Didn't they buy a C8 in 2020 to copy it? I saw spy photos about it but don't recall if it was 2020 or 2021?
They had to wait at least a year to get one! ;)
I bet they got one from the wreckers. Already dismantled for them.

Agree, send me information on this car as I have heard nothing about it.
First I have a correction , unless this time this is wrong but the mid engine Mustang is now coming out tomorrow. Check out Ford authority. I tried downloading the article but it did not work.

It's all about detonation.
I agree, so the higher Octane means more bang for your buck, and some additional additives to burn cleaner in summer over lower grades.
It isn't about the ethanol, it's the octane rating that matters.
Since the ethanol is being force fed to us.

Reactions: Bunny hop
I have much more experience with MB than GM and experience in the importation of vehicles. I was told that while MB Canada does report to MB, the sale price is not determined by a corporate entity but set yearly by region ie MB Canada and the exchange rate (that can fluctuate during a year) is not considered. I was also told that the number of models and options was determined by MB Canada rather than driven by MB. For instance It was impossible to buy a 2005 SLK350 manual transmission in Canada because the low demand meant extra costs in the form of training/ support etc. however still available in US and European markets. I would be surprised to find out its different at GM and that somehow US is setting prices and availability in Canada.

• Informative
Reactions: MKinOntario
So for guys who got priced out from the new corvette, your alternative now that Challenger and Camaro are dead is now a 2024 Mustang that tops out at $90,000

The 718 is easily the better option than those two cars unless someone is specifically looking for a muscle car.

The GTS 4.0 is right there too. My C8 spec is now higher than the GTS 4.0 I had spec'ed out. The value proposition for the C8 has dropped considerably.

• Agree
The 718 is easily the better option than those two cars unless someone is specifically looking for a muscle car.

The GTS 4.0 is right there too. My C8 spec is now higher than the GTS 4.0 I had spec'ed out. The value proposition for the C8 has dropped considerably.
Agreed - 718 at similar equipment and performance were way more but now it’s now closer.

Only thing is 718 is going electric and I’m sure that will come with a hefty wait time and price increase.

yes but no dealer will sell you a 718 GTS 4.0, and if you get lucky, they will tell you that your build/order must have at least $35,000-40,000 in options to get an allocation

• Wow
Reactions: KTJF and Bunny hop
yes but no dealer will sell you a 718 GTS 4.0, and if you get lucky, they will tell you that your build/order must have at least $35,000-40,000 in options to get an allocation

I never got that impression when I put my name down at Porsche Vancouver. My sales person walked me through the entire process and was really honest. To the point where he made sure that the "Porsche treatment" was different than other dealers. It meant giving everyone a call every 3 months to update them on the list, how many were sold, etc, and any updates on what's available.

The experience was night and day compared to the two Chevy dealers I dealt with.

The only thing he said was no more GT4s, they're all spoken for and that was a year ago lol.

Last edited:
So for guys who got priced out from the new corvette, your alternative now that Challenger and Camaro are dead is now a 2024 Mustang that tops out at $90,
Based on Scott's numbers in the other thread post #1 for new base prices, and my prior (May 2023) Price and Build, and assuming the 3 main options I wanted aren't going up in price too much, or at least near to the difference in the forex exchange rate, and freight and the rest of the sundries are more or less equal, my final price only goes up around $9000. Adjusting HST/Lux taxes included in my estimated price for a 2024. which is around $139,000. I can probably manage that. I'd rather have had the $2500 boost instead, but I'm still in the game on that number.

For comparison, I found a used 2020 C8 HTC Z51/Z51MSRC/front lift with very low mileage, that works out to $137000 +/- a cup of coffeee OTD.
Not my preferred colour, and soon to be 4 model years old.
I'm going to just wait it out, and see which way the wind blows.
Got nothing to lose.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Based on Scott's numbers in the other thread post #1 for new base prices, and my prior (May 2023) Price and Build, and assuming the 3 main options I wanted aren't going up in price too much, or at least near to the difference in the forex exchange rate, and freight and the rest of the sundries are more or less equal, my final price only goes up around $9000. Adjusting HST/Lux taxes included in my estimated price for a 2024. which is around $139,000. I can probably manage that. I'd rather have had the $2500 boost instead, but I'm still in the game on that number.

For comparison, I found a used 2020 C8 HTC Z51/Z51MSRC/front lift with very low mileage, that works out to $137000 +/- a cup of coffeee OTD.
Not my preferred colour, and soon to be 4 model years old.
I'm going to just wait it out, and see which way the wind blows.
Got nothing to lose.

Going from a 2023 to a 2024 Stingray Coupe 1LT build at minimum is a $11,896 increase. Not sure how you calculated a $9,000 increase in final price (including hst/lux taxes).

The new 2024 Mustang Base starts at $37,000 which was $33,000 in 2023. 2024 Mustang in USA starts at $30,000 USD so we Canadians pay $7,000 more or 23%.

2024 Corvette in USA starts at $66,300 USD and in Canada its $87,699 CAD. Canadians are paying $21,399 or roughly 32%.

Doesn't make sense GM's huge pricing increase this year for 2024 in Canada not even reasonable compared to Ford. Pricing has nothing to do with out dollar in reality. When the CDN dollar meets or exceeds USD we still pay more for cars in Canada.

Next week , Ford is coming out with a mid engine Mustang , that will be built by the same company that builds the GTs. I cannot wait to see the look and price. If it is better than a C8 , it should check GM , to be careful about price increases.
If it's the company that builds the GT, I think it's pretty safe to assume any mid-engine Mustang they build is going to be $150k and up.

Going from a 2023 to a 2024 Stingray Coupe 1LT build at minimum is a $11,896 increase. Not sure how you calculated a $9,000 increase in final price (including hst/lux taxes).
As i said in another thread (I think?) I was late to the game (May 2023), and by the time I did my Build and Price, the prices on chevrolet..ca had already been raised around $3000. Go have a look at them today. Those are the ones I used. They still have the 2023 Corvette model year B&P with the latest ($3000+) pricing. I used the higher numbers when I got into the game, so for me the prices were already $3000 closer to the 2024 numbers when I placed my order, and put down my deposit back in May. My Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT 2023 to 2024 difference, is less than it is for those that got in before the end of 2022.

The new 2024 Mustang Base starts at $37,000 which was $33,000 in 2023. 2024 Mustang in USA starts at $30,000 USD so we Canadians pay $7,000 more or 23%.

2024 Corvette in USA starts at $66,300 USD and in Canada its $87,699 CAD. Canadians are paying $21,399 or roughly 32%.

Doesn't make sense GM's huge pricing increase this year for 2024 in Canada not even reasonable compared to Ford. Pricing has nothing to do with out dollar in reality. When the CDN dollar meets or exceeds USD we still pay more for cars in Canada.
As anyone that remembers buying anything in the USA back in 2013 will confirm. Our Loonie was at par with the Greenback. I bought a travel trailer in Muskegon, MI, and paid several (C$6000) thousand dollars less there, than the identical unit here. Our small and medium businesses like to gouge us, for their own reasons, I guess, and get away with it because most average Canadians don't even know they're being gouged. Been living in a border town for over a decade, and have probably saved thousands, cross border shopping, just by knowing the daily C$/US$ forex rate, and doing some simple math. Their prices versus ours.

If it's the company that builds the GT, I think it's pretty safe to assume any mid-engine Mustang they build is going to be $150k and up.
Speaking of things that raise prices, will they (Ford) ever switch to carbon fibre or fibreglass body panels, if they haven't already?
My '73 Mach 1 convertible was a great car, until road salt and other nasty glop started eating away the rocker panels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.