So that's how you're explaining the finger prints on the inside of the roof? Come on now we all know the real cause! Lol
no such "fortune" …
we had company on the trip who were having way much more fun …
and … without a transparent top :Woot:
DSC_0285a.jpg
@turbozig :joyful:

Last edited:
I agree with you the look with the painted rails looks better than the full CF top now that I've seen one. When I got my car my son said that it would have looked better full CF and I didn't disagree 100% but now I do.
I found my good photo of this black rail continuation of the windshield a-pillar effect which I have grown to like.
I would choose the full carbon roof too and I also respect that mine shall be different from that of a cruising buddy … :thumbs:
IMG_5834a.jpg IMG_5840a.jpg
… options for the halo remains on the list but I am looking for vents first

Last edited:
… interesting (?) … maybe not … both yourself @Tinman and @Sargon are reporting discomfort from the transparent roof being too hot?
The transparent roof panel we have is from 2017. You both have 2015 (?) and I know there was a change with the pins mid-2016
and I am now wondering if there was any other change made to these panels … (?)

It's not an issue with the TR being too hot, it''s with the sun beating down and warming the passegner compartment. It's basically the same as sitting in front of a window with the sun shinning in, after a while you start noticing and feeling the sun's heat. For us having the sun shinning in for hours as we drive did present some discomfort. The issue was resolved with the purchase of a linear.

Can't speak to any changes made to the TR, but would suspect that any transparent surfaces would behave in similar fashion.

Will say that from the outside the TR does look good on the car, maybe better then with a coloured roof, but with that said I'm willing to trade/buy a Torch Red coloured roof please PM if you have one to offer, please!! ;)

Reactions: ddgermann
OP, I bought mine used in pristine condition. As Derek mentioned, there is a robust after market on them as they are in somewhat high demand so if you don't like it I think you can move it quickly for what you paid as long as the condition is good. I bought mine late summer and like the look it gives the car both inside and out. With regards to heat, I can see how it would heat up the cabin, but my plan is to use it April/May and Sep/Oct when the cabin can sometimes use the extra heat. The last drive I had the temp was around 10C outside but it was sunny--had the clear roof and cabin temp was spot on. Solid roof will be on June-Aug for day drives, but as soon as the sun goes down I'm topless or clear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.