Nov 3, 2012
buckhorn ontario
VetteCoins
Car
we all enjoy owning corvettes but what is it about your car in particular that really does " IT " for you ? the whole experience or something in specific ? with me it is the c3 styling, i have always loved the look. i enjoy working on the car because of the sense of achievement and satisfaction i get. i also enjoy the looks and comments from strangers who then share their stories with you. the cruise nights i go to are a great outing that i get a real kick out of, way different feeling going as a participant rather than a spectator. most of all it has given me the opportunity to meet up with like-minded folks that i would not have gotten to know otherwise.:canada:

The whole thing..... That is what I love.

I've wanted a corvette ever since I was a young lad. Life just seemed to keep getting in the way. Since I got my car, like you, I enjoy the cruise nights, and meeting up with like minded people.

In my case; I also love the feel of my 88. This is probably not my first choice in the year of corvette, but I can tell you that no other Vette has the same feel. This car fits me like a glove. Yes the high sills create a bit of a problem getting in and out, especially at an older age but once in the feel is awesome.

What do I really like: The smile I get every time I get in the seat. This has and I don't believe will ever will go away. Getting up in the morning and spending the day cleaning and polishing her up. The waves I get from others, and not just Vette guys. Cruising down a road following some of my corvette friends. What do I like, everything..........

It makes me feel decades younger :)

I love the look of my C5, I am sooooooo glad I got a conv.

I am glad the car "found" me, instead of the other way around.

I am glad that the car led me to this forum and so many remarkable people and fun times.

It's a fun car to spend money on, it's a great hobby.

I love it when kids scream out "cool car"

I love the look of a white car with red interior

I love having a non-winter car.

It elevates Mudd Street to an entirely new level.

I love the feel of driving it, no matter how bad my day may be (yes it happens some times) getting behind the wheel is great therapy.

I now have a tennis ball :coolgleam: hanging from the garage ceiling so I can park it close to the wall, that's a very cool factor.

It makes me smile when it starts, love the sound, I never have the radio on.

I could say more but I'm starting to ramble........

Lol Mud street , it is becoming somewhat of an institution isn't it.....:D

Love the sound at start-up, and the manual shift mode. When the bi-mode exhaust kicks in is pretty special.
Of course the meets we have and the thumbs up from everyone is cool too.

Never thought I'd own a 'vette, but here after about 50 other car ownerships it's a reality...... Lovin' every minute of it. Enjoying it with other 'vette owners makes it even more special.

Roll on spring -- I'm gettin' antsy again. :D

C.

I always dreamed of owning a vette. It finally became a reality with a little push from my wife. There never seems to be a good time to spend the money but I must admit, we have enjoyed every minute when we go for our drives and just spend time meeting others. The car drives like no other and sounds incredible. Let's not forget the overall sleek look of the car!!

I've owned musclecars continuously since 1967. I rode in a couple of Corvettes in the '60s and they rode so rough that I was kind of turned off. That and I wanted more than two seats. While building a house and raising a family this stuff took a back seat. When the 2005 first came out, it just struck me that THIS was what a Corvette should be like but never thought much about buying one. I drove a friend's 2008 so I knew what to expect. When, out of the blue, two guys firmed up on buying our Chevelles, the search was on, although we had already been keeping an eye on the market for some time just from a curiosity standpoint. The car we homed in on was the one we bought, with the right colour, six speed and low mileage, 21,440km. The interior smelled new and the owner cleaned the engine compartment with Q-tips. He hardly drove the car in the year he had it and was fanatical in cleanliness. After driving the car over 12K miles this summer, we know we made the right choice. It does everything well, has lots of luggage space, is comfortable, even on longer trips, performs better than almost any other car we have ever owned and gives terrific gas mileage. At ten mpg the Chevelle wasn't getting driven much any more. Now, we don't think twice about hopping in the Corvette and going for an all day run. The car will probably have a home with us for a long time. Oh yes, having a wife that loves cars doesn't hurt either. Dale loves driving the Corvette too. ;) We might just end up with a pair some time. My ultimate Corvette would be a '67 L71 coupe like the one shown with our car. This particular car was the 400 hp version. Nice.

Last edited:
I've only owned my car a grand total of a week and a half , and have only driven it for about two hours .. But I love it !

I can't remember the last time I was so thrilled with anything . I'm fortunate enough to have an inside door to my garage, and that door just happens to be in the hallway leading to the family room ... I leave the lights on in the garage all the time so that when I open the door to have a look, I don't have to wait for the fluorescents to warm up . My wife calls it the "Show Room !" :)

My Step Son is in the heating business, so you can bet that next year, my baby's 'bedroom' will be heated !

Snow shoveling goes so much smoother daydreaming of the days to come ! :D

I enjoy the smell of raw unburned fuel at idle
I enjoy bouncing around in a lumber wagon
I enjoy that it's impossible to fall asleep at the wheel
I enjoy getting thumbs up from people everywhere we go
I enjoy making more noise than a Harley
I enjoy going into the garage and staring at her
I enjoy her enduring classic look
65vetapril2011005.jpg

I don't enjoy having to wait 4 more months to wake her up again

Last edited:
What I enjoy most is overhearing the comments my kids' friends make when they first see my Vette. Things like "Your Dad must be really cool" tell me that the car has an appeal to multiple generations 'cause any "cool factor" I ever may have otherwise had is long since gone.
I never have a problem finding a "winger" to go to an event as everyone enjoys the performance and comfort the car offers. It has been a great way to spend a little quality bonding time with my kids especially my son.
One evening we had some friends over and they were taking about a tragedy that had claimed the lives a couple leaving behind two teenaged children. Then they asked my son what he would do if he lost both his parents and without hesiatation his immediate response was, "Learn to drive stick!'.
My wife, although she does not have any interest in cars what so ever, is tolerant of my toy and also enjoys the outings we have been on, often noting that the fellowship shared between vette owners is something pretty special.

I can't wait to start loving the start-up when I get the headers and exhaust on--wont be long now.

I also love having it parked in the driveway on a sunny day, getting in, and rolling into a golf course for an afternoon game.

I love shifting the manual tranny, and glancing back at the car when I get out of it and walk away.

I too, enjoy the forum and suggestions I've gotten here from like-monded people.

I finally love washing it--as there's a great pub with a nice patio just outside where I go.

There's more, but these are tops.
[mob][/mob]

Just before I retired for the 2nd time, I just knew I wanted a car for taking road trips in the summer. My wife and I love golf, and we also love to go to PGA tournaments, so I wanted something that had a big trunk space, a sports vehicle, with a comfortable ride.
I looked at lots of cars, but it came down to either a Mercedes SLK or a vette. Now, I had never been a huge fan of the hidden headlights, but really like the styling of the C5. When the C6 came out, I was in love with the new Euro look front end.
I bought the C6 coupe. We have taken a long road trip every spring or summer down south, put on many miles, but love the car. We are heading down to the Masters in April for this years road trip, and can't wait.
I got the car with 12K on it, and now has 70K. I'm looking forward to the C7 unveil. If I like the new styling, I may just have to have one for our future trips :D

We meet alot of nice people when were travelling, and get lots of positive comments on the car. I still can't stop looking back when walking away from the car. I had lot's of sports cars in my younger days, but none had this affect on both me and my wife.

If this is your first Masters, send me a PM if you'd like some pointers. I went in 2006 and 2007.

A drive to Hilton Head is worth it if you're looking to play some golf while you're there. You can play Harbor Town in all its glory--as the stands are set-up for the following week's PGA event.

Sorry--I'll stop hijacking this thread now, LOL.
[mob][/mob]

Doug,

What a great idea for a thread. Well done.

I think I have ownership seniority here, but I almost don't know where to begin. I can, with certainty, say that this car is the one constant (aside from my son and my dear old mother) in a life filled with change.

To think I almost bought a '67 Plymouth GTX, but thank God* sanity took hold. :D That Plymouth would have dissolved into iron oxide decades ago. I still have HEAVEN. I guess that begins to tell you what I enjoy about this car.........absolutely everything!

When I bought it, almost no one we knew had a Corvette; never mind a 435 hp Corvette. And, now all these years later, it's still unusual and rare. How many midyear big blocks have you seen cruising down the 401 lately? The reaction from other drivers is quite incredible.

What do I enjoy about this car? Absolutely everything.

Time and automotive evolution have passed it by, but it took mega-millions of research and development dollars, and all kinds of fancy computer bits and pieces to challenge this car. If you think this 45 year old car is slow and can't brake and corner, think again. ;)

From the late 1960s when stuffing two guys and three girls in a midyear coupe wasn't unheard of, to my current mid-60's age, it's still the same feeling every time I look at it (amazement), and start it (what's beyond lust?), and then drive it (who needs Viagara?).

I make every effort to NOT come across as an arrogant Corvette driver when interacting with other marque owners, but c'mon, isn't there something special about these cars that only Corvette owners understand?

