Nov 5, 2017
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
1999 C5 Coupe, 6 spd
I'm going to need 4 new tire pressure monitors for these C6 wheels going on my '99 C5.
There are many to choose from - need some help choosing the correct ones that can be easily programmed once installed.
Thanks for any ideas.

3rd party reset tools can be purchased at some GM dealerships and is why I did just that - to not involve the dealer when possible for the programming part ($$$).
As far as the sensors, unsure as they may likely need to be acceptable for the actual TPMS system of the vehicle - and a dealer may have to be involved for that.

This is similar to the TPMS reset tool I purchased (instructions to set TPMS should be in your "glove-box" automobile manual).
I have used the same tool for many various GM vehicles from 1998 through to my 2017 car.
s-l300.jpg

Reactions: ron6468
Do the sensors in your current wheels work? I had mine swapped over into the C7 wheels as it's a pretty easy changeover. If you're looking for new sensors.....Otherwise you could try Dave's Corvette Illuminations: 1997-2000 TPMS SENSOR REPAIR, DAVE'S CORVETTE ILLUMINATIONS
I haven't used him, but options are pretty limited when it comes to the 97-00 TPMS sensors.

any part numbers for a decent programming tool and where to buy, dealer?
Jeff @Jeffer2013 ...
I do believe that Sherwood Park Chev has one like I pictured in my message above ... it's 3rd party so no part number (just on the parts counter)
They will likely refer to it as a "TPMS Reset Tool" when you inquire with them.
This is if you don't want to deal with online shopping with the credit card & you want this tool now now now.
I think I saw it at Sherwood Park Chev and they might be about $100 which is decent only when compared to if you have ever got a bill from the dealer to reset TPMS ($$$).
I bought mine years ago as I stumbled across it way back when they were just not known to be out there.
I reset TPMS a minimum of 8 times per year with all my Family's Winter-to-All Season tire swaps and back again on all our Cadillac, GMC & Chevys (1998 thru 2017)
Easy to use ... just have to find the procedure for each vehicle in it's glove-box manual

No I don't do Corvette Winter Tire swaps :Nono1: although the tool I have will reset their TPMS (I checked because it was there and I had nothing else to do at the time) :D

Last edited:
Mine does not have any Keith but that does not mean I won't drop in!!

Drop in any time Murray. We have a Keurig coffee maker, so you can choose coffee for your own taste. It's so simple to use that I can even brew a mug full of java. That rude dump of white stuff last night wasn't welcome. Give us another month. We usually have the cars out by mid April. Will have to make a run up your way once the salt is gone.

Makes me wonder if I got ripped off by my winter tire/wheel supplier. I had a 2010 Ford F150 then a 2014 F150 and the current 2016 F150. They told me my sensors would not work in the new truck and it cost me $200.00 for news ones.

Makes me wonder if I got ripped off by my winter tire/wheel supplier. I had a 2010 Ford F150 then a 2014 F150 and the current 2016 F150. They told me my sensors would not work in the new truck and it cost me $200.00 for news ones.

Reprogrammable sensor fits about 90% of cars and light truck market, they where not available in 2010. That said, 2010 to 2016 is not bad with the same sensors considering the average lifespan of the internal batteries.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I purchased Set of 4 OEM 25773946 Shrader TPMS on eBay (seller kovo2016) for $59.00 Can
Took a long time to come from Singapore, but the price was right! Time will tell when I get around to installing in my new wheels, if they work or not!!

We did new sensors when I installed my CCW wheels and after a week they went dead. I guess they had been sitting on a shelf for quite some time. I don't really want to mess with the wheels again just for sensors at the risk of marking the CCW's.:Arghh:

Bill

Attachments

• waxed cars 017.JPG
    waxed cars 017.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 22
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.