CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Had a very close call driving back from Manny's this morning about 10:30.
Not much traffic and just coming back into town, clear sunny conditions, I'm driving along at the speed limit (60kph) -- got within about 25 feet of a fella waiting to turn left, and he has a brain fart -- he starts to turn and at the last second he woke up and stopped.

I missed him by mere inches and even with the new brakes Manny just installed I doubt very much that I would have been able to stop.

I know we all have 'spells' like that, and I'm certainly no exception, so I can't really complain but wow -- that was soooo close.:eek:
My heart was pounding all the rest of the way home.

I guess it just wasn't 'my time'.

Stay safe folks -- and don't forget to say your prayers.:D

Colin

Your watchdogs were riding with you Colin. Scary when that happens.

Thankfully it was a positive outcome. Every once in a while you have to use those well honed driving skills when something happens. Glad it turned out alright.

This exact same scenario happened to me and my AMX a year ago... only the distance was closer and the impact unavoidable. :eek:

Silver Wheels/Hagerty saved the day. The car was written off but I took a stack of cash and the buyback deal. Ended up with the car better than it was and a few dollars left in my pocket after all was done.

Now it did take all Winter for me to finish sourcing decent parts at a good price.

David

very close to losing my c4 - at first i thought this might have been about the repo man !!! :eek: just kidding :D good job colin, glad you had yer wits about you and we're talkin' about a close call and not something worse.

LOL, nah, right now I'm still 'solvent' -- tho not sure how long that will last.:(

I think the incident today was more a result of some very special help from the big guy upstairs.
Either way it's a real 'wake up call'. I sure didn't beat the 'Grim Reaper' by much.

C.

This exact same scenario happened to me and my AMX a year ago... only the distance was closer and the impact unavoidable. :eek:

Silver Wheels/Hagerty saved the day. The car was written off but I took a stack of cash and the buyback deal. Ended up with the car better than it was and a few dollars left in my pocket after all was done.

Now it did take all Winter for me to finish sourcing decent parts at a good price.

David

Glad you made it thru that horror show David. Sure is hard to look at. Must have broke your heart for that beauty to get all bent up .......... but you brought it back to life. That's nice to hear.

Cheers,
Colin.

Last edited:
Good evening Colin,

Glad to hear that outside of a quickening of the heart that was all that came of it!

Someone up there obviously loves you, or Corvettes or hopefully both!

My explanation of when I avoid situations liek that is apparently the Greeks had an expression - "The Gods Look After The Fools". It doesn't apply to your situation but sure has happened to me enough in my life!

Stay safe!

Cheers,

Garry

Colin, sure glad nothing happened to you or the car. It teaches you one thing when something like that happenes, besides driving your own car you have to be driving for the others around you. Always expect the unexpected to happen.
Al..

Colin, sure glad nothing happened to you or the car. It teaches you one thing when something like that happenes, besides driving your own car you have to be driving for the others around you. Always expect the unexpected to happen.
Al..

... and always try to be in a Corvette, because as well as go real good, they stop better than most other cars!! :D
David

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.