Gentlemen, the dealer submitted my order on January 23. (1100). How can I follow the continued progress of my order? Do I have to call the dealer every time to get a status update going forward? I was told my estimated TPW could be between Feb. 15 - Feb 22? Thanks.

Gentlemen, the dealer submitted my order on January 23. (1100). How can I follow the continued progress of my order? Do I have to call the dealer every time to get a status update going forward? I was told my estimated TPW could be between Feb. 15 - Feb 22? Thanks.

Yes, contact your dealership. The issue you have is at 1100 they have only created your order. It's not accepted by GM yet until 2000 status when it's matched to an allocation. So you could sit there for a while.

Furthermore, there's no way you'd have a TPW at 1100. The only way you'd see a TPW was if your car hit 3000 status or beyond.

The real ticket number is hitting 3000 and being accepted by Production Control. Then it's a locked order and will soon get prioritized for production.

Reactions: Carlos
It all depends on your dealer. Some dealers won't talk to you until they have something to tell you.
Others will stay in touch even if it's to tell you there is no change.
You can try the Corvette concierge but they really are pretty much useless.

Reactions: Carlos
Whats the best way to find what your order status is ? I call GM Canada with my order number. They say they will get back to me in 48 hrs. That never happens. Then when I call them back after 4 days and ask what the order number status is they say they don't know what that means. Last time they told me "GM has the order" I asked " so it's at status 2000?" She said "I don't know. It just says GM has the order" I called the dealership today and am waiting to hear back.

Whats the best way to find what your order status is ? I call GM Canada with my order number. They say they will get back to me in 48 hrs. That never happens. Then when I call them back after 4 days and ask what the order number status is they say they don't know what that means. Last time they told me "GM has the order" I asked " so it's at status 2000?" She said "I don't know. It just says GM has the order" I called the dealership today and am waiting to hear back.

Your dealership should be giving you the status number. If they merely entered the order in the system it's 1100 status and your still waiting.

If the dealer matched your order to an allocation given to them by GM you'll be 2000 status.

Ask your dealership for their identification code and your order status. Once you have that PM me and I'll help you track it.

My car arrived at Spencer Chev yesterday. I'll be picking it up tomorrow....

Attachments

• Snapshot 2021-01-28 19.05.56.png
    Snapshot 2021-01-28 19.05.56.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
none for me or Thom.
QC was only the first two weeks for 2021's
If they find an issue with any of the hundreds of tests it's move to the fix line and held until it's fixed. Other than that there is no QC hold that we know of at the moment.

Reactions: canadiansteelman
Hopefully the weather holds! Wasn't supposed to snow, but I woke up to a little this morning.
It's still freak'n snowing! If I was a weather person I'd be ashamed of always being wrong! can't these people stick their head out a window?

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.