VroomVroom

Casual User
Feb 19, 2023
VetteCoins
Province
AB
Hey all, I just visited the largest GM dealership in Calgary to factory order a C8 and was told the wait time is 3-4 years in total. Is that really the case? For those in the market right now, what’s your experience been?

if you want something common like a 2lt and maybe non-z51 it can be a few months to find a car that someone did not take
call around to many dealerships and see what they say
some have allocations coming up soon that are unfilled

but review many other threads about how to protect your deposit and communicate with the dealership

welcome to the journey

Reactions: VroomVroom
Hey all, I just visited the largest GM dealership in Calgary to factory order a C8 and was told the wait time is 3-4 years in total. Is that really the case? For those in the market right now, what’s your experience been?
I believe you have been told correctly for your location. Top 3 corvette dealers by allocations are all in southern Ontario and their wait times are about 2 years.

if you want something common like a 2lt and maybe non-z51 it can be a few months to find a car that someone did not take

but review many other threads about how to protect your deposit and communicate with the dealership

welcome to the journey
that's an option, but I think OP wants to custom order his exact spec

Reactions: VroomVroom
I believe you have been told correctly for your location. Top 3 corvette dealers by allocations are all in southern Ontario and their wait times are about 2 years.

welcome to the journey
Thanks for the reply. I will call around.

CMP is part of the Kaizen Group which includes CMP, Shaw and Okotoks and yes they are the largest in Calgary. Key word..........they are "not" the largest "Corvette" dealership in Calgary. Carters is number one followed by Shag and Capital for corvette sales and allocations. I just texted my salesman...18 months for stingray at Carters.

CMP is part of the Kaizen Group which includes CMP, Shaw and Okotoks and yes they are the largest in Calgary. Key word..........they are "not" the largest "Corvette" dealership in Calgary. Carters is number one followed by Shag and Capital for corvette sales and allocations. I just texted my salesman...18 months for stingray at Carters.
I appreciate it. Will give them a call.

Get on the phone and if you have flexibility in colours and options, you could own one in a few weeks. Reach out to dealers from Manitoba to BC and tell them you will take virtually anything that somebody walks away from. Keep it and trade it on your dream order when your number comes up.

As well there are used ones out there you could own by Monday. Same deal, drive it, order one, trade it.

Reactions: Sturmgewehr
I expect no later than 18 months at Capital. I'd never recommend "Shag" (Shaganappi GM): I ran into a very pleased brand new C8 owner about a year ago who told me he picked up his new wheels after cruising the internet...saw it online at "Shag" and bought it the next day. When I asked how much over MSRP he paid, he said "zero". He said they told him his "window sticker price" (the paper that comes with the car and gives a breakdown of options/pricing) was increased due to all the options the dealer added onto the car, which made up the difference and resulted in the higher "MSRP". I then questioned if he had this, this, this, etc. for an option and was told no, no, no... I then looked at his car and he had very few options, which meant he paid around $25,000 to $30,000 over MSRP and didn't have a clue. He'd never owned a Corvette before, never done any research, never belonged to any car clubs or checked out any Forums on the Web. I strongly recommended he join a Corvette club/Forum and didn't have the heart to tell him he'd been misinformed...

I bought my 2020 C8 from Craig at Capital and can personally recommend him/them. I've heard nothing but good things about Jack Carter so expect you'd be OK with them. I'd suggest getting on a list with both, to maximize your chances of getting a C8 sooner. Keep in mind that once on a list, if they get an allocation that's turned down, they usually go down the list and offer it to someone else, increasing your chances.

And you're already ahead of the game by referencing these Forums, proving you're far smarter than me (lol). When I first went shopping for the "soon-to-arrive C8" in 2019, I thought that all GM dealers would get the same Corvette allocations. By the time I was told otherwise, I missed getting on the appropriate lists with those who not only get them in greater numbers, but service them and have the qualified techs trained/experienced to do so. Keep that in mind after you get your C8...not all GM dealers will treat your C8 the same...

