Thanks. The car is still under warranty and I am trying to get opinions to submit to the dealer. They seem to be at a loss as to how to correct my problem.

My car never changes from V8 to V4 mode because I never use Eco.. You can get an aftermarket gizmo if you like or just never turn the dial to Eco. Problem solved. JMO

Reactions: lebivette
My car never changes from V8 to V4 mode because I never use Eco.. You can get an aftermarket gizmo if you like or just never turn the dial to Eco. Problem solved. JMO
Eric, this only works on the manual cars. The Automatic goes into V4 mode whenever it's under light load, regards of mode settings.

Reactions: Brian and Vegas1500
Eric, this only works on the manual cars. The Automatic goes into V4 mode whenever it's under light load, regards of mode settings.
Ouch. I did not know this. That's sorta weird actually. Surely GM engineers could have run the V4 switch over through the Eco mode. So what does Eco mode do when you turn the knob to Eco? Or do you even have an Eco control setting in an auto?

Reactions: lebivette
I guess the Range device is the answer unless I keep the car in manual mode and shift gears. Anyone know if the dealer (GM) can disable this feature through the ECM??

Range Technologies will no longer ship to Canada.

I had to use another supplier on Amazon to get my 2nd one.

Jerry would like to have this solved by GM.

So places the problem could be are torque tube, torque converter, transmission....and who knows what else.

Range Technologies will no longer ship to Canada.

I had to use another supplier on Amazon to get my 2nd one.

Jerry would like to have this solved by GM.

So places the problem could be are torque tube, torque converter, transmission....and who knows what else.
do u really think gm will make any reasonable attempt to solve this problem

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I guess the Range device is the answer unless I keep the car in manual mode and shift gears. Anyone know if the dealer (GM) can disable this feature through the ECM??

GM will not disable it for you.

Range device will need to be bought through a 3rd party, be careful with Amazon vendors they can be selling older versions.

I did not say you could not get them in Canada, just Range does not sell directly to Canadian consumers any longer.

I bought mine in Canada as well.
just for the record I did not contradict you
There is a non-Amazon vendor in Canada, that is all
we are both in agreement and both just trying to help
sometimes clarification or additional info comes acr as something different
and yes I like to joke around a lot, makes people smile

Just an update. Talked to the dealer yesterday and the told me they can not disable the V4 to V8 option and they also directed me to the aftermarket Range unit. Will look into it. Any problems with this unit once you plug it into the car??

Just an update. Talked to the dealer yesterday and the told me they can not disable the V4 to V8 option and they also directed me to the aftermarket Range unit. Will look into it. Any problems with this unit once you plug it into the car??
no problems at all
get the latest version
‘quicker acceleration as no hesitation
no tach bounce
does not leave a trail when you take car in for maintenance
there is only 1 drawback that I know of

WHY DID CHEV NOT FIX THE DARN PROBLEM TO BEGIN WITH STUPID CLOWN SHOW ON THEIR CENTERPIECE CAR

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.