While in A7 mode and approaching a hill, use the paddle to downshift 1 gear. The 4 mode will switch to 8 immediately. The paddles are a great driving tool even when the gear selector is in full auto mode. Use the left paddle to downshift progressively coming into a stop with track exhaust turned on - who-hoo what a sound. Approaching a stop or fast turn, hold the downshift paddle for 2 seconds and the tranny moves to the lowest gear possible for that speed. Again - what a thrilling sound and feel. Hold the upshift paddle for 2 seconds and the tranny returns to full auto mode. Lots to play with there and adds to the JOY of driving the A8.
I was not aware of the “holding the paddleshift” attributes. I will need to test that now 🤓
The A8 paddleshifts were excellent on my going-to-the-sun road experience while on the lengthy decent and not having to use the brake at all while Vehicles ahead were constantly braking due to the steep grade.

The two second downshift is a lot of fun around town and sounds just like selecting second gear after the long straight away in a M7 at Spring Mountain. Sure turns heads on major city streets :Smuggrin: but I don't do it in my local neighbourhood. If the car is at a lower speed, it will shift to 1st gear and wind up the tack. Total blood rush! Have fun playing with it Spence.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.