Last I looked about $2500 from GM.

Yes Eric that’s kind of what I remember too. Just don’t remember it it was the retail or factory option price when ordering the car.
They were selling last year used for as low as $1200 but I didn’t actually see the condition. Possibly the old pins and a scratch or 2 for that price. The upgrade kits cost about $250 plus if you don’t convert them yourself.
So $1800 is a reasonably ok price for a like new upgraded roof. 👍

Reactions: MiroB
I think my dual roof (CF and Lexan) was about a $3500 option with the car back in 2015. I thought the $2500 was a new from GM parts price when Jeffy was looking but I could be wrong.

Reactions: ddgermann
Hey guys...just an FYI that is my ad on kijiji. I hope I’m not infringing in any forum rules since I mention this. The top is like new, and a bit negotiable:)

Hey great you chimed in. These are a popular item so I expect it will sell quickly for you.
You could post it in the classified section here too. No cost for that.
You should do an intro post too and put up some pictures of your car. It looks pretty sweet in the roof panel ad. 👍

Hey great you chimed in. These are a popular item so I expect it will sell quickly for you.
You could post it in the classified section here too. No cost for that.
You should do an intro post too and put up some pictures of your car. It looks pretty sweet in the roof panel ad. 👍

Thanks for the kind words! I’m actually a new member here, so I can’t post just yet in the classifieds. I’ve been on the corvette forum for many years though and have had a vette in the garage since:) Once you’ve got the corvette fever there’s no cure. I’ve got a black rose metallic c7 by the way.

Thanks for the kind words! I’m actually a new member here, so I can’t post just yet in the classifieds. I’ve been on the corvette forum for many years though and have had a vette in the garage since:) Once you’ve got the corvette fever there’s no cure. I’ve got a black rose metallic c7 by the way.

Yes that’s right; I think you need 10 posts before you can put up a classified. Eric or Nik can confirm.
So... post away. The atmosphere here is slightly different than the other forum. 😆

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day

PM sent

Close retail. Kipp Scott or northgate in yeg offered at $2100 plus tax. Roof Panel, Removable - GM (84355035) | Kipp Scott GM Parts. Humm think I sold mine too cheap last year.....lol
New transparent roof take-offs usually have an $1800 asking price on Kijiji and I feel they most often end up selling for $1500 or less. It’s just a matter of being patient for one to pop up. I’ve heard of them selling for less but have not actually seen them priced that low. I had an opportunity for one last year at less than $1500 (verbal price) but then found fortune with a carbon fibre roof at a price that I could not refuse.

Reactions: frankmp
New transparent roof take-offs usually have an $1800 asking price on Kijiji and I feel they most often end up selling for $1500 or less. It’s just a matter of being patient for one to pop up. I’ve heard of them selling for less but have not actually seen them priced that low. I had an opportunity for one last year at less than $1500 (verbal price) but then found fortune with a carbon fibre roof at a price that I could not refuse.
Yup sold the two i had for $1500ea.... And they have been on Kigigi for much less...its all finding it at the right time!!

Reactions: YFCvii
Yup sold the two i had for $1500ea.... And they have been on Kigigi for much less...its all finding it at the right time!!
Little to worry - your take-off funds received appears bang-on :thumbs:

Lower priced ones ... might have questions (and with sellers not very good with replies).
I even noticed one on Kijiji for almost 2 years in YYC at $2100 ...
seller was "angry" when responding to an inquiry.

Last edited:
Lots of different opinions on the clear roof. My painted roof has never been on the car. Looks good in it's protective cover hanging on the garage wall.
My garage wall has no corvette hangings other than two roof panel bags …
which I put into the back of the cars during the winter months ...
can't wait to hang them back on the walls again & decide which of the panels goes where for the day … :Smuggrin:

Purely from a cosmetic stance, the colour match with exposed carbon fiber roof is by far the nicest looking roof. I have both the exposed CF and the Lexan for my DSOM. Have had the Lexan on once and easily decided the CF looks way better. I had both the Lexan and the painted roof for my C6 and never had the painted roof on once. But that exposed CF roof looks so sweet. Here's what it would look like on yours.
Plus it's only half the weight of the Lexan roof.

View attachment 23529
Totally agree with you on this one. I also bought mine with the CF roof and the Lexan. But I also agree with Sargon and his take on having the Lexan. On some days it's just too hot and uncomfortable to cruise around with it on but the look is nice on the outside as long as it's not black then it just looks like the painted roof.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you on this one. I also bought mine with the CF roof and the Lexan. But I also agree with Sargon and his take on having the Lexan. On some days it's just too hot and uncorfortable to cruise around with it on but the look is nice on the outside as long as it's not black.
… interesting (?) … maybe not … both yourself @Tinman and @Sargon are reporting discomfort from the transparent roof being too hot?
The transparent roof panel we have is from 2017. You both have 2015 (?) and I know there was a change with the pins mid-2016
and I am now wondering if there was any other change made to these panels … (?)
I had the transparent panel on for 5000km of driving mid-Summer 2018 from Calgary - to - Winnipeg and then returning via
North Dakota and weather was hot & sunny. My Wife was very pleased with the transparent panel not being uncomfortable in the
way you mention … although it was warm to the touch, it wasn't hot and we could leave our hand on it (inside). We ended up
with finger prints all over the inside of the panel while specifically testing the panel for excessive heat on this trip and we were
pretty happy with what we found. So now I wonder if the panel material or a coating on it has changed …. I already know that
I am pretty easy to please … but I guarantee my wife would have complained big time if the roof failed her "tests".

Reactions: ddgermann
I think my dual roof (CF and Lexan) was about a $3500 option with the car back in 2015. I thought the $2500 was a new from GM parts price when Jeffy was looking but I could be wrong.
I just looked at my sales invoice and it was $3145 for the CF/Lexan roof package in 2015. So I think we got a great deal when GM is looking upwards of $2K for a Lexan now..

I chose to hunt and found an exposed carbon fibre roof panel with Black Painted Rails that match and look continuous with the windshield A pillar. Our bonus is that both of our C7s can sport this CF panel and the other the transparent panel (or each their own solid colour). The colour match rail is what the car would have come with and does/would look awesome. I do like the look of it being different from the norm with the black rail on either our SBM or LBR. Not all may agree ... just my out-of-the-box thing ... and because I could not find a similar priced fully exposed carbon fibre roof. 🤔 Besides CF gives a Corvette a little bit of a growly attitude 😂 (hood vent next)
View attachment 23531
I agree with you the look with the painted rails looks better than the full CF top now that I've seen one. When I got my car my son said that it would have looked better full CF and I didn't disagree 100% but now I do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.