Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sticking with the E-Ray as its the daily driver I want so you can change my status to E-Ray. Although I'm yet to get my deposit back from Bill Spencer but I'll keep it there just in case...
Keep your deposit at Spencer. They have only one list for nonStingray cars: ie all Z06, ERay, Zora etc and are going down the list as cars become available with people giving up Z06 allocation if wanting an ERay but not losing their place in line.

Official List Update: Canadian Build and Price is now live, and prices are higher than some of us thought.
Official List Update: Canadian Build and Price is now live, and prices are about $2000 more than we thought. Has anyone changed their mind yet?

Has anyone changed their mind yet? has anyones' order been accepted or status changed?

2020C8#49- order accepted (status 3400)- Carters in Alberta
Gilles27- order placed (status 1100)- Butler Chevrolet
C7Z51Prochrgd- order placed (status 1100)- Dennis Searles Chevrolet
61ratvette- order placed (status 1100)

@DenisC8 - on the list- staying on the list- Brian Cullen
@SebringC8 - on the list- staying on the list- Wilson Niblett
@69L89 - on the list- staying on the list-CMP Calgary
@nialll - on the list- staying on the list- Bill Spencer
@black2010gs - on the list- staying on the list- Wilson Niblett
@PistolPetesC8 - on the list- staying on the list - Wilson Niblett
@CamsC8 - on the list- will stay on the list- Bill Spencer
@JCWP - on the list- will stay on the list- Kelowna, Dave Wheaton Victoria, and Dueck Vancouver
@DanW - on the list- staying on the list- SMP (Saskatoon)
@Red Devil - on the list- staying on the list- Wilson Niblett
@JohnP - on the list- staying on the list
@D1J - on the list- staying on the list
@butsy - on the list- staying on the list
@JoeyBats - on the list- staying on the list
@ZOHSLICK - on the list- staying on the list
@Psyclist - on the list- staying on the list
@Midengine - on the list- staying on the list
@Mr.Corvette - on the list- staying on the list
@dssking - on the list- staying on the list
@ejscorvette - on the list- staying on the list
@Sparro - on the list- staying on the list
@BYBY4RE - on the list- will stay on the list
Denis, I was on the configurator last night. Where is the 2K price difference? I am still planning on Z06, E-Ray and ZR1, and have deposits on each, but who knows what will happen. I have great placements for the Z06 and ZR1 but so so for the E-Ray which I am hoping will give me a good long chance to enjoy the Z06. I am still waiting for the next Z06 allocation at my dealer.

It’s been a long road, and it always is! Not that it means much of course, but I’m Order Accepted (1100) with the great folks @Surgenor in Ottawa.
Skyler, are you saying Surgenor in Ottawa got an allocation recently and they gave you that allocation?

Reactions: Skyler
Official List Update: Canadian Build and Price is now live, and prices are higher than some of us thought.

Has anyone changed their mind yet? has anyones' order been accepted or status changed?

@2020C8#49 - Produced (status 3800)- Carters in Alberta
@Gilles27 - Order placed (status 1100)- Butler Chevrolet
@C7Z51Prochrgd - Order placed (status 1100)- Dennis Searles Chevrolet
@Skyler - Order placed (status 1100)- Surgenor Ottawa
@61ratvette - Order placed (status 1100)

@DenisC8 - on the list- staying on the list- Brian Cullen
@SebringC8 - on the list- staying on the list- Wilson Niblett
@69L89 - on the list- staying on the list-CMP Calgary
@nialll - on the list- staying on the list- Bill Spencer
@black2010gs - on the list- staying on the list- Wilson Niblett
@PistolPetesC8 - on the list- staying on the list - Wilson Niblett
@DanW - on the list- staying on the list- SMP (Saskatoon)
@Red Devil - on the list- staying on the list- Wilson Niblett
@JohnP - on the list- staying on the list
@D1J - on the list- staying on the list
@butsy - on the list- staying on the list
@JoeyBats - on the list- staying on the list
@ZOHSLICK - on the list- staying on the list
@Psyclist - on the list- staying on the list
@Midengine - on the list- staying on the list
@Mr.Corvette - on the list- staying on the list
@dssking - on the list- staying on the list
@ejscorvette - on the list- staying on the list
@Sparro - on the list- staying on the list
@BYBY4RE - on the list- will stay on the list

@CamsC8 - on the list- switched to E-Ray - Bill Spencer
@JCWP - on the list- switched to E-Ray- Kelowna, Dave Wheaton Victoria, and Dueck Vancouver

