I'm not starting a war of words here but basically if you have a C8 Z06 you are wondering if someone with a C7 ZR1 would do a trade with you?

How much of a cheque will you be cutting for the C7 ZR1 owner on top of giving up your C8 Z06 for that car?? Your question should be whether someone with a C7 ZR1 would be willing to trade you for a C8 Z06. I doubt there would be many that will do that trade (I know I wouldn't and I have the exact ZR1 you are wondering about).

The car was revealed back in Oct but really we still don't know too much about it especially pricing and ultimately what a full load Z07 version realistically will cost at the dealership with or without "market adjustment".

It could do a lot of things better/faster than a C7 ZR1 but it won't be a 1 year run of 2800 cars worldwide (mostly USA & Canada (with about only 128 cars)), or be the highest horsepower Corvette currently available and will still be crowned "The King" no matter if and when a C8 ZR1 or Zora will ever eventually materialize.

Reactions: 68Rodzilla
I'm not starting a war of words here but basically if you have a C8 Z06 you are wondering if someone with a C7 ZR1 would do a trade with you?

How much of a cheque will you be cutting for the C7 ZR1 owner on top of giving up your C8 Z06 for that car?? Your question should be whether someone with a C7 ZR1 would be willing to trade you for a C8 Z06. I doubt there would be many that will do that trade (I know I wouldn't and I have the exact ZR1 you are wondering about).

The car was revealed back in Oct but really we still don't know too much about it especially pricing and ultimately what a full load Z07 version realistically will cost at the dealership with or without "market adjustment".

It could do a lot of things better/faster than a C7 ZR1 but it won't be a 1 year run of 2800 cars worldwide (mostly USA & Canada (with about only 128 cars)), or be the highest horsepower Corvette currently available and will still be crowned "The King" no matter if and when a C8 ZR1 or Zora will ever eventually materialize.
I don’t know why you assume that a straight up trade would be out of the question, how much was your car in 2019 140k , most C8 Z06 owners will think it’s a step backwards and would not even consider it, as far as being “ The King” time or technology marches on and the C8 Zr1 and Zora will destroy the C7 Zr1 in every metrics. I’m glad you enjoy your car that much but to me it’s collectible because of the last M7, if it was the A8 I wouldn’t even trade for a base C8 . I have a dealer close to me that is interested but the Zr1 is an A8 so out of the question. The search will continue lol

Can you post a couple of pics of your car would like to see it, Toronto eh, do you track it?

Last edited:
It would be out of the question for me to trade my car straight up for a new C8 Z06, whether you think that is a reasonable trade in the current market is up to you and I wish you luck finding a C7 ZR1 owner that will do that trade when you get your C8 Z06.

I have a 1 of 1 ZR1 in Canada and I went through a lot of "stuff (I'll just say that)" to get it considering I was late to the game in finding my car and buying it back in July of 2019. A "regular" C7 ZR1 I believe did MSRP in the CAN$140k range, most if you add the "desirable" options stickered at around CAN$164k area (what mine was) or higher with SODP and all the other options ticked off. It's easy to check BAT or anywhere else to see what they are listing and selling for, especially if they have all the options and M7.

A 5 mile low wing, base seat 3ZR A8 car was listed by a seller for US$189k and it sold for US$185k last week and a bit, do the exchange and you can get an idea what a full load M7 similar car would sell for (much higher than that price).

Yeah I understand time and tech marches on and for sure a C8 ZR1 or Zora will be better but mostly it will be better because of electric hybrid (if they are going that route) assist or whatever they are going to call it. I'll stay with my old fashioned gasoline powered propulsion that is the essence of what Corvette is to me.

My car is posted in the C7 ZR1 section, pics are there and videos also, haven't tracked it yet but I have plans to when I'm ready.

Reactions: Gilles27
It would be out of the question for me to trade my car straight up for a new C8 Z06, whether you think that is a reasonable trade in the current market is up to you and I wish you luck finding a C7 ZR1 owner that will do that trade when you get your C8 Z06.

