Good morning Riley,

Odd that just minutes ago I was reading this article on CBC News Edmonton.

Tissington's and Stojan's............

Well, as strange as it may seem, I went to high school school with a Tissington boy. His father was a real estate developer, his nickname was "slippery Sid". My father actually ended up buying some land off a bank when he stopped making payments. After they left Grimshaw they moved to Grande Prairie too. But never heard of a Dennis off hand.

As for Stojan's, they are from north of Grande Prairie from a town called Sexsmith. There was (again unsure of the relationship) a Stojan Chev Olds dealership and also Stojan Powersports and Marine business.

The article didn't provide a lot of detail, the guy whose window got smashed apparently paid the Stojan lad some money for concrete work that was either never done or never completed. He went to see the guy to see what was up. Subsequently Tissington came over and figured that his window was some sort of problem and smashed it out for him.

Another story on this is "You see, Tyler Stojan was having some work done at his house when the concrete that was being used apparently did not set properly. According to Stojan, a local town evacuation did not allow workers to properly perform the services necessary to ensure the concrete would set just right.

Tyler was not happy about this and he requested that the unnamed construction company pay him $5000 to fix the problem, and the construction company obliged.

Unfortunately, things got tricky when one of the construction workers reported that the concrete had set fine and that Stojan had essentially made a fraudulent claim but still kept the $5000.

As seen in the video, when a construction employee travels to Tyler’s house to request the funds back, Angry Man Tissington tells the unnamed construction employee to get out. When the employee does not move his car (which is parked on a public side street), Dennis does what any insane person would do: he yells at the poor guy and smashes in two of his car windows with a baton.

You’ll have to see the video to believe just how nuts Tissington really is, but I’m hoping this guy gets arrested by day’s end
."

So this story gives a bit more information that CBC didn't have.

But to be sure the fellow might have some anger issues maybe? Maybe a nice criminal record for assault will help him cool off in the future?

But to answer your question Riley, nope, don't know them, probably glad that I don't know someone with anger issues like that either.

This is funny! Back in 1960 Dennis Tissington was a Cub Scout who was recognized for graduating to being a Scout!! I guess he forgot a few of their tenants over the years of how to treat people!!

- Nine Cubs from the St. Paul's United pack advanced to Scouts: Robert Chisholm, Gord Shofner, Frank Wilson, Michael Dawson, Lorne Groner, Robert Stein, Gary Borstad, Jimmy Dobbyn and Dennis Tissington.

Now how is that for a yuk??????!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
Well, I guess as the local guy it would not have been too strange had I known them! Just hard to get what the real story is but the court date is Oct 3rd I think and I'll try to remember to look to see if there is anything in the local paper then to provide us with a clearer picture..............

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.