Yesterday, after 11 months of waiting.. I picked up my C8 HTC. Special thanks to Murray for driving me to Cobourg to get it. The car is AMAZING. The colour is nothing like what I've seen in photos, where it looks soft and washed out. It has so much more life in the flesh. Very vivid! These pics are from the day before pickup at the dealer.. the car was still dirty from the ride up from BG. I'll be spending a lot of today sitting in it and learning all the features. And likely get a ride in there somewhere as well! And to repeat what has been said before, Spencer is an amazing dealership to deal with. Transparent, no games and excellent communication. They take that extra step. HIGHLY recommended!

Attachments

• DSC_2456 copy.jpg
    DSC_2456 copy.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_2457 copy.jpg
    DSC_2457 copy.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_2458 copy.jpg
    DSC_2458 copy.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_2464 copy.jpg
    DSC_2464 copy.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 56
Yesterday, after 11 months of waiting.. I picked up my C8 HTC. Special thanks to Murray for driving me to Cobourg to get it. The car is AMAZING. The colour is nothing like what I've seen in photos, where it looks soft and washed out. It has so much more life in the flesh. Very vivid! These pics are from the day before pickup at the dealer.. the car was still dirty from the ride up from BG. I'll be spending a lot of today sitting in it and learning all the features. And likely get a ride in there somewhere as well! And to repeat what has been said before, Spencer is an amazing dealership to deal with. Transparent, no games and excellent communication. They take that extra step. HIGHLY recommended!
Congratulations! My brother is planning to get the same colour whenever he gets the phone call. How was your drive home?

Thanks! Drive home was a real delight. Played with some settings but have many more to learn and set. Initially found I was wandering in my lane a bit on the 401. Went into the mode I was in on screen, tightened the steering up a notch and VOILA!! Beauty! Plus after driving in -11 temps for over three hours when I got home I went to put the roof down to show my wife. It wouldn't go down!!! Dashboard said "Too cold to put the roof down". How is that??? LOVE IT. Look for my soon to be post on the audio system. A setting everyone needs to know about.

Thanks! Drive home was a real delight. Played with some settings but have many more to learn and set. Initially found I was wandering in my lane a bit on the 401. Went into the mode I was in on screen, tightened the steering up a notch and VOILA!! Beauty! Plus after driving in -11 temps for over three hours when I got home I went to put the roof down to show my wife. It wouldn't go down!!! Dashboard said "Too cold to put the roof down". How is that??? LOVE IT. Look for my soon to be post on the audio system. A setting everyone needs to know about.
I didn't catch the wandering in the video. ;)

Since you asked! :)

Thom! Thom! Call the police! You're being followed! We have video proof! :D

GREAT news on the new arrival! Love the colour and HTC but it's just somewhat vaguely familiar and I'm of course biased. LOL. What did you do for seats? All black?

I expect two C8's travelling together got even more looks. Congrats and a big shout out to Murray for yet again going above and beyond and driving a Forum member to p/u his new C8. And for those who don't know, I'm not talking about Murray's updates on the Bowling Green C8 production numbers (that's yet another story) but rather that fact that Murray previously drove someone last year to p/u his new C8. Murray has now "perfected" his craft by taking video footage as well. You're one of a kind Murray!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
Plus after driving in -11 temps for over three hours when I got home I went to put the roof down to show my wife. It wouldn't go down!!! Dashboard said "Too cold to put the roof down". How is that???
I wonder if you can override that and put the top down anyway.

smart decision getting the mats
I use the stock mats in winter and Lloyds mats for the summer. I hate the thought of putting plastic in the cockpit. It's like putting plastic on your furniture.

Reactions: Maximus74
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.