I have a 1 of 1 ZR1 in Canada and I went through a lot of "stuff (I'll just say that)" to get it considering I was late to the game in finding my car and buying it back in July of 2019. A "regular" C7 ZR1 I believe did MSRP in the CAN$140k range, most if you add the "desirable" options stickered at around CAN$164k area (what mine was) or higher with SODP and all the other options ticked off. It's easy to check BAT or anywhere else to see what they are listing and selling for, especially if they have all the options and M7.

A 5 mile low wing, base seat 3ZR A8 car was listed by a seller for US$189k and it sold for US$185k last week and a bit, do the exchange and you can get an idea what a full load M7 similar car would sell for (much higher than that price).

Yeah I understand time and tech marches on and for sure a C8 ZR1 or Zora will be better but mostly it will be better because of electric hybrid (if they are going that route) assist or whatever they are going to call it. I'll stay with my old fashioned gasoline powered propulsion that is the essence of what Corvette is to me.

My car is posted in the C7 ZR1 section, pics are there and videos also, haven't tracked it yet but I have plans to when I'm ready.
Just saw it in the garage thread, white one nice
FYI all the talk is E-Ray will be hybrid and Zora full electric but the Zr1 is supposed to be 5.5 L twin turbo only
iOS Image - 846438986.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vinny's vette
Have to agree with Afterimage. No way would I straight up trade my ZR1 for a C8 Z06. I have continuously owned Vettes since 1969, including customs, hot rodded, nitrous assisted, C8 Z51, C7 Z06 and nothing even comes close to the ZR1, whether you are talking brute performance, curb appeal, rarity, collectibility or any other measures. I am on four dealers lists for a C8 Z06 at MSRP and will be buying one when available, but will be keeping the ZR1 unless someone comes up with some crazy money. Turned down $175K USD about a month ago...might have considered $185 in a moment of weakness. The C8 Z51 was a great driver, but no contest compared to ZR1. Gonna be a tough act to follow.

Attachments

• 20211022_151545.jpg
    20211022_151545.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
Funny, if someone wanted to give me their ZR1 for my C8 I'd straight up decline! Power can always be added and (IMO) only a Corvette enthusiast would care about the name plate.
(Can you tell I've never been an enthusiast?) ;)

Sorry but no C7 ZR1 owner would trade straight up for a C8 and I'm pretty sure they won't also for a Z06 C8 (I know I won't).

I just noticed a post about C8 Z06 production starting up in April and they want to produce 60 a day if everything goes to plan. Basically in 2 days they will make almost as many Z06 as what was produced for Canada of the C7 ZR1 for the entire 2019 production. In about a month and a bit there will be as many Z06's produced as the ENTIRE run of ZR1 in 2019. Think about that for a moment. You'll be seeing C8 Z06's everywhere once the cars are in many people's hands. You will rarely if ever see a C7 ZR1 driving around in the wild unless you are at a car show and 1 show's up or at CAC.

I'm sure the C8 Z06 will be great but it won't hold a candle to a C7 ZR1 and again I would not give up my ZR1 for a C8 Z06. The new car will get the attention of course as the new kid on the block but the old guard is still at the top of the mountain that the new one has to ascend to attain.

Funny, if someone wanted to give me their ZR1 for my C8 I'd straight up decline! Power can always be added and (IMO) only a Corvette enthusiast would care about the name plate.
Almost sounds like a C8 creed.
This is my C8. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My C8 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my C8 is useless. Without my C8, I am useless. I must drive my C8 true. I must run it faster than all other super cars who are trying to beat me. 😂😂

I agree, I would never switch from a c8 to a c7

Reactions: Murray20c8

Afterimage ***has a point about the 2019 ZR1 production being lower than the anticipated 2023 C8 Z06 production. Here's a Corvette Blogger article providing the 2019 Corvette production stats, telling us that 2,953 of the 755HP ZR1's were built. Only 30% were manual transmissions, so roughly 886 of them. And with only 512 being convertibles (about 17% of the 2019 ZR1's made) finding a standard transmission 2019 convertible, could be a challenge.​

There's no doubt the ZR1 is the "Corvette swan-song" to the front engine platform. For those who like a standard transmission, it may truly be a much sought-after Corvette collectible with all the automatic transmissions coming out across most of the sport car lines. Then for anyone with a manual AND convertible 2019 ZR1...wow.

According to the NCM 2019 stats, there were 140 2019 ZR1 convertibles made with manual transmissions...so just over 27% of the convertibles. Check out the more complete 2019 stats from the NCM here if interested:

Comparing the 2019 ZR1 to the C8 Z06 is in many ways "apples to oranges". For the engines alone, the ZR1 is supercharged whereas the C8 Z06 is all naturally aspirated. A better comparison performance-wise may be the C8 ZR1 with its anticipated 850HP but then you've got the front-engine vs the mid-engine designs that handle very differently. As to which Corvette will be at "the top of the heap", the C8 Zora which is likely to be produced in limited numbers may be seen as that car especially with the C9 Corvette generation going all-electric. But then again no doubt some will argue the Zora isn't in the running, since it's a gas/electric hybrid. So some may look to the C8 ZR1, depending upon its production numbers. Only time will tell.

But regardless and as with anything, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and opinions/preferences will vary so everyone should celebrate the different Corvettes from all generations...and congratulate others who have/enjoy/drive a different Corvette. My 2 cents.

***I couldn't change the bolded start of this posting, due to (?) quoting Afterimage's handle at the beginning? So the bolded print isn't meant to emphasize anything.

Here's my old C8 Z51. Magnificent car! Sold it and got the ZR1. Never looked back. Might consider trading the ZR1 for two of these plus some cash.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210310-191429_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210310-191429_Messages.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20210306-163354_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-163354_Messages.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210529_102700.jpg
    20210529_102700.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Just for fun I checked both autotrader.ca and autotrader.com for the 2019 ZR1.

Autotrader.ca had 2 for sale: only Coupes and the one with a manual transmission has an asking price of Can$260,000. A third Coupe with an automatic transmission had an asking price of $244,887 and is sold.

Autotrader.com had more many more for sale (Coupes and Convertibles). They included 9 Convertibles and only one of them has a manual transmission; its asking price US$207,900 (yikes!).

Just for fun I checked both autotrader.ca and autotrader.com for the 2019 ZR1.

Autotrader.ca had 2 for sale: only Coupes and the one with a manual transmission has an asking price of Can$260,000. A third Coupe with an automatic transmission had an asking price of $244,887 and is sold.

Autotrader.com had more many more for sale (Coupes and Convertibles). They included 9 Convertibles and only one of them has a manual transmission; its asking price US$207,900 (yikes!).
Prices for cars has gone crazy, dealers in the USA are asking for 50 to 200k over MSRP for C8 Z06 allocations or even the more crooked blind bids like the snakes at Coughlin dealer where the lying Rick Conti works

Interesting to see how popular the M7 transmission is in Canada. I sold a beautiful red C7 Z07 convertible to a dealer in AZ and thought that there would be bidding wars for it. The car had the M7. As it turned out, the dealer sold it for less than he paid me. It seems that nobody in AZ wants a manual transmission. All my Vettes over the years were manual transmission until I got a C8. The A8 really worked great and I really like the A8 in the ZR1. Maybe it's an age thing, but these modern automatics are really nice....and quicker than the manuals.

Easily take the C7ZR1 over the C8Z, and actually actively looking for one, but im in the minority around here, the C8 is hideous all around
You do realize that GM has a home run with the C8, younger and new to Corvette buyers are lining up in droves who would never have considered a C7, stop trolling the C8 forum

Last edited:
Easily take the C7ZR1 over the C8Z, and actually actively looking for one, but im in the minority around here, the C8 is hideous all around
From winterpeg eh? 🤣🤣🤣 Everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong it may be. 😂😂😂

• Agree
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.