@harshadt I was told by Andrew Spencer about a year and a half ago that they won't get any eray because they're not an authorized hybrid/electric dealership. Has this changed?
Good question. I got on the list last November (2021) and was told by Sean Lawlor that I could get on the ERay list, but it was all just one list for nonStingrays.
Seems very strange for a dealership nowadays not to be a hybrid authorized dealer. Maybe that has changed since your inquiry? I haven't asked since getting on the list. I anticipate a 4-6 year wait. I was number 83 or something like that. At this rate I may be first in line for a C9 lol

Good question. I got on the list last November (2021) and was told by Sean Lawlor that I could get on the ERay list, but it was all just one list for nonStingrays.
Seems very strange for a dealership nowadays not to be a hybrid authorized dealer. Maybe that has changed since your inquiry? I haven't asked since getting on the list. I anticipate a 4-6 year wait. I was number 83 or something like that. At this rate I may be first in line for a C9 lol
Getting crazy trying to buy a non stingray. Exporting cars now as well which probably hurts. The only way will be to import from USA - used - they put a few miles on - pay big bucks. We are such a small market !!! Glad I have a loaded Z51 HTC since I may not get a Z06 or E-Ray - chances very remote to be sure.

Getting crazy trying to buy a non stingray. Exporting cars now as well which probably hurts. The only way will be to import from USA - used - they put a few miles on - pay big bucks. We are such a small market !!! Glad I have a loaded Z51 HTC since I may not get a Z06 or E-Ray - chances very remote to be sure.
I also am extremely happy with my C8. I put my name on the list with the expectation of a long wait, and then decide when the time comes. At the rate that the prices are going up I expect the ERay will cost about double what my C8 cost with similar options. Not willing to buy at that cost.
Which raises an interesting question: what is the maximum (before taxes) that anyone on a list is willing to pay for the ERay? My max is $140,000- so probably best just to get off the list now! :)
Sorry- not intending to hijack this thread. Just thinking out loud. I'll start a new thread

Reactions: DenisC8
I also am extremely happy with my C8. I put my name on the list with the expectation of a long wait, and then decide when the time comes. At the rate that the prices are going up I expect the ERay will cost about double what my C8 cost with similar options. Not willing to buy at that cost.
Which raises an interesting question: what is the maximum (before taxes) that anyone on a list is willing to pay for the ERay? My max is $140,000- so probably best just to get off the list now! :)
Sorry- not intending to hijack this thread. Just thinking out loud. I'll start a new thread
Well, I am on a list and have agreed to pay $50K over MSRP for a Z06. I sent them my order as per the USA build sheet they sent me. It came to $150K USD - so, looks like $170 CDN + premium of $50K. I sent them pics and info on my current C8 with the understanding that I get a decent trade-in for mine. I think still a long shot though. Ditto E-Ray which should not be more than a Z06 - it is suppose to me the sub for the GS. I am not a young man - so, just want one of these cars. Still very healthy and active - keeping fingers crossed that this will continue - LOL.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Well, I am on a list and have agreed to pay $50K over MSRP for a Z06. I sent them my order as per the USA build sheet they sent me. It came to $150K USD - so, looks like $170 CDN + premium of $50K. I sent them pics and info on my current C8 with the understanding that I get a decent trade-in for mine. I think still a long shot though. Ditto E-Ray which should not be more than a Z06 - it is suppose to me the sub for the GS. I am not a young man - so, just want one of these cars. Still very healthy and active - keeping fingers crossed that this will continue - LOL.
$220k for a Z06? Lol.

@DenisC8 Of course, but that is where the market has starting valuing them at south of the border
just because we are so close to USA geographically, culturally and economically; USA Prices, USA availability, USA wait times, and USA allocations means absolutely nothing to Canadian C8 corvettes market new or used.

same applies to all previous Gen Corvettes, I don't care about previous gen corvette buying experience, wait times, prices, availability or how GM handled allocations. Those times are gone, never coming back and previous gen experience has Zero usable data to the C8 buyers.

for example: if I told you: "GM Canada will make 30 Z06s for 2023" vs "GM will make 3000 Z06s in 2023 but Canada will only get 1% of total production"
both statement mean exactly the same thing to Canadian Buyers, but which statement leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Last edited:
@DenisC8 Our C7ZR1 prices and C8 waitlist times reflected in the used market are almost certainly indicators of C8Z pricing to come. But hey feel free to believe a car with 6-7 year waitlists won't come with a ridiculous mark up in the used market.

Bill Spencer will be receiving GMs EV vehicles like the Silverado and E-Ray I can confirm. And yes, they keep a single list for all non-Stingray edition C8s so it will be interesting to see how folks move up the E-Ray or Z06 lists as folks who get called for allocations change their minds.

The dealership I am with for the E-Ray #1 position has kept separate C8 Stingray, Z06 and E-Ray lists and wouldn't allow the start of the E-Ray list until it was officially announced.

Reactions: black2010gs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread