I don't think they do like you may think. If it's so it's because the C8 is a completely different animal. More akin to a Ferrari or Lambo than any other generation of Corvette. I'm not a Corvette enthusiast.
I’m not a Corvette guy either, the C8 being my first one. I did test drive the C7 a couple of times, but just couldn’t get used to the long hood and visibility. I know all previous Corvette owners will disagree with that statement, but I just couldn’t get comfortable. The C8 has great forward views (rear visibility is something else, but I have the rearview mirror camera). That being said, I really love the lines of the C7 and I really wanted to feel comfortable driving it- and maybe a long time behind the wheel may have changed that. The one thing I’m kicking myself over is I had the opportunity to buy a new 2019 C7 manual for $10,000 less than msrp and I didn’t take it.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
That was a good price, never understood selling at auction a car that would be easy to sell for good money on AutoTrader. I think BAT is a better place to sell if you want to auction it off
Lol, it might not be offered by the owner, unless of course the US Marshall service has registered the car….

Interesting perspectives

I bought a Corvette (my 1st) because I was tired of Porsches (had a 911 at the time) BS re waitlists, not being able to even order a gt3 etc

Bought a M7 2019 C7 simply because I wanted a manual that the c8 did not offer

It now seems that c8s are in the same position as Porsches and the ADMs, wait lists etc BS. Presumably this evens out over time

So if I was going to spend that kind of coin on a Z (and made the move to an auto) then I would likely go McLaren as well. More special

Reactions: WPGZ06
Not suggesting that a Mclaren is made of magical pixie dust but the nut of it is that 5 to ten years from now C8’s will be sitting on used car lots covered in snow and dust (just like every other Corvette model including late model C6 and C7’s) while european exotics such as Mclaren, will be in collections. Yes I know this is a generalization, but when the bubble bursts this is likely the reality.

I love my Vette. I purchased it because it fit my needs and my budget, but not my dream…..

So if I was going to spend that kind of coin on a Z (and made the move to an auto) then I would likely go McLaren as well. More special
Remember that a DCT is not an automatic tranny in the conventional sense. You can shift it manually and it's more intelligent than a traditional auto as well being that it is already in the next gear waiting for your command to go there. I can't speak for other "auto" sports cars, but it can be almost as much fun as a stick & left pedal, while substantially more fun than a traditional auto.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 BAD 9T9
Veering OT here, sorry

But I have driven a 911 with a PDK which is the gold standard of autos. I understand that they are technically much better than old autos but without a clutch it's still an auto

I haven't driven a zr1 or new z06 so can't speak to what I would prefer but agree with others that they are quite different cars for different audiences. The c8 guys will never admit to wanting to trade "down" just as 992 Porsche guys will never admit to wanting a 991 ;)

Veering OT here, sorry

But I have driven a 911 with a PDK which is the gold standard of autos. I understand that they are technically much better than old autos but without a clutch it's still an auto
I'm sure you meant "clutch pedal" because a DCT has two clutches. Ya, I knew a Porsche had a similar tranny, but I'm not up on other sports cars. I was just point it out that it can be almost as much fun as a stick and left pedal. Left paddle replaces the clutch pedal and the right paddle replaces the stick shifter. My wife wouldn't have like the C8 with a stick so I doubt we'd get one if it only came that way.

Interesting perspectives

I bought a Corvette (my 1st) because I was tired of Porsches (had a 911 at the time) BS re waitlists, not being able to even order a gt3 etc

Bought a M7 2019 C7 simply because I wanted a manual that the c8 did not offer

It now seems that c8s are in the same position as Porsches and the ADMs, wait lists etc BS. Presumably this evens out over time

Interesting as that is the direction I'm heading in lol looking to add a Porsche or Mclaren to the garage. Porsche would be older as I'd want the stick, Mclaren would be newer with the auto

The C8 auto tran is definitely an upgrade over the C7, but I still much prefer the Porsche and I will agree with Vern1, they really are the gold standard when it comes to DCT/PDK, hell their suvs with PDK are fantastic, wife loves the GTS.

Reactions: Vern1
I would trade it all for an original IROC Porsche, especially the orange one even though orange is not my favourite colour.

An iconic look for sure.

1642114959692.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.