We had a member on CCF sometime ago. He was selling flat repair emergency kits that worked really well. I bought a few of them for backup and must say they were impressive. Sorry I cannot recall the brand name but the kit included a tool for reaming the puncture and installing the plug(s), some adhesive and plugs.
They were called DynaPlug. You can find them on Amazon. Not cheap though.

always carry a tire repair kit, plugs and foam just in case....with a small compressor. I've been saved by run flat in past.
Ditto ... Been doing the same for years .... have a kit in each of my vehicles .... even put a kit together for my daughters Chevy Trax ... not that she even knows how to use it and if she gets a flat the first number shell call is mine .... but its there ;)

I have a small toolbox in the frunk that still leaves room for groceries. Inside the toolbox I have a tire patch kit, low profile scissor jack, small compressor, and socket/wrench for the wheel nuts. I always put such a kit in any vehicle that we own.
I want to be able to remove the tire and get it serviced (or patch it) no matter where I am. Patch kits work well in a pinch to keep the tire from getting ruined. You can only travel so far with no air in a run-flat before you have to replace it.
When the time comes for new tires, for sure I will go with non-runflat tires. I did that on my wife's X3 and the ride improvement was very noticeable.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette