Well based on this straw poll it seems that the 'Nays' have the lead, but, there are a few undecided and some wanting a color match option. So lets see if we can get the poll closer....As such I quickly mocked up a 95% correct handle. All I was going for was the general shape of the handle. All that will be seen is abt 1/2 of this part and I think I have come up with a solution to refab the handle so that only abt 1/3 will be seen....... tmrw I will order the paint and hope to have a 'color viewing' on Fri (if the paint is ready) Not giving up yet and gives me something to do....

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: ddgermann
Well if its good enough for Boeing..... :) I picked up the paint today, will color match my home made handle and post some pics tmrw... then I'll lay it to rest after the next round of 'reviews'....

I just made a winter add on thread so not to hijack your thread Paul. Feel free to add you rock guards, exhaust filler and Hummer/Boeing door operating system over there once you get them painted up. ;)

I think the guys are going to have fun with this thread for a while yet though. :Biggrin:

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Our '05 has the factory door setup. I find in touching the pad to open the door, there is a fraction of a second delay before the door latch actually releases. Someone not used to it might grope around a bit as I did before realizing what was going on. The factory setup is fine by me. About the only change of significance that we have done to our car is the chromed wheels and Vararam intake that a fellow was taking off to go supercharged. $125 sounded a lot better than $625+ that they want for them now.

So, I have done a few additions/changes over the past month and the latest is door handles. Yes door handles on the C7.... Blasphemy you say?! Well, I put some on anyway..... I looked at it this way, its a relatively inexpensive modification that can be undone in under 5 mins if the outcome turns out not to be what one expected. As such, I ordered a set from Sandy Eggo Corvette accessories and Im happy with their ease of functionality. No more fumbling of sorts to open the door, they do their designed job very well and are of good quality. I'll certainly keep them on through the summer and see how they stand up. Attached are some pics, the only question I will have to answer for myself is wether I should get them color matched to the body. Right now they are matte black.... So, yay or nay......

View attachment 13956 View attachment 13957
I say nay; but hey, it's your car. I have no problem with current set-up and like the clean stream lined look!!:canada:

It’s probably something you wouldn’t even notice unless,you noticed it. It doesn’t look as bad as at first. If I were going to put these on my car,I’d try to go with a carbon fibre look. Colour matched would look more cheesy I think.
I have to think now that the carbon fibre look will make sense as long as there are other exterior carbon fibre accents on the car ... especially with the vent right near it being carbon fibre ... but the open door "hummer ad-on" view still has me jumping back over the fence again. It's interesting how this one accessory part has me doing this.

I have to think now that the carbon fibre look will make sense as long as there are other exterior carbon fibre accents on the car ... especially with the vent right near it being carbon fibre ... but the open door "hummer ad-on" view still has me jumping back over the fence again. It's interesting how this one accessory part has me doing this.

LOL... while I do have them on my car, (and they work like a hot knife through butter) I am still a little on the fence. IMO they need to be aprx 1/4" to 3/8" shorter in length to look a bit more plausible and less intrusive to the eye. Over the next month or so I will fab up a proper handle based on my dimensions,fit it, and then reassess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread