Status
Not open for further replies.
A Stingray is a C8. Do you mean that the Z06 fixes the looks that you’re not a fan of? They look very similar if you ask me. The Z06 is a bit wider, central exhaust, and a bit of change in the side door trim. Do those little things change it from “not a fan” to “fixes most of that”? You are definitely more discerning than I!

To see how different the C8 Stingray is compared to the Z06, you really need to see them next to each other. I was surprised at how that extra 3.5” ++ changes the looks, along with some other styling changes. Having said that, to “John Q Public” w/o knowing either one, they’ll likely think them the same once they’re out roaming together in the wild, until they hear the exhaust symphony of the Z06, that is.

Agreed. I know some dealers are only charging 1-2k deposit. For such a rare and in demand car, Charging a 5-10k deposit would be reasonable and removes most of the speculative buyers, right now it only costs 5K for them to be on 3-4 lists.
I doubt it matters in the grand scheme of things. If you are on 4 lists you will still only buy 1 car and remove yourself (or through attrition be removed) from the other lists. The only thing it does is confuse people on their own list.

I doubt it matters in the grand scheme of things. If you are on 4 lists you will still only buy 1 car and remove yourself (or through attrition be removed) from the other lists. The only thing it does is confuse people on their own list.
I’m in disagreement, I believe there are a lot more flippers than we think, considering the luxury car market in the past two years.

Agreed. I know some dealers are only charging 1-2k deposit. For such a rare and in demand car, Charging a 5-10k deposit would be reasonable and removes most of the speculative buyers, right now it only costs 5K for them to be on 3-4 lists.
I doubt raising the deposit will do anything to the speculators unless it’s nonrefundable. These guys know they can sell the car, and the higher deposit will do nothing to that reality The regular folks who just want a car for themselves, however, will probably not put up several $10K deposits at several dealers.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
I on Spencer's list and will stay on it for now. Interesting thing my brother told me as he is ordering a Porsche 911. He put a deposit down before April, 2021 and was told he will not have to pay the luxury tax as he has proof of deposit before that date. Not sure if this is true or has been discussed on this site?

I on Spencer's list and will stay on it for now. Interesting thing my brother told me as he is ordering a Porsche 911. He put a deposit down before April, 2021 and was told he will not have to pay the luxury tax as he has proof of deposit before that date. Not sure if this is true or has been discussed on this site?
Sorry, I had my dates wrong. Meant April 2022.

Sorry, I had my dates wrong. Meant April 2022.
I think the lux tax waiver is only for deposits put down by Dec 31,2021. Also needed to be accompanied by a signed completed price list with options. Pretty much indicating your order has to be firm and in the system before 2022. My friend placed deposits on 911 and Range Rover last year, got confirmation he won’t pay lux tax on both cars. However I doubt this would happen with the Z06 since no orders could be put into system in 2021.

It's not based on a deposit date, it's based on a delivery date. The luxury tax is automatically charged to the dealership as soon as the car enters the country I read in a CRA article. Any car delivered after Sept 1/22 is subject to it over 100K.

Last edited:
"The luxury tax will not apply to the sale of a subject vehicle priced above the price threshold where a purchaser and a vendor have entered into a written agreement for the sale of the subject vehicle before 2022".
From the Canada.ca website

Reactions: Murray20c8
Hypothetically, let's just say that every Z06 buyer in North America is on 2 dealers lists. If GM asked dealers for these "rough" numbers they
would have been double the actual demand. If I was led to believe my demand was double what it actually was, I would be raising pricing significantly.
Hmmm, just what GM did.
There is a good possibility people who went on multiple lists helped determine the huge Z06 price increase.

Hypothetically, let's just say that every Z06 buyer in North America is on 2 dealers lists. If GM asked dealers for these "rough" numbers they
would have been double the actual demand. If I was led to believe my demand was double what it actually was, I would be raising pricing significantly.
Hmmm, just what GM did.
There is a good possibility people who went on multiple lists helped determine the huge Z06 price increase.
Except I'm sure GM knows exactly what's going on as do most dealers.

• Agree
Reactions: Blu427
Official List Update: Canadian Build and Price is now live, and prices are higher than some of us thought.

Has anyone changed their mind yet? has anyone's order been accepted or status changed?

@2020C8#49 - Shipped (status 4200)- Carters in Alberta
@Gilles27 - Order placed (status 1100)- Butler Chevrolet
@C7Z51Prochrgd - Order placed (status 1100)- Dennis Searles Chevrolet
@Skyler - Order placed (status 1100)- Surgenor Ottawa
@61ratvette - Order placed (status 1100)

@DenisC8 - on the list- staying on the list- Brian Cullen
@SebringC8 - on the list- staying on the list- Wilson Niblett
@69L89 - on the list- staying on the list-CMP Calgary
@nialll - on the list- staying on the list- Bill Spencer
@black2010gs - on the list- staying on the list- Wilson Niblett
@PistolPetesC8 - on the list- staying on the list - Wilson Niblett
@DanW - on the list- staying on the list- SMP (Saskatoon)
@Red Devil - on the list- staying on the list- Wilson Niblett
@CamsC8 - on the list - Bill Spencer
@JCWP - on the list- Kelowna, Dave Wheaton Victoria, and Dueck Vancouver

@JohnP - on the list- staying on the list
@D1J - on the list- staying on the list
@butsy - on the list- staying on the list
@JoeyBats - on the list- staying on the list
@ZOHSLICK - on the list- staying on the list
@Psyclist - on the list- staying on the list
@Midengine - on the list- staying on the list
@Mr.Corvette - on the list- staying on the list
@dssking - on the list- staying on the list