Feb 15, 2012
Wellesley,ON
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
After having my car getting showered with stones on the way to Milford, I decided that when I got back to my hotel that I was going to wash my ride. The problem is that it's a hotel and not having a hose and travelling up and down stairs with pails of water is not really ideal. So I opted for this;
eve2ave6.jpg

I have to say that it works really well. I was dealing with full sun and it was so easy to use. I detailed it with some Surf City Garage Detailer as I'm out of Adam's.
jyjejutu.jpg

Works awesome! Big fan! Very comparable to the Adam's Detailer. Highly recommended.
On a side note, I did pick up some Adam's Waterless Wash. I haven't used it yet. If it's as good as their detailer it should be amazing. I'll keep you posted.
qe9ydana.jpg
ybyde9y9.jpg
gutyde6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

LSX.. Nice shine you got going there.

I seldom wash my '75 with soap & water...only if it is really dirty/gritty.
Most times I use a dri-wash product. I've been using it for 15+years.
It still stands out... Nb: my '75 is black lacquer NO clear and it comes up deep shiny.
I just bought my '03 black vert and have decided to use dri-wash and see how it works on a base/clear paint product.

This paint is 25 years old.

Graham

LSX.. Nice shine you got going there.

I seldom wash my '75 with soap & water...only if it is really dirty/gritty.
Most times I use a dri-wash product. I've been using it for 15+years.
It still stands out... Nb: my '75 is black lacquer NO clear and it comes up deep shiny.
I just bought my '03 black vert and have decided to use dri-wash and see how it works on a base/clear paint product.

This paint is 25 years old.

Graham

Wow! Your cars look great! I'll have to look into some of that while I'm here. Your '75 looks incredible!

VR... It took me a long time to be convinced to walk up to a dirty black car, spray on a product and then START WIPING...!!!! Are kidding me?
URL=http://s216.photobucket.com/user/nascarmonte/media/Corvette/IMG_00001161_zpse6bb0017.jpg.html]
IMG_00001161_zpse6bb0017.jpg
[/URL]
But after I saw results I kept it up..
A couple of things to mention with the dri-wash type products...
(1) You have to pick this method OR the waxing method. I find the two don't mix... The dri-wash products are cleaners and will 'remove' waxes and such.
I usually use a feather duster on the car before dri-washing to remove anything abrasive on the surface.
(2) Dri-washes aren't really meant for daily driver cars. Pretty expensive.
I'm also concerned that dri-wash procedures don't provide the paint protection(UV etc) required for parking outdoors.

The detailer products that LSX used are great products that produce results.
Just look at LSX's car!

Graham
Disclaimer::. I don't work for or sell dri-wash products...

Last edited:
How is it possible to do this without scratching? How light of pressure do u use? I have an older black car and am tempted

HespelerC4, the Adam's rep at Lingenfelter showed me a technique to use with towels. Instead of folding it into quarters (like I always do), with this product (or other waterless products) fold the towel into quarters and then one last time onto itself. Spray the area you are going to clean liberally with the product you are using. Gently, with light pressure run the towel over the area. You will quickly see a "dirt line" using the same side of the towel, flip to the clean side and repeat. Eventually you will be using all sides of the towel. If this is too confusing then I will take pics and show you what I mean. It really is pretty easy. My Vette is not a "show car", but a daily driver and an occasional track car (road coarse). My paint is less than perfect, but I still want it to look great, and I love a clean, shiny car. I think the results speak for themselves. I took a huge chance, but living out of a hotel for 2 months left me no choice. I think I'll be saving the water for the big jobs.

Okay, so here's a quick step by step with pics.

Step 1, is a dirty car.
ydere7us.jpg

Step 2, fold you microfiber towel into quarters and then one more time onto itself.
ry4yju2y.jpg

zahe8abu.jpg

Step 3, apply product to car. Apply liberal amounts of product.
uhugu6ap.jpg

Step 4, gently wipe off product in a straight line using one edge of your towel. Your towel should look something like this.
u5a6yvaz.jpg

Step 5, rotate towel to other edge (same face though) and repeat Step 4. Your towel should look like this.
ru7u3enu.jpg

Step 6, using a clean face of your towel, lightly buff product off. If necessary mist a little more product. Repeat these steps until your car is clean. If content with the outcome then you are done. If not, then go over your car with your favorite spray detailer.

I just quickly did a section on my rear bumper cover to show the steps. It should look shiny like this when finished.
5u2y4e8a.jpg

Hope this helps and makes your lives a lot easier when it comes to car cleaning. Enjoy.
LSXtasy.

My issue is using ANY spray-on product....

it gets down into the cracks and crevices, and is difficult/impossible to remove.

So I merely spray my product on a cloth, and then wipe it on the car.
Of course, I also wash/dry the car first.

My issue is using ANY spray-on product....

it gets down into the cracks and crevices, and is difficult/impossible to remove.

So I merely spray my product on a cloth, and then wipe it on the car.
Of course, I also wash/dry the car first.

For sure, I agree it could be messy, but if you just do a small section at a time it works out really well. I'm stuck at a hotel so washing I traditional way is out of the question.
I'm not saying that I'll never wash my car with water again. That's not my point at all. I happened to find a couple of products from reputable companies that actually work, am wanted to share my findings/experience with fellow forum members.

Well I bought some waterless wash on the weekend. So anxious to try it when my teenager said he was going to the show I said take the vette. He looked at me like I had lost my mind and said " but it's raining" . Lol.

Hahaha! Awesome to hear HespelerC4! If you are in doubt Adam's has videos on how to use their product on YouTube( I was lucky enough to have a rep at Lingenfelter show me), as I'm sure Meguair's does too. On a side note, Adam's does make a special waffle knit microfiber towel for the waterless wash to help move contaminants into the towel.
All the best! Post some pics, and tell us how it went.

No prob, RileyP. I thought it be helpful for the members that frequent car shows and need a quick solution, or are stuck at a hotel (say maybe at the next Woodward Dream Cruise ), or like you said the car is dirty but just not enough to warrant a full wash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.