What are your thoughts on the transparent roof? Worth the money?

I bought and sold mine but many love them. Just didn’t want 3 roofs. But yes if you enjoy the experience it’s a good quality for a decent price new and there are used ones around for less. Just make sure they are not scratched up too deep and have the upgrade done on the lockdown pins (14 through Early 16 cars required this) You are looking for white pins if you buy used. Lots of google info on this.
You should get plenty of feedback. 👍

Last edited:
I have a transparent panel and enjoy it for drives where views above are as spectacular as through the windshield. Went transparent from Calgary to Winnipeg (MITM) and back through the Northern States for the Going to the Sun Road … Awesome.
It helps on those very sunny days where getting sunburned might be an issue when going topless. My C7
has a solid colour panel and I also picked up a used exposed carbon fibre panel. Should you get two panels, I would recommend the GM accessory storage bag for your spare panel - it protects the panel really well when leaving it behind for when you need the extra space under the back hatch on a trip.
As far as "worth the money" … it's a personal call for what one considers "worthy".
Our second C7 came with two panels (solid & transparent).

Last edited:
Reactions: drvette
Thx, I didn’t order 1 with the car. Might try to get a used 1

You made the right choice, personally I wouldn't bother with it.
When I bought my 2015 had no choice but to get the transparent roof, as the colour roof was on constraint. Found that on long drives the sun shining through became uncomfortable for both of us, finally got a linear for it and never removed it. The car does get hotter when sitting in the sun and on hot days even with the A/C on we found it a bit warm inside while cruising.

That’s a different take, I had been looking at mostly from a cosmetic stance...

Purely from a cosmetic stance, the colour match with exposed carbon fiber roof is by far the nicest looking roof. I have both the exposed CF and the Lexan for my DSOM. Have had the Lexan on once and easily decided the CF looks way better. I had both the Lexan and the painted roof for my C6 and never had the painted roof on once. But that exposed CF roof looks so sweet. Here's what it would look like on yours.
Plus it's only half the weight of the Lexan roof.

1549419491162.png

Purely from a cosmetic stance, the colour match with exposed carbon fiber roof is by far the nicest looking roof. I have both the exposed CF and the Lexan for my DSOM. Have had the Lexan on once and easily decided the CF looks way better. I had both the Lexan and the painted roof for my C6 and never had the painted roof on once. But that exposed CF roof looks so sweet. Here's what it would look like on yours.
Plus it's only half the weight of the Lexan roof.

View attachment 23529
Oh no!!!!!!!!!! I really like that,

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I chose to hunt and found an exposed carbon fibre roof panel with Black Painted Rails that match and look continuous with the windshield A pillar. Our bonus is that both of our C7s can sport this CF panel and the other the transparent panel (or each their own solid colour). The colour match rail is what the car would have come with and does/would look awesome. I do like the look of it being different from the norm with the black rail on either our SBM or LBR. Not all may agree ... just my out-of-the-box thing ... and because I could not find a similar priced fully exposed carbon fibre roof. 🤔 Besides CF gives a Corvette a little bit of a growly attitude 😂 (hood vent next)
F70A08DB-D9AD-4E78-B914-52B0DE5D6A2A.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the painted top and the clear top. Ive rarely used the clear top. One big advantage for the clear top though, is it makes the interior have a nice ‘airy’ and open feeling. I use the painted top because I like the look of having the painted colour on my roof. My last Vette was a c6 z06, so I’m used to the closed in feeling of a fixed roof. It’s great to have choices! Can’t go wrong either way. I’m actually selling my clear top.

Reactions: ddgermann
I have the painted top and the clear top. Ive rarely used the clear top. One big advantage for the clear top though, is it makes the interior have a nice ‘airy’ and open feeling. I use the painted top because I like the look of having the painted colour on my roof. My last Vette was a c6 z06, so I’m used to the closed in feeling of a fixed roof. It’s great to have choices! Can’t go wrong either way. I’m actually selling my clear top.
Where are you located ??? and what's your price ?
I know many looking for one ... including our friend here
(you can message me if you want or just answer here)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.