Cruising. Racing. Long trips. Showing (not so much). Even grocery shopping when I couldn't afford a 2nd car one year long ago. I've done it all with this car. I am one of those rare but fortunate guys who "kept his". You know what I mean. Every time I fill 'er up, there's always some sad-eyed guy who proceeds to tell me the story about the one "just like this" that he had, but sold, all those years ago. I guess I'm the exception. I kept mine. ;)

The rough ride? The extreme loudness? The smell of fuel? Do I find those a negative? Not on your life. From driving this car for 45 years, to performing all maintenance, repairs and the complete body-off rebuild. I am at one with the beast, and the beast is in me. By now, it's hard to even think of being without it. The beauty of its age and the era it came from speaks to the greatness of the design and the vision of the designers and engineers. While driving, I am completely in touch with every movement, aware of the complete utilitarian feedback from the experience and at one with Zora. There is no similar feeling. It's as close to driving a stripped out, all-out racer as you can get on the street.

I recognize and salute the beauty and performance of later Corvettes. I'll be keeping this one. :D

24lv6sl.jpg

Forty-five years and counting. From my cold, dead hands....

Last edited:
If this is your first Masters, send me a PM if you'd like some pointers. I went in 2006 and 2007.

A drive to Hilton Head is worth it if you're looking to play some golf while you're there. You can play Harbor Town in all its glory--as the stands are set-up for the following week's PGA event.

Sorry--I'll stop hijacking this thread now, LOL.
[mob][/mob]

Thanks. We were there in 2010, but flew in to Atlanta, rented a car to travel to Augusta. It's a great golf course, and a great week....probably the best golf course I've ever seen.
We stopped at Hilton Head Island this May on our way home from the Players
and also Sea Island GA.

Regards,
Paul

I always wanted a Corvette , because of the program Route66 and my dad's friend worked on Corvettes at Gorries in Toronto.
I enjoy cleaning it and having something that is special to drive.
This is my 6th Vette.
I really wish I had a 6 speed, but this car was a good deal.
The dealer sucked!
It is as close to a new one as I have come yet 26k.
I look forward to meeting people in my area who own Vettes.

Doug,

What a great idea for a thread. Well done.

I think I have ownership seniority here, but I almost don't know where to begin. I can, with certainty, say that this car is the one constant (aside from my son and my dear old mother) in a life filled with change.

To think I almost bought a '67 Plymouth GTX, but thank God* sanity took hold. :D That Plymouth would have dissolved into iron oxide decades ago. I still have HEAVEN. I guess that begins to tell you what I enjoy about this car.........absolutely everything!

When I bought it, almost no one we knew had a Corvette; never mind a 435 hp Corvette. And, now all these years later, it's still unusual and rare. How many midyear big blocks have you seen cruising down the 401 lately? The reaction from other drivers is quite incredible.

Time and automotive evolution have passed it by, but it took mega-millions of research and development dollars, and all kinds of fancy computer bits and pieces to challenge this car. If you think this 45 year old car is slow and can't brake and corner, think again. ;)

From the late 1960s when stuffing two guys and three girls in a midyear coupe wasn't unheard of, to my current mid-60's age, it's still the same feeling every time I look at it (amazement), and start it (what's beyond lust?), and then drive it (who needs Viagara?).

I make every effort to NOT come across as an arrogant Corvette driver when interacting with other marque owners, but c'mon, isn't there something special about these cars that only Corvette owners understand?

Cruising. Racing. Long trips. Showing (not so much). Even grocery shopping when I couldn't afford a 2nd car one year long ago. I've done it all with this car. I am one of those rare but fortunate guys who "kept his". You know what I mean. Every time I fill 'er up, there's always some sad-eyed guy who proceeds to tell me the story about the one "just like this" that he had, but sold, all those years ago. I guess I'm the exception. I kept mine. ;)

The rough ride? The extreme loudness? The smell of fuel? Do I find those a negative? Not on your life. From driving this car for 45 years, to performing all maintenance, repairs and the complete body-off rebuild. I am at one with the beast, and the beast is in me. By now, it's hard to even think of being without it. The beauty of its age and the era it came from speaks to the greatness of the design and the vision of the designers and engineers. While driving, I am completely in touch with every movement, aware of the complete utilitarian feedback from the experience and at one with Zora. There is no similar feeling. It's as close to driving a stripped out, all-out racer as you can get on the street.

I recognize and salute the beauty and performance of later Corvettes. I'll be keeping this one. :D

GREAT write up :canada:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.