Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
BC
So, I have done a few additions/changes over the past month and the latest is door handles. Yes door handles on the C7.... Blasphemy you say?! Well, I put some on anyway..... I looked at it this way, its a relatively inexpensive modification that can be undone in under 5 mins if the outcome turns out not to be what one expected. As such, I ordered a set from Sandy Eggo Corvette accessories and Im happy with their ease of functionality. No more fumbling of sorts to open the door, they do their designed job very well and are of good quality. I'll certainly keep them on through the summer and see how they stand up. Attached are some pics, the only question I will have to answer for myself is wether I should get them color matched to the body. Right now they are matte black.... So, yay or nay......

Image 2.jpg Image 1.jpg

Looks good to me Paul.

And on another important issue how about some pics of all the stuff on your work bench. Looks like stuff we need to know about.:Biggrin::thumbs:

LOL Black 03 Z06.... I'll put you down for a Yay. On top of the bench I just have a bunch of die cast 1:18 muscle cars. A couple of home made work bench lights (1 is made from a 72 Caddy door handlemade from a so on. Above my garage I have a room in which I made the furniture from car parts, a stainless steel table top with Beer keg legs.... It actually looks good. Even my TV stand up top is made from Harley shocks, bmx shocks and 8" by 1/4" flat bar metal... Its not for everyone but I like to tinker. My neighbours are always over and I wind up helping them with their projects. I cant go up there now as I am changing the design of my stairs which go up and down via a small hoist cable hidden in the attic.... Im half way certifiable but I think it all looks good. : ) Here's a pic of one side of the garage. Vette is on other side.

Attachments

• Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
Sorry, I think that looks ridiculous. I'd only consider that if I were having a very hard time opening the doors...and if that's the case, then there is probably something wrong with your mechanism. If I had to have them, I think colour matched would be better.

No need to apologize for you thoughts G-ForceJunkie....I'm the one asking for the opinion. Door mechanism works just fine, maybe due to having driven the car only a hand full of times I find the design a bit awkward, as did the couple of passengers that have driven with me. I think ridiculous is a bit overstated as you would have to see how the handle flows into the opening in person. Pictures do display the handle, but it is one of those things that you have to see in multidimensional form. I am going to get some mild steel and fashion out a dummy handle and color match it as a mock up to see how much difference it will make to the look, you may be right ..... I'll put you down asa solid Nay : )

Reactions: G-ForceJunkie
Can't say I'm a fan of your new door handles. They do look a little easier to open though. As G Force said, they would look better at least to me if they were colour matched.

Can't say I'm a fan of your new door handles. They do look a little easier to open though. As G Force said, they would look better at least to me if they were colour matched.

Thanks for the response..... they now do open up so much 'better'. Looks like another Nay...... I'll try the color match trial nxt week and see how it turns out.

Reactions: Rick9456
These are a little different. I guess they’d keep your greasy thumbprints off the door if anything. The C6 has a molded piece that my thumb presses against when I open my doors so this would just be cosmetic I’m guessing.

How much are these things?

Reactions: YFCvii
Really sorry for this Paul but they might look better colour matched ......
slap.gif

No sorrys required. I put it out there to solicit honest opinions.... thick skinned Italian I am! ...... I got to say though, went back out to garage and did a walk around and they look a lot better in person. They look bigger in the pictures. My wifes a straight shooter and she said they look OK and loves the way the doors open. At some point over the next week I'll do a color match mock up. We shall see....

Hi Paul. If you are going to ask...

Those clever little things regardless of colour look like they belong on my Hummer.
I have to be honest and say I do not care for them. They look industrial against the delicate smooth lines of your car.

You will be a pro at opening the doors in just a few weeks with the factory hidden press pads.
As far as fingerprints go... again you will know quickly how to close the doors by the edge and no marks. (Be careful of jewelry)
As far as the wife.... she will love you even more as you rush around at first to open and close her door. Later it will just come naturally.. if it already doesn’t Paul. You seem like a gentleman anyway.

All that being said... it’s your Corvette... you paid for it... do what ever makes you happy right.

It’s all good. :Biggrin:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread