This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Why the high price increase? Lets look at the numbers...

It's clear that there are significant changes happening with Corvette allocations and pricing, and it's a topic that many of us are concerned about. The shift in allocation percentages and the increase in prices are causing some speculation and discussion.

It seems that GM's perspective on the Corvette's role in the business has evolved, and they may be looking at ways to maximize profits. This includes adjusting prices to create a more balanced price between the US and Canada and potentially discouraging flipping and exporting.

It's also important to consider that similar pricing changes have been observed with other GM vehicles, like Cadillac Escalades, indicating a broader corporate strategy.

Welcome Jerome, not sure if you know but our price increase was 6 times what the 2024 price increase was in the US, so many are a little upset about being hit all at once with the price balancing.

GM never really care about flipping otherwise they would control dealers selling over MSRP. I've never heard or experienced Corvettes from Canada being exported to USA. Very few corvettes were sold at MSRP in early years and even at MSRP after you add duty/tax/transport its still cheaper for a USA resident to stay buy local.

There are lots of Canadian Corvettes for sale in Washington.

Reactions: Rkurtz
Very few corvettes were sold at MSRP in early years
I'm not sure where you got that from, if I understand you correctly. Almost all dealers on both sides of the border sold the C8 at MSRP. The few exceptions seem to be on the West coast for some reason, but still they were few and far between.

I'm not sure where you got that from, if I understand you correctly. Almost all dealers on both sides of the border sold the C8 at MSRP. The few exceptions seem to be on the West coast for some reason, but still they were few and far between.
Dealers are not allowed to sell over MSRP in Ontario unless the vehicle is used.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I am talking about GM not the Dealers.
It's well documented that the Corvette is a low volume car especially for Canada and expecting it to keep the company in the black is a recipe for disaster.
Sure the car is profitable and a big success right now, but GM sold over 1.9 million units in 2022 and only 25,165 of them were C8's.

Dealers are not allowed to sell over MSRP in Ontario unless the vehicle is used.

Thats actually not the case. No where in any OMVIC regs or GM dealer agreements does it say that you cannot sell a vehicle for over MSRP. MSRP is a SUGGESTED retail price. Dealers are free to set their own prices. That being said, it seems to be socially unacceptable to partake in selling for over MSRP at a new dealership, but it definitely happens.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
My understanding is that the AFM is added not so much for the Vette, but to help maintain GM’s government required brand-wide EPA threshold.

Yes, and they can be fined for doing it and fined if an advertised vehicle price is not the actual price.

Yes, grab an over-priced, styling, boxy electric Mustang and enjoy the stress of constantly looking for fuel opportunities instead. Go Vette Go!!!

This is an excellent analysis. Do you have any information on the hst portion of pricing since perhaps prior to this price hike the exchange amount plus 13% hst brought the total cost on par with US prices and presumably GM Canada gets the benefit of hst recovery.