You do realize that GM has a home run with the C8, younger and new to Corvette buyers are lining up in droves who would never have considered a C7, stop trolling the C8 forum
Quit trolling the troll! ;)
He is entitled to his opinion and that one is certainly an unusual one. I certainly understand the stick shift vs paddle shift debate but there are a few that prefer the look of a front engine car over a mid engine one.

Reactions: MY21C8
Quit trolling the troll! ;)
He is entitled to his opinion and that one is certainly an unusual one. I certainly understand the stick shift vs paddle shift debate but there are a few that prefer the look of a front engine car over a mid engine one.
I agree with the “stick shift vs paddle shift”. I sure do miss the third peddle when doing spirited driving. However, when cruising around or in stop and go traffic, the automatic sure is nice. Only 69 days until the first day of spring!

You do realize that GM has a home run with the C8, younger and new to Corvette buyers are lining up in droves who would never have considered a C7, stop trolling the C8 forum

Did I say GM did anything wrong from their point of view? I'm a young buyer and the C8 does nothing for me, and I also said I'm in the minority. Could have picked up a C8, did not want one, simple as that.
Trolling? sensitive much? Did not realize I had to bow down to the C8

Another winterpegger here as well. i have to agree with wpgzo6 . I too was in line for c8 and opped out to keep the my m7 zo6.. the c8 on parking lot autocross is a bear. on real track falls flat, thats where the new c8zo6 should step it up. i again am on zo6 list. we'll see what happens

Original line you went with there. Didn't realize you don't get winter in your province. C8 guys are so sensitive. New generation does nothing for me and the C7ZR1 is what I'd go with.
So far (fingers crossed) no accumulation, but cold. Didn’t mean to dis your car. I appreciate a wide variety cars. From old classics to modern day hyper cars and yours is one I’d admire. Enjoy your car!!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
So far (fingers crossed) no accumulation, but cold. Didn’t mean to dis your car. I appreciate a wide variety cars. From old classics to modern day hyper cars and yours is one I’d admire. Enjoy your car!!

Did not take it as a dis at all, cars are completely subjective; I'm not a corvette guy for life, but I do love C2, C6, C7 eras but also appreciate all cars. Me personally I'd like to add a ZR1 or I'm getting a completely different non-corvette as my second car.
I was not aiming my comments specifically at you, but I just do not understand C8 owners thinking its impossible to like a different era corvette instead. The C8 is a great move by GM and I'm not down playing the advancements, it just does nothing for me is all.

Do love your blue though!

I just do not understand C8 owners thinking its impossible to like a different era corvette instead.
I don't think they do like you may think. If it's so it's because the C8 is a completely different animal. More akin to a Ferrari or Lambo than any other generation of Corvette. I'm not a Corvette enthusiast. My first love was for a Camaro. When a kid I owned a '71 340 Duster, but pined for a '67 Camaro. For almost 30 years I wanted one and finally got one in '98 and bought a second in 2001. Never thought I'd ever sell them until the C8 came out. Sure, I liked the Corvettes but never gave a thought to owning one. My dream cars if I could afford it, would have been a Lambo. Now with the C8, I don't need or even want one.
But I can still appreciate the C1 through 7's as much as I can appreciate a Mustang or a 427 Cobra. They are all nice, but just not for me.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I don't think they do like you may think. If it's so it's because the C8 is a completely different animal. More akin to a Ferrari or Lambo than any other generation of Corvette. I'm not a Corvette enthusiast. My first love was for a Camaro. When a kid I owned a '71 340 Duster, but pined for a '67 Camaro. For almost 30 years I wanted one and finally got one in '98 and bought a second in 2001. Never thought I'd ever sell them until the C8 came out. Sure, I liked the Corvettes but never gave a thought to owning one. My dream cars if I could afford it, would have been a Lambo. Now with the C8, I don't need or even want one.
But I can still appreciate the C1 through 7's as much as I can appreciate a Mustang or a 427 Cobra. They are all nice, but just not for me.

That is all I was getting at, but a vast majority of C8 owners I have encountered believe it is the greatest car of all time and the greatest corvette of all time and everything else is not worthy. Talk to me like I'm crazy or that I could not afford one, neither is the case. That is just my experience. I've driven lambo, ferrari, etc. and the C8, to me, is not equal and is why I have zero interest and passed when I had chance to own one. It is a huge change and I see why GM did what they did, it is just not for me.
Like you I'm not a corvette guy for life, and if I cannot find a ZR1 the C7 will more than likely be only corvette I ever own as I'm going to get a completely different car to add to the garage such as a Porsche or McLaren. Maybe one of the future gen corvettes will change my mind, but as it stands I have zero interest in it currently.

