Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
For a car wash!

1707515244773.png

Gotta admit I couldn't resist and took her out for a good long drive on the weekend. Nice February bonus...but now I have the itch to be driving her full time again! Damn addictive car...:)
Yes agree so much fun to drive. Just rolled over the magic 805km mark yesterday so even more fun now. Time for WOT runs perhaps.

Yes agree so much fun to drive. Just rolled over the magic 805km mark yesterday so even more fun now. Time for WOT runs perhaps.
New Vehicle Break-In

Follow these recommended guidelines during the first 2 414 km (1,500 mi) of driving this vehicle.

Parts have a break-in period and performance will be better in the long run.

During the first 800 km (500 mi), engine torque will be limited in low gears.

For the first 322 km (200 mi):

• To break in new tires, drive at moderate speeds and avoid hard cornering.
  • New brake linings also need a break-in period. Avoid making hard stops. This is recommended every time brake linings are replaced.
For the first 800 km (500 mi):

• Avoid full throttle starts and abrupt stops.
  • Do not exceed 4000 rpm.
  • Avoid driving at any one constant speed, fast or slow, including the use of cruise control.
  • Avoid downshifting to brake or slow the vehicle when the engine speed will exceed 4000 rpm.
  • Do not let the engine labor. Never lug the engine. This rule applies at all times, not just during the break-in period.
For the first 2414 km (1,500 mi):

• Do not participate in track events, sport driving schools, or similar activities.
  • Check engine oil with every refueling and add if necessary. Oil and fuel consumption may be higher than normal.
    General Motors Corporation.

New Vehicle Break-In

Follow these recommended guidelines during the first 2 414 km (1,500 mi) of driving this vehicle.

Parts have a break-in period and performance will be better in the long run.

During the first 800 km (500 mi), engine torque will be limited in low gears.

For the first 322 km (200 mi):

• To break in new tires, drive at moderate speeds and avoid hard cornering.
  • New brake linings also need a break-in period. Avoid making hard stops. This is recommended every time brake linings are replaced.
For the first 800 km (500 mi):

• Avoid full throttle starts and abrupt stops.
  • Do not exceed 4000 rpm.
  • Avoid driving at any one constant speed, fast or slow, including the use of cruise control.
  • Avoid downshifting to brake or slow the vehicle when the engine speed will exceed 4000 rpm.
  • Do not let the engine labor. Never lug the engine. This rule applies at all times, not just during the break-in period.
For the first 2414 km (1,500 mi):

• Do not participate in track events, sport driving schools, or similar activities.
  • Check engine oil with every refueling and add if necessary. Oil and fuel consumption may be higher than normal.
    General Motors Corporation.
yes the guidelines have been discussed on this site at length

to clarify...Yukon is wonderful they loved it. what I meant is I feel for you when winter comes and you probably will not be able to enjoy the GREY beauty you have on order
NWT actually. Much closer to civilization. Be interesting to know just how many owners don’t store theirs and how many days during the winter they actually get to drive them. Other than Jack that is . I very much doubt that there are many on the road in Nova Scotia right now. I may be tempted to drive here in the winter as there is no salt used and the roads pack down pretty flat but they do spread fine gravel and sand which tends to get thrown around. Also it’s not really great for vehicles to be started and run at 30 and 40 below. Although I do drive my truck in those conditions. And yes, the Yukon is pretty amazing as is a lot of Northern Canada contrary to what I think a lot of people who have never been here imagine.

Well we just don't drive when there is snow on the road. We aren't in the banana belt like jack and Denis, but we do drive it much of the winter.
Seems to be more of those days in southern Canada each year. Our roads were clear here by about the last week of April last year so not so bad. Fingers crossed for this year although I will be flying to Edmonton to pick up the car and may go the middle of April and tool around down there for a while before coming home as they will be clear of snow before then. Sim rig until then.