Rolling until the saline goes down. So far no salt on the roads against the shores of lake O but it's going to happen any day now.
Salt will have very little effect on an all aluminum and composite car. Who are you saving your car for? By the looks of your avatar your skin will fall off before your car will corrode! ;)

Salt will have very little effect on an all aluminum and composite car. Who are you saving your car for? By the looks of your avatar your skin will fall off before your car will corrode! ;)
Drove so fast the road grit started to etch the collagen. Need to stop sticking my head out of the roof...or Tracwrap my gourd perhaps.

True salt has minimal effect on the aluminum, just cosmetic really but it still shows. You'll see the tell tale chalky, white coating of aluminum oxide some and if you get enough exposure there will be some cosmetic pitting. The fasteners and other components show it more so. The after market stainless exhausts don't fare to well either (which is visible through the lower section of our bumper, unlike the black stock set ups). My car gets driven but I take care of it. I'll be out early and away late.

Plus once the salt hits the road, combined with the cold my regular PS4's wont fair to well. I can't get into it nearly as much as I like to. That haze and cold just gets you spinning or sliding to easily. I don't see me forking out for another set of wheels and tires to run easy ( I'm on a set of 20s up front and 21" rears).

IMG_4748.jpeg
IMG_4747.jpeg

Amazon car cover needs a bit of adjustment but it seems to fit well for $149 + tax.

Reactions: vintageracer
Stopped raining for a few hours yesterday. Froze my hands royally and gave her one last hand wash. Blow dry and left it for a day to fully dry. Put the tender and her silk PJ’s on this morning.

Now putting Baileys in my morning coffee to cope.

Ended up putting 5400km of smiles this first year.

April will be a long time away.

IMG_4440.jpeg

I have the Eastwood super stretch large cover from Amazon (it has a good amount of stretch to it and it will also fit cars with the high wing spoiler) paid $ 175.00. I used it for 1 winter but my friend who never used his GM cover gave me his after he got rid of his C8 . So will probably sell my cover shortly once I put the GM cover on.

Reactions: ScottyR
Stopped raining for a few hours yesterday. Froze my hands royally and gave her one last hand wash. Blow dry and left it for a day to fully dry. Put the tender and her silk PJ’s on this morning.

View attachment 117195
Nice cover! I've also never seen official parking lines in someone garage before. This is big time! lol

View attachment 117195
It's rare to have a do not cross line in one's garage. Perhaps next time you can bring a bucket of warm soap and water from inside for your wash mitt and hands and just rinse with the cold! I did this a couple of weeks ago when the weather was warmer before parking mine. I like that red cover. Mine also came with my previous car.

Attachments

• IMG_5583.jpg
    IMG_5583.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5582.jpg
    IMG_5582.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 0

View attachment 117195
I hope you don't need to get into that breaker panel on a dark night.

It's rare to have a do not cross line in one's garage. Perhaps next time you can bring a bucket of warm soap and water from inside for your wash mitt and hands and just rinse with the cold! I did this a couple of weeks ago when the weather was warmer before parking mine. I like that red cover. Mine also came with my previous car.
Get a pair of these and put glove liners in them. Your fingers will thank you.
or a pair of these
IMG_1359.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.