Status
Not open for further replies.
The Silver Z06 @ Duecks is the owners car and the MSRP is $163,483.00 I've seen the build sheet.

MSRP 163,483.00
MISC DEALER FEES 1,000.00
LUXURY TAX 12,896.60
20% PST 35,475.92
GST 8,868.98
TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE 221,724.50 IN BC

As far as I am aware the car was ordered for the owner of Dueck On Marine. It will be for sale at some point but not right now, I don't know where these rumors come from. I will try to get the facts from the horses mouth on Saturday.

MSRP 163,483.00
MISC DEALER FEES 1,000.00
LUXURY TAX 12,896.60
20% PST 35,475.92
GST 8,868.98
TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE 221,724.50 IN BC

As far as I am aware the car was ordered for the owner of Dueck On Marine. It will be for sale at some point but not right now, I don't know where these rumors come from. I will try to get the facts from the horses mouth on Saturday.
you forgot the $3000 federal green levy (gas guzzler tax)

I thought that was a US only thing if I'm not mistaken our gas levy is already included in the window sticker. Either way you are splitting hairs add another 5k to the total if you want.

So, I was close at $170K. Then taxes to $222K? Yikes. Got to love living in a far left province?
IMO the luxury tax is an unnecessary money grab, however you can't fight the system. If you want the car you have to pay the price.

Yep, and I thought I paid a lot of tax on mine? Well, I did. Thankfully I had a trade-in - my C7 - got good value from it.

@2020C8#49 can you share with the group if you had to pay Canadian green levy of $3000, if it was included in the price or on top of it and if you had to pay tax on it?
No gas levy on my Z06. I didn't even know it existed? My car came in a $171,768.00. The tire and AMVIC fee which was $26.25. I also bought the extended warranty for $3.404.00. With a dealer handling fee of $699.00. I gave the dealership my 2020 C8 last fall when I told I will be receiving a Z06. The GST difference was $2944.86. I paid the difference between the cars in cash and drove my Z06 home. I'll double check but I'm looking at my bill of sale right now.

Reactions: gone and RD-1
  • Informative
Reactions: 12cents
That is interesting. I didn’t have my window sticker from the car when it was delivered. All the Canadian cars window stickers were blank. I do recall looking at invoice with the total price of my car plus the delivery and a handing fee. I’m going to have to ask.
Be careful what you wish for...you may want to remain "conveniently ill-informed" and say nothing, rather than have your dealership correct itself and hit you up for yet another tax (???). I think we start a "shhhhssss" movement, where we all avoid the topic, in case there IS any such tax. (lol)

Still, nothing I've heard of and I wonder if this is a "thing" in Ontario, rather than a Federal tax.

That is interesting. I didn’t have my window sticker from the car when it was delivered. All the Canadian cars window stickers were blank. I do recall looking at invoice with the total price of my car plus the delivery and a handing fee. I’m going to have to ask.
I agree with netsinah, up to this point the dealers have been missing it because they haven't been told. Don't ask anyone, the luxury tax is already a big enough PITA to deal with!! For us that are still waiting we don't want any more taxes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread