Jan 27, 2010
Komoka Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
Province
ON
Hi, I am a first time vette owner , and have a completely stock 2008 coupe 6 speed. What should be the first thing I do to make it better, Exhaust work ? Intake ? Not a huge amount of free money left after the purchase but some, Any suggestions would be appreciated

Larry

First thing I would do is an air intake. If you had a C5, I would suggest a Vararam, however, with a C6, I am not so sure but there should be people on here that can help you out.

Congrats on the Vette. It looks very nice.

Hi, I am a first time vette owner , and have a completely stock 2008 coupe 6 speed. What should be the first thing I do to make it better, Exhaust work ? Intake ? Not a huge amount of free money left after the purchase but some, Any suggestions would be appreciated

Larry

Hi Larry , the LS3 is a great platform to build from . I would suggest the air in air out package from E.C.P . This consists of :

1.Vararam Snake Charmer Cold air intake
2.LG Super Pro Long Tube headers with x-pipe and high flow cats
3.Z06 muffler mod on your stock cat back

Installed and tuned / Taxes included :$3650.00

This package will give a great sounding vette as well as very nice hp increase that you can feel by the seat of your pants :D

Give us a call :

Manny Dasilva
E.C.P
519-240-2601

what was that??? I couldn't here you over the lump lumping LOL

My fave is when I see windows rolling down at stop lights to hear the idle and the take-off... even funnier when it's kinda cold and I can see the "passenger" dis-approving of the window being down :rofl:

Larry

Don't mod... its evil... the mod bug destroys all pocket books big and small. It has also been known to piss off wives.

I guess you have to ask yourself.... what are your objectives... sound? ride? performance? You can waste a lot of money if you don't know what you want.

Is your vette a summer weekend warrior or a DD? Can you handle going deaf a few months of the year? =)

When it goes faster are you going to want more? If your going to do the headers/cai you might as well do a cam/springs.... especially if your going to be paying for a tune.

IMO your best to do everything all at once... build the car of your dreams and don't mess with it anymore!

PS. As soon as I learn to do what I just wrote I'll let you know.

Vararam Snake Charmer Cold air intake LG Super Pro Long Tube headers with x-pipe and high flow cats
Corsa Exhaust

Then I would do Brembo Gran Turismo brakes 15" front, 13.6" rear and then Full Pfadt set up....

Trust me you would be 1 Happy camper after that!!:canada:

Don't mod... its evil... the mod bug destroys all pocket books big and small. It has also been known to piss off wives.

I guess you have to ask yourself.... what are your objectives... sound? ride? performance? You can waste a lot of money if you don't know what you want.

Is your vette a summer weekend warrior or a DD? Can you handle going deaf a few months of the year? =)

When it goes faster are you going to want more? If your going to do the headers/cai you might as well do a cam/springs.... especially if your going to be paying for a tune.

IMO your best to do everything all at once... build the car of your dreams and don't mess with it anymore!

PS. As soon as I learn to do what I just wrote I'll let you know.

To backup what our accountant friend offered... I had no idea that a cam was relatively that inexpensive to do and what the results would be... now, I did play with the heads on my car but with an LS3 you'll have a beast with just the cam for sure!!!

My first mod was the Vararam Snake charmer CAI . A bit of a pain to install, but well worth it. I am currently adding the body colour engine covers (fuse box, battery cover, Fuel rail covers, etc. ...and of course getting a professionally painted hood liner, by a guy, one of only 26 in Canada that is licenced by the NHL to do NHL goalie masks. Oh, the engine details doesn't make the car go any faster, but it sure looks nice.

Wow, I really appreate all the advice. Manny would I have to do the exhaust same time as the intake ? I really do not need to much more horsepower , YET , I do still have my Hayabusa if I really want to go that fast, I want a little more Rumble and I do remember the cars of my youth , The ones with the lumpy cams I liked that too.

Wow, I really appreate all the advice. Manny would I have to do the exhaust same time as the intake ? I really do not need to much more horsepower , YET , I do still have my Hayabusa if I really want to go that fast, I want a little more Rumble and I do remember the cars of my youth , The ones with the lumpy cams I liked that too.

You answered your own question... you NEED a cam =)

Nothing turns heads and gets the blood flowing like a nice lumpy cam at idle... it sounds sick like its going to die then BOOM... utter madness.

You can do it all a part at a time if you wish . I would do it in this order .

1.Vararam CAI
2.Z06 muffler mod (opposed to after market cat-back)
3.Headers & a tune
4.Cam & springs

I can install the Vararam in about 1 hr while you wait :eek:

Thx
[email protected]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.