My 02.

Regardless of the C7 or C8 question, the draw for many to the Corvette lineup was affordability. It was always within the grasp, financially speaking, of the common middle class working guy. The European exotics were not. Even a 3 trim Z06 C7 was likely affordable if a guy put his financial house in order. Even easier to get into a GS or a Stingray. Of course the MacDaddy was the ZR1 but in driving a Stingray or GS you were at least in the family. Then along came the C8 and affordability has left the building. First find a dealer, pay well over MSRP, and you can find yourself at $150k without blinking. Most assuredly tickling the $200k mark for a Z06 and only Allah knows what a Zora will cost. Affordability is toast. Now to make matters worst, the supply chain, the Covid, and the C8, have dragged used C6 and C7 prices into factory new MSRP numbers for the model years, and we have kicked affordability out of the used market as well.

So get to the point Al....The point is that Corvette was always the working man's (sorry ladies) sports car. That was a massive demographic with guys saving their beer money up for a Vette down payment with a retail price tag that may have made mother crinkle her eyebrow but in most cases the frying pan did not get a flying lesson at your expense. The C8 has changed that. If I need to spend $200k, and assuming I can, I can go get a mid teens Maclaren 650 GTS, or a very late teens 360 Spyder, stuff that will really turn a head a two. Cars that will retain value into the distant future. My position is that yes the C8 is a cool car but the economics (I am not even convinced this is what GM was aiming for) has moved the Corvette into a different market niche. A smaller one with likely more discerning buyers, but certainly not the Joe Six Pack crowd.

So to the question of trade. Nope. Why? Because the C7 and C8 crowds are different. Different tastes, different appetites, and likely different economic demographics (generalization). I am a front engine muscle car guy and if I was to win the lottery I would go get a Mclaren 650/750 or above. So there will be little unity on the question as asked because the question is do you really want the steak or the seafood.

Reactions: Vern1
My 02.

Then along came the C8 and affordability has left the building.
I'd have to disagree on this. It is easy to find a dealer selling at MSRP. The issue is demand. You will typically have to wait for a year to get one.

I'd have to disagree on this. It is easy to find a dealer selling at MSRP. The issue is demand. You will typically have to wait for a year to get one.
What will a loaded C8 Z06 sell for? I bet the majority of Canadian loaded C8 Z06’s are going to come in within spitting distance of $200k. If you can find one.

• Agree
Reactions: henkz06
What will a loaded C8 Z06 sell for? I bet the majority of Canadian loaded C8 Z06’s are going to come in within spitting distance of $200k. If you can find one.
Are there really that many people willing to spend $200,000 for a sportscar in Canada? I mean, I know the huge waitlists and the high anticipation for this car- I’m on a list as well because I got carried away with the hype! But for a few bucks more than the presumed price of a completely top line Z06 Z07 you can get a Stingray coupe and a convertible! (being able to actually buy the Stingray is a different issue at the moment). Wow! I honestly didn’t know of the numbers of people willing to part with that much money! I had to think long and hard before getting the Stingray and spending $100,000. No regrets though.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Are there really that many people willing to spend $200,000 for a sportscar in Canada? I mean, I know the huge waitlists and the high anticipation for this car- I’m on a list as well because I got carried away with the hype! But for a few bucks more than the presumed price of a completely top line Z06 Z07 you can get a Stingray coupe and a convertible! (being able to actually buy the Stingray is a different issue at the moment). Wow! I honestly didn’t know of the numbers of people willing to part with that much money! I had to think long and hard before getting the Stingray and spending $100,000. No regrets though.
I think you are overestimating the price difference between stingray and z06, also keep in mind that most of us with stingrays will get more than we paid when we trade them in for a z06 subsidizing the price difference even further.

I think you are overestimating the price difference between stingray and z06, also keep in mind that most of us with stingrays will get more than we paid when we trade them in for a z06 subsidizing the price difference even further.

Only if your one of the early Z06 owners, otherwise the market will re-stabilize and prices will come back to reality where getting what you paid will no longer be happening. Getting over 100k for a stingray will not go on forever

Reactions: vinny's vette
Don't forget the 10% buyers premium plus taxes and fees. That's $176K USD....not sure how much in Canada $$$. It was a nice car. A low mile SO convertible coming up on Saturday, lot S118. I think it might have M7. Thinking it might get in the 200K USD range after you factor in the fees. Yikes!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.