All the pros and cons comparing the C8 to the exotics sounded very good. I also believe the C8 will be a big hit for those that can afford the over $100,000 price tag. I know I can't, afford to spend that much. I will be more than satisfied purchasing a 2019 Stingray, as it has everything I require in a car for daily driving. To me enjoying the car and the people who are like minded doing tours takes first prize to me.
Not about "affording" all the time. To me, it is about value for the money, reliability, service costs and obviously looks and handling. To me, the corvette has always been the best value proposition. I bought my C7 after going to the Porsche dealership and taking a few out for a spin. The Porsche is probably a very good choice as well: great handling, reliable, looks great - especially the 911 4 or C4 but the dealer is way on the other side of town - pain for servicing - warranty not great - costs high when warranty gone. I am from London - not far from you - whats new in dorchester?

Another car that will out next year I believe: Mustang GT500 - will have a lot of the GT features: AT transmission, suspension and engine - will be a beast with awesome handling with some great colors - maybe eh worth checking out? Google it and see for yourself. To me, reliability and reasonable service costs are important - can't beat a good USA designed V8 engine.:Party:
Yes, I'm really curious to see how the Mustang turns out...very cool car. And you're right JCWP, reliability and reasonable service costs are big issues for sure. Cheers.

Reactions: ddgermann
Yes, I'm really curious to see how the Mustang turns out...very cool car. And you're right JCWP, reliability and reasonable service costs are big issues for sure. Cheers.
This is what the Ferrari Sales Manager says:

Thank you very much for your inquiry. Yes I am happy to say that all Ferrari’s 2012 and newer come with 7 year free maintenance in the country they were sold in. You can also extend the warranty on a Ferrari for up to 15 years from the in service date at an additional cost.
I invite you to the our beautiful store on Burrard Street in Vancouver at your earliest convenience to come and have a coffee and a look around. You also might want to do some research online as I am certain you will discover that Modern Ferrari’s are as reliable or better than the very best in the auto industry. Please let me know if there is a certain model you might be interested in and I would be happy to let you know of any that come available.

This is what the Ferrari Sales Manager says:

Thank you very much for your inquiry. Yes I am happy to say that all Ferrari’s 2012 and newer come with 7 year free maintenance in the country they were sold in. You can also extend the warranty on a Ferrari for up to 15 years from the in service date at an additional cost.
I invite you to the our beautiful store on Burrard Street in Vancouver at your earliest convenience to come and have a coffee and a look around. You also might want to do some research online as I am certain you will discover that Modern Ferrari’s are as reliable or better than the very best in the auto industry. Please let me know if there is a certain model you might be interested in and I would be happy to let you know of any that come available.
Wow!! That's pretty cool.

I was actually looking at McLaren's myself a few months back. I went to a local dealership to take a look at an MP4-12C. When you sit inside, there is nothing like it really. The whole carbon tub makes you feel like you are literally part of the car, so it's insane. However, they are depreciating for a reason. I came back home from that experience and started googling MP4-12C and the associated issues. It wasn't uncommon to see issues costing owners upwards of $30K to fix. Some even claim to have spent more on fixing the car than what the car's worth. So unless money is no object, these cars are better avoided. The cost to get an extended warranty on a 12C is $7500 + tax for a year and once you read the fine print, you will quickly realize that many things are not even included. However, yes, at the current price point, McLaren's are indeed very enticing...if only the reliability was better:

BC car for 149K asking
New & Used McLaren MP4-12C for sale in Richmond | autoTRADER.ca

ON car for 156K with 1 year CPO warranty included
Car - 2012 McLaren MP4-12C Coupe INSPECTED + 12 MONTHS CPO WARRANTY in Woodbridge, ON $155,995

I was actually looking at McLaren's myself a few months back. I went to a local dealership to take a look at an MP4-12C. When you sit inside, there is nothing like it really. The whole carbon tub makes you feel like you are literally part of the car, so it's insane. However, they are depreciating for a reason. I came back home from that experience and started googling MP4-12C and the associated issues. It wasn't uncommon to see issues costing owners upwards of $30K to fix. Some even claim to have spent more on fixing the car than what the car's worth. So unless money is no object, these cars are better avoided. The cost to get an extended warranty on a 12C is $7500 + tax for a year and once you read the fine print, you will quickly realize that many things are not even included. However, yes, at the current price point, McLaren's are indeed very enticing...if only the reliability was better:

BC car for 149K asking
New & Used McLaren MP4-12C for sale in Richmond | autoTRADER.ca

ON car for 156K with 1 year CPO warranty included
Car - 2012 McLaren MP4-12C Coupe INSPECTED + 12 MONTHS CPO WARRANTY in Woodbridge, ON $155,995
I agree with the MP4 but from what I understand the 570S etc. are much better in terms of reliability. They too are depreciating pretty rapidly.....I'm probably going to wait for the "Z06" version of the C8 and then see what's what...

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
I agree with the MP4 but from what I understand the 570S etc. are much better in terms of reliability. They too are depreciating pretty rapidly.....I'm probably going to wait for the "Z06" version of the C8 and then see what's what...

They are depreciating and not really selling all that well (at least in the US) which is leading to further depreciation. It's definitely a brand image issue as the cars are very solid these days and compete often beating out the competition in their respective price brackets.

McLaren has done a tremendous feat in creating and perfecting a massively successful lineup of highly competitive supercars over the last 12 years what they've not done is make them sought after icons like Lambo and Ferrari. Technical marvels but the recipe is not quite there yet brand wise so they will always depreciate more than others outside of limited edition runs.

They are depreciating and not really selling all that well (at least in the US) which is leading to further depreciation. It's definitely a brand image issue as the cars are very solid these days and compete often beating out the competition in their respective price brackets.

McLaren has done a tremendous feat in creating and perfecting a massively successful lineup of highly competitive supercars over the last 12 years what they've not done is make them sought after icons like Lambo and Ferrari. Technical marvels but the recipe is not quite there yet brand wise so they will always depreciate more than others outside of limited edition runs.
Very good points Nik! I agree completely. I believe the extended warranty runs about $4500 U.S. per year, and McLaren Toronto prices it out at $6500. The car needs to be inspected first, or be a "certified pre-owned vehicle", but that's just jumping through a pretty easy hoop. Most of the cars being sold by the dealerships, and even August Motorcars in Kelowna with their Mantis Green 650S, are offering the first year of warranty included in the deal. Not much of a hardship for them, for a $6500 incentive on a $229,000 car, but hey, a pretty good start, and a nice way to drive "worry free" for the first year. It works out to $541 per month, Canadian, which seems to be an awesome bargain when considering the repairs on one of these vehicles can easily reach in the $10K+ region pretty quick. $540 per month for piece of mind is worth it. Then again, free is always better, and that's what the C8 will offer..... I just wish they'd hurry up and reveal the dang thang........... That might put a lot of speculation to rest.......... ;)

Reactions: Riley P
Very good points Nik! I agree completely. I believe the extended warranty runs about $4500 U.S. per year, and McLaren Toronto prices it out at $6500. The car needs to be inspected first, or be a "certified pre-owned vehicle", but that's just jumping through a pretty easy hoop. Most of the cars being sold by the dealerships, and even August Motorcars in Kelowna with their Mantis Green 650S, are offering the first year of warranty included in the deal. Not much of a hardship for them, for a $6500 incentive on a $229,000 car, but hey, a pretty good start, and a nice way to drive "worry free" for the first year. It works out to $541 per month, Canadian, which seems to be an awesome bargain when considering the repairs on one of these vehicles can easily reach in the $10K+ region pretty quick. $540 per month for piece of mind is worth it. Then again, free is always better, and that's what the C8 will offer..... I just wish they'd hurry up and reveal the dang thang........... That might put a lot of speculation to rest.......... ;)
I'd buy a Ferrari 458 any day over a McL: beautiful one here at Van. dealer - 2014 for $280K+ asking + 26% taxes - ouch!!!! That is just too much dough unless one has too much money to worry about these things -LOL.:Nopity:

Reactions: flyboy999
I'd buy a Ferrari 458 any day over a McL: beautiful one here at Van. dealer - 2014 for $280K+ asking + 26% taxes - ouch!!!! That is just too much dough unless one has too much money to worry about these things -LOL.:Nopity:
Yeah, that's too rich for my blood. But, with a McLaren, you can get a 570S for $200K still under warranty, and with a trade in worth $70-90K things start getting much more "doable". Ferraris are beautiful, but this is next level for me...
20181022_192245.jpg

Yeah, that's too rich for my blood. But, with a McLaren, you can get a 570S for $200K still under warranty, and with a trade in worth $70-90K things start getting much more "doable". Ferraris are beautiful, but this is next level for me...View attachment 20974
Beautiful car FB999!!! Hey shouldn't U be in court defending some poor smuck - LOL?

Haha...there now. Judge is going through tickets first.....bored......lol
More info on Ferrari:
I hope you had a great weekend. The Ferrari 7 year maintenance program covers all service items for 7 years (oil, filters, belts, spark plugs etc) it does not include wearable items such as tires or brakes. The warranty is bumper to bumper 3 years and an extended warranty is available at additional cost. The cars also come with 3 years roadside assistance that is continued with the warranty if you add the extended warranty. I can honestly tell you the cars are bulletproof.
The one I like 2014 458 spider would necessitate me writing a cheque for over $350K. You can imagine what a new 488 would cost with taxes in - crazy price!! ($550K ?) I need a few more million to even consider the 2014; even then, it would be tough to write a cheque - LOL. Hey, when you are in B.C. and I need a lawyer for a ticket, can you help an old retiree out?

These above numbers are crazy high (numbers I could personally only imagine if I won a lottery). What if the 2021 Z06 Spyder, nicely loaded, costs $150K Canadian, and it kicks all these others’ butts, is drop dead gorgeous, and has a superb interior?

Oh yes, that is not conjecture, but IMO the reality of two years from now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.