I would imagine that Manny can tell you what good, positive, free publicity can do for business. The internet can make your business or break it just as easily. I know when I get good service I pass it on every bit as quickly as I do when I have a bad experience. Always let them know first so that they are able to correct the problem. Then pass the bad news around. I watched Eric Jackson on the Yenko.net web site for a couple of years. Not a single complaint. He got three of my 4346 Holley carbs to restore. While expensive, they do come back factory fresh and tested. Same with Manny. He's only done one small job for us but, again, no complaints here. For us, we would rather go the extra distance knowing that the job will be done right. I could have the work done locally but couldn't be sure that it would be done satisfactorily. There's nothing like a good reputation to guarantee business. Smart business people understand that.

Last edited:
Good mornign Keith,

I totally agree with your thoughts and experiences. I have picked up agronomy work from people and companies I've never had dealings with in the past because they were looking for someoen in this area and others passed my name on and it generated work for me. Nothing is more valuable to me than my reputation in this field of work. After working hard for 20 years to build a good name for myself it is good to experience first hand how it can work for you. Likewise I know other agronomists who wouldn't be hired to cut someones lawn due to work they've carried out!! So you're right, one's reputation can both help or hinder you in life.............

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
Good to know hear Garry! I was just surprised at their use of the word "escalated" as if they were planning on completing the claim the whole time but because of your concern, they have "escalated" the process for you. :D

I'd rather their letter read "Sorry for the lack of response on our part and thank you for keeping us aware of this issue. Those responsible have been fired as they suck. Your claim is now getting taken care of. Thank you for your business and we sincerely apologize for all the trouble we have caused you."

That is what I hoped they would have said. :D

Good morning Riley,

Just going out the door to rate canola seed color change at Donnelly Corner. The AC is fixed in the 4750 and mom and dad are going to swath canola on the Homestead - kind of cool that we have the piece of land that my grandfather owned when he came here in 1928 from Rumania.

Yes, it would be nice if Livingston International took that sore of responsibility and made amends like that to me. We'll see in about four hours, I'll be able to let everyone know then what "the low down on the hoe down is..........."

Wow I've put 15,000 km on the Z06 since April last year!! I do love driving that car!

Cheers,

Garry

Good afternoon,

it is over and to give credit where it is due my hat off to Mr. Santini. I posted this on a new thread but thought I should also post it here as well so that followers would be aware of how it was concluded.........

Cheers,

Garry

"Good afternoon everyone,

I wasn't sure if I should post this on the original thread or if I should start a new one.

Firstly thanks for Riley for having this forum and for everyone who encouraged me not to give up on this and to stick to my guns.

I just got off the phone with Mr. Santini and he said that it was a mistake in procedure, I probably don't need to bore you with the contents or details but the outcome.

Mr. Santini is going to contact my choice of autobody shops and they will be billing him directly for the repairs to both scratch sites. I have to pay nothing, no deductable applies etc.

A pity that it had to go this far and this long but sometimes the people up the chain of command have to step in to make sure that while there is a policy in place, it doesn't always apply to each claims case and individual attention needs to be given to some situations every once in a while and that my claim is one of these.

I feel at peace and am pleased with how promptly and properly I was treated by Mr. Santini and that he serves as a credit as to how customer service ought to be conducted.

I'll let you know later next week when the car goes for its repairs........

Cheers,

Garry"

Good to hear, but sorry it had to take so much energy. These guys are still in tough for my business, as things like this ought to be dealt with properly the first time, or fifth, or sixth.

Regardless, they can still salvage their reputation, and time will heal all wounds as well. Glad Mr. santino has a decent sense of business.

vine.

Never would have happened without the backing of my Corvette family!! The outcome belongs to us all for participating and supporting...........

Cheers,

Garry

Yeah we're here to help Garry as much as we can.....but the real impetus behind your solution was your stick-to-it-iveness......and kudos for having it my friend.
As you've read, most would have just given up in disgust and sucked up the loss.....but you stuck to it and we're proud of you for doing so -- Your success will help improve Livingston for everyone's benefit.

Thanks for sharing your story.....and enjoy the bumper harvest. Albertans are all over the news right now with tales of a joyous harvest this year.

At last a decent crop to tide you thru some leaner years. -- congrats on sticking with that too: we're a hungry bunch . :D

Cheers,
Colin

Good morning Colin,

I have not had seat time since Friday. Thank goodness for having to get my son from school as it means I get to drive and when the weather is nice as it was on Friday I take the Z06. Even his grade 3 teacher when she came outside saw it and called out "Fancy car!!".

It is a relief to have this situation over with. It was something that really annoyed me and was making me more PO'ed as time went on as it should have been such an easy problem to resolve. But over it is thankfully. I hope as with other things I've posted it may help others who find themselves in a similar situation and that I may be able to encourage them to see it though to the end. It would be great to think that there would be some policy changes/improvements at Livingston International as a result of my situation. Sometimes policy is unflexable and an unusual situation shows how it needs to be modified to be better for the customer and company - nice to be able to think that this might have been the situation!!

I missed my run/race yesterday but that is OK as to drive 2 hours during harvesting time and based on the results to have finished 18th of 21 and 9th in my division is hot something I'd have been happy about - but 3 1/2 horus driving the Z06 might have helped to make up for that!!!

The crop is a really hard one to get a grip on, the swaths are very big indeed but I am not sure about the volume of seed. I won't know that until combining. But it sure looks great when you are tramping the swath with the rear wheels of the swather and the wheels of the swath roller!!

We didn't get field #6 done last night, cousin Brad had some problems throughout the day with the one swather but but gf did good until she got tired around 6 and then mom came out and we worked until 9 when there was a rush of cool air and condensation and we couldn't get the windows to clear so we could see what we were doing, plus it was dark and the lights are not that good. But an hour to finish this field and then back out to the one we were swathing last Monday to finish it off and then swathing is over.

But you really get a feel for luck we have been when we've had this 7 to 10 day period of mid 20's or high temperatures and the normal high is 15 above!!!!!

Wednesday is bin moving day after an abortive effort to do that on the 13th. It will be nice to have that job done and more storage capacity available as I sure hope to be in need of it!! Not that I'll be running out to get a C4 and sadly Manny is too far away for things like a camshaft upgrade. I'm not sure what else I could ever do to the Z06 at this point!!

Pitch black out but I'd better get my mining light on and get outside, this will be the norm in the morning now for the next 4 to 5 months and I need to adjust and get used to it........

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread