Aug 14, 2014
Vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 HTC
Province
BC
Hi Guys,

New to this forum. Glad I found it as a fellow Canadian in BC.

I have been waiting since last November 2013 for a C7 coupe.

I asked for WA8 and EFY, when I found out that we had to roll our order from 2014MY to 2015MY.

This is a Canadian car, and I am being told that the WA8 and EFY, two options I ordered are NOT available for Canada. (these RPO are available in the USA).

What is the truth in that? I thought the cars were homologated and all options were the same between Canada and USA now.

Don't ask me to ask Canadian GM customer service, cause they have no idea (already went that route).

Have there been any Canadian Spec 2015's built with WA8 and EFY.
Does anyone at GM or from one of the Dealers on this forum know, or can anyone check with their contact in production at the factory and let me know?

PS: This will be our 5th Corvette (had a 79, 93, 02, 06, and hopefully a 15 soon). This last one has been the biggest headache to deal with....

Thanks for your help!

PS: If anyone has a recently updated Canada order guide (maybe last month or 2), can you please point me to it? I would like to look and see if these RPOs are on it. Thanks. The May 2014 guide I have does not show these options, but they did not exist back then even in the USA, so the accuracy is suspect.

Last edited:
Hi carbuff!

Welcome to the forum!

I think the WA8 is available for Canada. Not sure about the EFY but I think that is also available.

I can check my Order Guide tomorrow morning and report back.

BTW in case the EFY is not available in Canada I think you will still be able to purchase those as accessories or order them as parts later so no need to go through the trouble of having them painted as it might be cheaper to just purchase these vents.

Hi Owais,

Thanks. I will wait to hear from you about the WA8 and EFY option availability.

I looked at aftermarket painted tail-light vents, and those bezels were close to $300 by themselves.
RPI Tail Light Trim Bezels - Pre-Painted (2014 Corvette) - Corvette C7 Tail Light Grilles
and hood was:
C7 Corvette Painted Hood Scoop Vent Insert
Another $225.

I figure the entire set would be north of $1000. And maybe not a good color match. I am guessing OEM will be 1.5-2x this amount. Ouch!

It is my understanding that the protective film has been discontinued in the US as well, and never came available up here. The colour keyed vents are not available as of yet in Canada, although I am sure that Owais is correct that they can be ordered through a dealer parts department and installed afterward. No promises on cost, however!

Last edited:
It is my understanding that the protective film has been discontinued in the US as well, and never came available up here. The colour keyed vents are not available as of yet in Canada, although I am sure that Owais is correct that they can be ordered through a dealer parts department and installed afterward. No promises on cost, however!

Interesting info about the film. We will see if Owais can confirm.

Hi carbuff!

I looked at my Gm Autobook today and I dont see the WA8 or the EFY listed.

I am pretty sure I had seen the WA8 a couple of weeks back but again may be I got confused with the US Order Guide.

And looks like the EFY was never offered in Canada as previously confirmed by ToVetteFan.

I read somewhere that there was a consistency issue with the WA8 option which resulted in the TPW of all WA8 orders to be pushed back by about 6-8 weeks. We didnt place any orders with that option so far so none of my orders got affected and therefore I dont have additional details if its just delayed or if its discontinued completely.

We will get another update to the GmAutoBook sometime tomorrow so maybe there will be more info by that time.

Hi carbuff!

I looked at my Gm Autobook today and I dont see the WA8 or the EFY listed.

I am pretty sure I had seen the WA8 a couple of weeks back but again may be I got confused with the US Order Guide.

And looks like the EFY was never offered in Canada as previously confirmed by ToVetteFan.

I read somewhere that there was a consistency issue with the WA8 option which resulted in the TPW of all WA8 orders to be pushed back by about 6-8 weeks. We didnt place any orders with that option so far so none of my orders got affected and therefore I dont have additional details if its just delayed or if its discontinued completely.

We will get another update to the GmAutoBook sometime tomorrow so maybe there will be more info by that time.

EFY is on constraint in the US, 0% availability, so it is possible that it will come to Canada once they have their supply issues sorted out. I have seen it mentioned repeatedly that WA8 is discontinued in the US, but it still shows on their Order Guide so not sure if this is accurate or not, but definitely not available in Canada at this time.

I remember reading that they were having a lot of issues with the Protective Film and were having a lot of redo's at the dealerships, so suspended the option.

I read a lot of people had to drop the option to get their orders.

:agree:

It still lists as available in the US, but I have heard that it won't get produced for the balance of the 2015 model year.

EFY is constrained and unavailable for production through the end of September, for sure....

Wow! Great info guys. Thanks a bunch!

Sounds like the wrap will be best done aftermarket, especially if it is not sitting right on the paint. It is tricky to apply, so not surprised. No problem.

But sure would like the EFY body color vents, one way or another.

Yes, Owais, please let me know if there are any updates to the GMAutoBook tomorrow regarding EFY. Will be interesting....Thanks!

Hi Owais,

Thanks. I will wait to hear from you about the WA8 and EFY option availability.

I looked at aftermarket painted tail-light vents, and those bezels were close to $300 by themselves.
RPI Tail Light Trim Bezels - Pre-Painted (2014 Corvette) - Corvette C7 Tail Light Grilles
and hood was:
C7 Corvette Painted Hood Scoop Vent Insert
Another $225.

I figure the entire set would be north of $1000. And maybe not a good color match. I am guessing OEM will be 1.5-2x this amount. Ouch!

Just to be clear, the price in the US for EFY is $995 from the factory, and for WA8 it was $1300, so not sure that either is a great way to go based on $$$ anyway. Options in Canada are usually 5% higher, so almost $2500 for the two if they were available up here... I think GM Canada is actually doing you a favour! :eek:

Got the latest update yesterday... and the WA8 and EFY are not listed as available options in Canada.

Also no prices and still nothing about Z06's.

Z06 pricing was released in the US yesterday and is lower than expected, but still nothing up here...

Got the latest update yesterday... and the WA8 and EFY are not listed as available options in Canada.

Also no prices and still nothing about Z06's.

I knew I had seen this somewhere...

Attachments

• Constraints early August.jpg
    Constraints early August.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 14
Questions regarding that...

1. Price protection. I ordered my car 26 Jul but was never given any pricing or guarantee. How do I even know if price protection was applied, or fight for it?

2. Pacific Package... Any word at all on pricing?

Oh and thanks much for posting that...would love to see updates.

Questions regarding that...

1. Price protection. I ordered my car 26 Jul but was never given any pricing or guarantee. How do I even know if price protection was applied, or fight for it?

2. Pacific Package... Any word at all on pricing?

Oh and thanks much for posting that...would love to see updates.

You are now eligible for price protection on your 2015 order, at the intro price released yesterday. If there was a future price increase on the 2015 model, before you received your car, you should be protected so long as the car was ordered as a sold unit, not stock, and had your correct information attached to the order..

No word on the Pacific package pricing as of yet...

Did anyone else notice that on the "leaked" order guide for Z06 the option WA8 is still there?

Looks like this option is only delayed at this time and will likely be made available later once issues have been resolved.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.