Aside from that, as others have said, get on the phone and put in the time to research and find "the deal". And don't be afraid to ship your car any distance, if that means getting one sooner. You'll find it well worth it to get behind the wheel sooner. If you're serious, these efforts will be handsomely rewarded. Good luck!

Reactions: DavidWG
I appreciate it. Will give them a call.
I agree about Shag. I didn't want my thoughts in writing. I think Capital is good also. They do have a list I suspect but they do get cars. A friend approached them in March last year and received a car in June. Not sure how he got a car but he was extremely happy.

I agree about Shag. I didn't want my thoughts in writing. I think Capital is good also. They do have a list I suspect but they do get cars. A friend approached them in March last year and received a car in June. Not sure how he got a car but he was extremely happy.

I know but in any defamation/slander action, "truth" is an absolute defence...plus I wanted to warn VroomVroom and others...

I trust that after all this effort/help, VroomVroom will keep us posted so we can all eventually celebrate him getting a C8.

I expect no later than 18 months at Capital. I'd never recommend "Shag" (Shaganappi GM): I ran into a very pleased brand new C8 owner about a year ago who told me he picked up his new wheels after cruising the internet...saw it online at "Shag" and bought it the next day. When I asked how much over MSRP he paid, he said "zero". He said they told him his "window sticker price" (the paper that comes with the car and gives a breakdown of options/pricing) was increased due to all the options the dealer added onto the car, which made up the difference and resulted in the higher "MSRP". I then questioned if he had this, this, this, etc. for an option and was told no, no, no... I then looked at his car and he had very few options, which meant he paid around $25,000 to $30,000 over MSRP and didn't have a clue. He'd never owned a Corvette before, never done any research, never belonged to any car clubs or checked out any Forums on the Web. I strongly recommended he join a Corvette club/Forum and didn't have the heart to tell him he'd been misinformed...

I bought my 2020 C8 from Craig at Capital and can personally recommend him/them. I've heard nothing but good things about Jack Carter so expect you'd be OK with them. I'd suggest getting on a list with both, to maximize your chances of getting a C8 sooner. Keep in mind that once on a list, if they get an allocation that's turned down, they usually go down the list and offer it to someone else, increasing your chances.

And you're already ahead of the game by referencing these Forums, proving you're far smarter than me (lol). When I first went shopping for the "soon-to-arrive C8" in 2019, I thought that all GM dealers would get the same Corvette allocations. By the time I was told otherwise, I missed getting on the appropriate lists with those who not only get them in greater numbers, but service them and have the qualified techs trained/experienced to do so. Keep that in mind after you get your C8...not all GM dealers will treat your C8 the same...

Aside from that, as others have said, get on the phone and put in the time to research and find "the deal". And don't be afraid to ship your car any distance, if that means getting one sooner. You'll find it well worth it to get behind the wheel sooner. If you're serious, these efforts will be handsomely rewarded. Good luck!
Thank you for the options. I will stay clear of Shag. Y'all are awesome on this forum. I was not expecting this level of engagement.

• Winner
Reactions: Nik and Rruuff Day
I would definitely start phoning around. I was curious as to how non GM dealers ended up with so many new cars and it does appear that quite a few are not purchased once ordered so they leap in and buy them. I see there are a few listed out your way by dealers as well and may be available. We have heard a few stories like that on these forums in the past couple years.
Good luck and welcome to the C8 world.

I like Cariboocreek's idea of buying now while waiting for your build to start. I might just do that myself. However, if the used market shits the bed during that time (likely) you're going to lose at bit on that deal. But, as mentioned, life is short. Your saving grace might be that new prices follow the used market and stabilize by that time. I know, wishful thinking, but no one knows for sure. Wish I had a crystal ball.....

Vancouver I am still hearing 2 years and some large dealerships are not even taking orders. With constraints on some items its really difficult to tell when your specific order will be delivered. I hate the idea of chossing options based on what might be available in 24 months. GM may even drop a color you wanted (if low demand).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.