It’s now been a couple years since I installed my Vararam Snake Charmer on my 07 LS2.

First off, I bought mine used (it took patience as most people do not sell these once they have them) and it saved me a bundle at the time.
Would I have bought it new? I’m retired now so hard to say.

Being a used unit I did not even have a template for the shroud cut.
If you use your head and think things through a sharp knife goes a long way. The install was relatively quick and easy. You can’t barley tell anything has changed unless you know what to look for so I’m satisfied with the looks too.

From an engineering point of view the ram-air system that it provides will actually provide some gain. I don’t know of any others that provide ram air. You can not measure it on a Dyno as ram air needs the vehicle to be at speed.

How much “real life” gain is anyone’s guess. The manufacturer states 40 HP at speed ( www.Vararam.com ) No one believes anyone anymore (including manufacturers & Engineers) anyhow so if you do it, just do it for yourself. If you want, you can see their test results on their website.

Colder air does equal better performance it is that simple, a proven fact, ask anyone involved in Motorsport.

Is it worth it? That’s a personal decision on a street car. Can I feel a difference? I don’t know, maybe, maybe not? It’s hard to say as I don’t drive mine hard very often. It’s not any noisier in the cabin either.

As far as an oiled filter, yes do not over oil it, know what you are doing and you will be fine. You also have the option of oils now a days that do not negatively affect the sensors. I’ve been doing oiled filters since the early 90’s with no problems. If your scared of oiled filters perhaps there is a filter that fits these that you don’t have to oil.

I’m not worried about the cut shroud (you can’t see it unless you take it apart). I’m not wanting (or worried about) to go back to stock and I knew that before I got the knife out.

If you are about to do it.. My tip is to put a brand new sharp blade in the knife and go slow. It’s like cutting butter and it’s easier to do than most would believe. No you don’t have to take the car apart. Just the old air filter system etc.

Mine (even tho used) was the newer version and the quality was a typical just ok. Everything fit perfectly. It’s not fancy, it’s not carbon fiber and it looks near stock. I like that idea.

I just checked online and one place was selling them for $287.00 & Vararam was selling them for my C6 at $299 USD. Pretty comparable price I’d say.

From what I’ve been told and researched they upgraded these units a bunch after the first batches came out so if buying used make sure it has the metal clips like mine has.

I’m not a salesperson for Vararam. I don’t know that I believe their numbers 100% either. At the very least their numbers if correct would likely be under perfect conditions.

However on the other hand they Guarantee their numbers to be accurate.

So go to the website and if your car’s results don’t match up to their statements on performance I’m sure you could deal with it a number of ways, you pick.

The same can likely be said for all the other CAI systems out there too but the difference with the Snake Charmer is 1. It gives you Ram Air, 2. It gives you cooler air from outside the engine bay. Both of these are proven in my world to increase efficiency and power, the question is whether you believe it and by how much.

CDE7414E-A6E0-4B08-9A3F-4DE12B13D778.jpeg

Cheers!
Save the Wave!

Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.