Hoping to get Z06, but it’s similar to being on a GT3 wait list.
Haha...yeah similar but so different too. At least we didn't have to buy a Panamera, Macan and Cayenne to get a Z06!

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
Denis, can you check again. I just checked on two of my computers and got the same as when I built my car after the $1200 OnStar increase. I got exactly the same on my 3LZ Coupe at $175,587 as I did on December 17th. All options were exactly the same price with no pricing available for the reinstated Engine Appearance Package.
Then I built your car incognito on the chevrolet.ca build and price and got your $156,192 price that includes $2295 freight, $100 air tax and $699 dealer fee. I haven't read anything about a price increase lately for our Z06's!
hey, so I opened up the configurator on my MacBook and it showed the old price, then opened up configurator on my iMac and it showed the new price. Went line by line and discovered that the iMac configurator selected bunch of options that I didn't choose. Maybe a glitch or maybe I screwed up. Sorry for the confusion.

hey, so I opened up the configurator on my MacBook and it showed the old price, then opened up configurator on my iMac and it showed the new price. Went line by line and discovered that the iMac configurator selected bunch of options that I didn't choose. Maybe a glitch or maybe I screwed up. Sorry for the confusion.
No, it's MacTypical! :p

Reactions: DenisC8
You scared me with that post! When I built your car I was surprised to see you had selected NO Options? Maybe your computer was sending you a message??:)

Murray, I was going to say cheap bastard :D lol, but Denis has a point, the Z06 is really getting up there
and although I have my deposit and order in before the luxury tax, the system wouldn't accept an order
to protect those of us who tried to order one in 2021. I spent a bunch of time on the configurator trying to cut a
pile of options to bring it from 200k down to 175k on a coupe.
Is our group planning an Ontario get together this summer somewhere in the GTA or Niagara region. I'm originally
from Thornhill and Murray your Uxbridge I think you said. Denis where do you hang your hat?

Murray, I was going to say cheap bastard :D lol, but Denis has a point, the Z06 is really getting up there
and although I have my deposit and order in before the luxury tax, the system wouldn't accept an order
to protect those of us who tried to order one in 2021. I spent a bunch of time on the configurator trying to cut a
Is our group planning an Ontario get together this summer somewhere in the GTA or Niagara region. I'm originally
from Thornhill and Murray your Uxbridge I think you said. Denis where do you hang your hat?
Denis has regular cruises in the niagara region. I host a Car-B-Q every year the second weekend in August.

Reactions: DenisC8
I am in Niagara, my 1st corvette cruise of 2023 is May 6 (check out the event section of the forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread