Nov 24, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2023 2LT Coupe
Province
ON
Due to the recent price increase and a little bit longer wait times than expected, a few 2024 C8 models are starting to be available for those who are still waiting or didn't want to wait on the list...Now's your chance to take advantage of this... For example,

A 2024 Corvette 3LT Hard top convertible that I caught wind of in the new Sea Wolf gray color is Loaded with all the options including the Front Lift, performance package, and appearance package

Here is your time to take advantage if you are still waiting and still want a new C8 Corvette.

I'm noticing several Canadian dealers with C8 inventory for sale. Check out Capital Chev (Calgary) as an example. Customers are cancelling their orders and it's the wrong time of year to sell a sports car (buyers like me refuse to trade in a C8 this time of year, for a low low price), however GM keeps delivering them. Add to that the higher interest rate that's now in place, many dealers insisting on people financing their purchase (to make extra dough from the financing kick-back; a ++ unfair stipulation IMO for those who can pay cash), the higher "made-for-Canada-only" 2024 prices, the extra hit of the luxury tax, and the now-cooled-off Canadian economy. I expect Canadian dealers will be in for a "rough ride" with all types of C8's (even the Z06 and E-Ray) plus their other model lines (non-Corvette vehicles), with this "perfect storm" punching the hell out of purchasers. Welcome to our new reality...

Reactions: CamsC8
Go onto Chevrolet.ca and search across the country. Loads of 24s at dealers now. I believe when I looked last week there were over 70 listings showing up for the Toronto area...we've never seen this before.

Here's around Calgary for instance:

1702061983776.png

Go onto Chevrolet.ca and search across the country. Loads of 24s at dealers now. I believe when I looked last week there were over 70 listings showing up for the Toronto area...we've never seen this before.

Here's around Calgary for instance:

View attachment 117317

I am not disputing that there are some C8s available but I bet half of them are sold and just waiting to be delivered. GM auto populates dealers websites as soon as the car is built whether it is sold or not. My local dealer was showing a C8 in stock a few weeks ago that I know was sold to a buddy of mine.

Thats why I said half this time. I bet it was 95% 6 months ago.

Lots of variables on why sales have slowed down. Price increase, Luxury Tax, Interest Rates, Overall slowing of economy are all working against everything right now. C8s arent the only thing that is slow. My buddy is a BRP dealer and he said snowmobile and atv sales are in the sh-tter. I am a Real Estate Agent and I can tell you that house sales have tanked in the last 60 days.

It will be interesting to see if the market comes back in the Spring? I think it will pick up but no where close to 2022 numbers.

There are not 70+ 2024 C8’s up for grabs.
try calling and see what is actually for sale.
i understand some people have given up their allocation due to various reasons, but give your head a shake if you think that all the cars listed on the dealer sites are for sale.
this practice of listing incoming ,sold/unsold , inventory has been around for years.

• Wow
Reactions: MKC8
this practice of listing incoming ,sold/unsold , inventory has been around for years.
It's not a practice persay. It's automated. The cars are technically dealer owned until the customer signs on the dotted line.

• Agree
Reactions: Bunny hop and MKC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.