First you ask a dealer to put your name on their wait list, you could do this with multiple dealers, just make sure if they require a deposit that it is refundable. It could take up to two years before you put your order in specifying all the options you want. Once you put your order in your car should arrive in 3 to 6 months. I hope by the time you have to put your order in that constraints are no longer an issue, however, if constraints are still an issue you could delay your order. For color choices you will always be at the mercy of GM. I am hearing more and more that C8's are starting to be available in the USA on dealer lots at MSRP. This would indicate that the USA market is starting to reach a balance between supply and demand. I am hoping that once the USA reaches a balance that GM will start allocating more C8's to Canada as we still have huge demand. Used C8 prices are slowly declining and there are many for sale, so maybe within two years you can find the perfect low mileage used C8 for sale at MSRP or even lower. Good luck.

First you ask a dealer to put your name on their wait list, you could do this with multiple dealers, just make sure if they require a deposit that it is refundable. It could take up to two years before you put your order in specifying all the options you want. Once you put your order in your car should arrive in 3 to 6 months. I hope by the time you have to put your order in that constraints are no longer an issue, however, if constraints are still an issue you could delay your order. For color choices you will always be at the mercy of GM. I am hearing more and more that C8's are starting to be available in the USA on dealer lots at MSRP. This would indicate that the USA market is starting to reach a balance between supply and demand. I am hoping that once the USA reaches a balance that GM will start allocating more C8's to Canada as we still have huge demand. Used C8 prices are slowly declining and there are many for sale, so maybe within two years you can find the perfect low mileage used C8 for sale at MSRP or even lower. Good luck.
I don’t think there will ever be used C8 bellow its original MSRP while C8s are still in production. Demand in US is years away from being “normal”. Demand in Canada doubled last 18 months because half of Canadian allocations went to Europe, Australia and Asia.

l jumped on the band wagon as soon as l saw the C8 in 2019 took me 18 months from Tracy Wilks at Cullen Niagra He was above board about everything 18 months . and is the first and only car salesman that l will call a friend . A graet guy welcome at my crib any time .

Reactions: Red Devil
Over 50 guys on the list at Capital. You will not get a 2023, but will be in line for a 2024. Problem is another price hike.
2021-2022 = $6000 higher.
2022-2023 = $6000 higher.
2023-2024 = $6-7000 higher. Mine just arrived a Capital and I'm waiting for nice weather mid march to bring it home.

Reactions: dyoung
I expect no later than 18 months at Capital. I'd never recommend "Shag" (Shaganappi GM): I ran into a very pleased brand new C8 owner about a year ago who told me he picked up his new wheels after cruising the internet...saw it online at "Shag" and bought it the next day. When I asked how much over MSRP he paid, he said "zero". He said they told him his "window sticker price" (the paper that comes with the car and gives a breakdown of options/pricing) was increased due to all the options the dealer added onto the car, which made up the difference and resulted in the higher "MSRP". I then questioned if he had this, this, this, etc. for an option and was told no, no, no... I then looked at his car and he had very few options, which meant he paid around $25,000 to $30,000 over MSRP and didn't have a clue. He'd never owned a Corvette before, never done any research, never belonged to any car clubs or checked out any Forums on the Web. I strongly recommended he join a Corvette club/Forum and didn't have the heart to tell him he'd been misinformed...

I bought my 2020 C8 from Craig at Capital and can personally recommend him/them. I've heard nothing but good things about Jack Carter so expect you'd be OK with them. I'd suggest getting on a list with both, to maximize your chances of getting a C8 sooner. Keep in mind that once on a list, if they get an allocation that's turned down, they usually go down the list and offer it to someone else, increasing your chances.

And you're already ahead of the game by referencing these Forums, proving you're far smarter than me (lol). When I first went shopping for the "soon-to-arrive C8" in 2019, I thought that all GM dealers would get the same Corvette allocations. By the time I was told otherwise, I missed getting on the appropriate lists with those who not only get them in greater numbers, but service them and have the qualified techs trained/experienced to do so. Keep that in mind after you get your C8...not all GM dealers will treat your C8 the same...

Aside from that, as others have said, get on the phone and put in the time to research and find "the deal". And don't be afraid to ship your car any distance, if that means getting one sooner. You'll find it well worth it to get behind the wheel sooner. If you're serious, these efforts will be handsomely rewarded. Good luck!
Just an update: I reached out to Craig at Capital. The deposit of $2,500 to get on the waitlist caught me a bit off-guard but it is refundable. I just wish they had some sort of contract that I could sign saying the same. I will get a receipt and perhaps request the dealership to send an email saying they have accepted the $2,500 deposit which is refundable. Any other tips or trick you recommend to make sure it is protected?

Over 50 guys on the list at Capital. You will not get a 2023, but will be in line for a 2024. Problem is another price hike.
2021-2022 = $6000 higher.
2022-2023 = $6000 higher.
2023-2024 = $6-7000 higher. Mine just arrived a Capital and I'm waiting for nice weather mid march to bring it home.
How was your experience at Capital? Everyone has good things to say about them.

Good point, I had not considered a price hike. It is what it is I guess. If we were worried about making bad financial decisions, we wouldn't be here in the first place, haha!

Reactions: rockitman
Just an update: I reached out to Craig at Capital. The deposit of $2,500 to get on the waitlist caught me a bit off-guard but it is refundable. I just wish they had some sort of contract that I could sign saying the same. I will get a receipt and perhaps request the dealership to send an email saying they have accepted the $2,500 deposit which is refundable. Any other tips or trick you recommend to make sure it is protected?

Just send an email confirming your conversation and ask they confirm. However, they’ll refund your deposit until after your allocation and you’ve placed your order. Most all dealers do and Capital is better than most. Keep us posted and good luck getting a quick allocation!

Capital has been very good and Graig is great to deal with. He has kept me informed as to when the order when in, the week it was to be built and then an email stating "Guess what just arrived". They were one of 4 dealers I called to be on their list, but have not heard from the others. Don't worry about the refundable deposit as it means your on the list. I lucked out with my order.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.